pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 49

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1200The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 12:02pm

"Track 1 of the second cd - he sings! About 4 bars, first in Spanish, then in English, quietly, a cappella."

Well, that does it. Amazon, here I come!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1201The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 12:15pm

Waaa!!! I don't get this - I just checked my Amazon.com order and now it says it won't be shipped until October 21st! And when I check the listing it says it hasn't been released, and is only available for pre-order. I don't get it....

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

wonkit
#1202The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 12:39pm

I guess I was the lucky one on this. I ordered via Amazon.com in late September and they had given me October 23rd as a receipt date (opening night of S-T-P, right?) so no one was more surprised than I was to get this so quickly.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1203The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 12:53pm

Same here. I ordered it around mid-September and at that time they said shipping date of October 18th, the release date. And now the ship date keeps changing. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four I went with the free shipping - I wonder if that's the problem. Maybe they aren't inclined to be as timely with the free shipments as they are with the paid ones.

wonkit
#1204The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 1:29pm

I have "Prime" - where you pay up-front and get free 2-day shipping for a year. (I use Amazon.com for text books, too, so it ends up being worth it.) Maybe Prime customers get some sort of priority?

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1205The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 1:34pm

That may well be it. I know with the free shipping they tend to delay it a bit, but I think its vastly unfair that they shipped you the book two weeks before it's even supposed to be released! The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#1206The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 3:42pm

My guess is that you will, in fact, get yours sooner than they are saying. It's not like I am "special" or anything!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1207The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:08pm

Hmpfh. I'm feeling neglected, abandoned and alooooone... The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#1208The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 4:44pm

That's okay. When you get your copy, Raulito will sing you a lullaby: "Buenos dias, paloma blanca..."
Updated On: 10/7/08 at 04:44 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1209The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/7/08 at 5:56pm

*melts*
That will be worth the agony of drawn-out anticipation.....

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#1210The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/8/08 at 9:26pm

I just saw a 10 second commercial for Speed The Plow on E channel tonight during Chicago.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1211The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/8/08 at 10:14pm

Sigh. Well, Amazon says my estimated ship date is Oct 27th!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1212The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 12:13am

Same here, Hest. It's vastly annoying. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#1213The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 12:48pm

I ordered mine on Sunday night and got it today.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1214The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 1:24pm

Well, they definitely discriminate against the people who use free shipping. I just went in and re-ordered it, and if I pay for shipping it'll be shipped today, but if I go with free shipping it'll be shipped on the 14th.

So I canceled my previous order that STILL said it wouldn't be shipped until the 27th (how can that be when a "new" order says it'll be shipped the 14th, even with free shipping??) and ordered it with the new shipping date of the 14th.

Its very confusing.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1215The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 1:46pm

Well, since Amazon has their 3-month free Prime trial promotion going on right now I think I'm going to sign up for that and do what Humbug just did.

Chrysanthemum62001
#1216The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 7:48pm

Humbug, that is SO weird. I ordered mine on Monday and got it today. I started listeing to it and I'm almost through the first cd. It is already worth the money. And I LOVE how he says Eduardo! :)

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1217The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/9/08 at 10:03pm

Quick update: I signed up for Amazon Prime and re-placed the order. Now it says it's due to ship tomorrow!

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1218The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/11/08 at 1:24am

Oh eek! Someone has posted footage of Hushabye Mountain over on YT!

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#1219The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:21pm

Yay! Just got email from Amazon that it's shipped! And should be delivered by the 16th.

I'm still boggled by the fact that my original order wasn't going to ship until the 27th, but this order shipped on the 11th. Oh well, at least I'll get it in a reasonably timely fashion now.

Awww, I love Hushabye Mountain! And I love how Raúl takes a simple lullaby and turns it into a power ballad. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

wonkit
#1220The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 1:51pm

Anyone been to SPEED-THE-PLOW lately?

Chrysanthemum62001
#1221The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 3:56pm

Aww, I MISS Chitty. How funny.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1222The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:02pm

I almost went yesterday on a last minute whim, but they only had rear mezz seats, so I figured I'd wait. Willpower has never been my strong suit.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

wonkit
#1223The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 9:21pm

I got a ticket for this Wednesday matinee. Can't wait.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#1224The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 10/12/08 at 9:41pm

I'm so pathetic. I'm back to watching "Petrified" over and over again. It's amazing to me how different it sounds from the cast album, yet in both versions the acting--visually or vocally--is perfection. He manages the heartbreaking subtlety as well as the grand passion with complete immersion and mastery. Yeah, yeah, I know he's not perfect. Whatever. The Raúl E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four

Videos