News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5- Page 11

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#250RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 10:43am

She got new teeth! So there's that!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#251RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 10:46am

Well Sasha Fierce was in need of a new grill.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#252RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 11:00am

Tyra's win is why they started adding all the singing and acting challenges to the contest. Bebe Zahara Benet had a personality that the judges really liked, so there weren't many changes other than set design for Season 2. Then they found out a contestant could win just by knowing how to dress and do trick on the runway. Season 3 suddenly had a lot more performance challenges and wound up with a big personality as the winner.

For what it's worth, the top 4 all seemed really confused by the edit in the last couple episodes. They don't deny that they said what they said about Jinkx, but they all point out that Jinkx fought back and, for the most part, they got along great. I mean, Jinkx and Alaska have practically been on tour with each other since February and Detox has said in every interview that she knew Jinkx would probably win from the start because she's so talented. Roxxy has apologized on Facebook for taking it so far but even she's in contact with Jinkx.

What they all say is that the girls who knew Coco and Alyssa were shocked that Coco behaved that way on set. That's not the Coco they know. It's the Alyssa they know, but not the Coco they know. The fight was all consuming and distracted everyone.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#253RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 5:26pm

Manila Luzon was bragging on Facebook about the hardcover of Son of a Witch that he designed. I said I did not understand why they would take the show poster and the stage set and use it on a book that was completely unrelated to the show. (It looked like the damn show stage and didn't find it creative at all.) He got pissy.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

edgeofmysanity
#254RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 9:07pm

Okay, I may be screwing this up (I'm new here)...I'm trying to post to the Drag Race 5 thread in general.

I'm hoping to find someone on the East Coast to PM me a spoiler about who wins Season 5? I can't afford cable and won't be able to watch until whenever they post the episode on Logo's site...but I'm too anxious to wait to watch it!!! (-;

Thanks! :)

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#255RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 9:18pm

The winner is chosen live in two weeks. Nobody has a spoiler cause it hasn't happened yet.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#256RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 9:33pm

Yeah, a certain gossip blogger spoiled the damn results of season 3 when the queens were announced. Since then, Ru has found different ways to hide the results. 4 and 5 are live finales. I still don't know how he did it on All Stars.

edgeofmysanity
#257RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 9:42pm

Ahh...so even though the final challenge airs tonight, it is not a results show? I didn't know that! Thanks for the info :)

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#258RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/22/13 at 9:46pm

Final challenge, then a clipshow for some reason, THEN the finale.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JerseyGirl2
#259RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 2:22am

And the season four results sucked because they filmed it in advance. They made each of the finalists film herself winning and then they only aired the winner. They claimed it was live, but it wasn't. Sharon seemed to not give two sh!ts when she "won", but that's because Chad and Phi Phi had both filmed the same victory walk. I am not sure of they are changing it up this year, but they don't do live.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Roscoe
#260RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:19am

If the facebook response is any indication, RoXy Andrews hasn't got a hope in hell. And she doesn't deserve one, frankly. Poor dimbulb dear.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SonofRobbieJ
#261RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:24am

As soon as Ru asked America to weigh in, I was like, 'Poor, poor RoXy...now America is leaving you at the bus station, too.'

Updated On: 4/23/13 at 10:24 AM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#262RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:28am

^^ Now that's funny!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#263RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:29am

Ha! But seriously though- does anyone like RoXy? Anyone?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#264RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:31am

I was rooting for RoXy until she cried her way out of elimination weeks ago. Then she got meaner and meaner. She, Jinxx and Alaska were my favorite 3.

I do think it can be unfair with editing out a villain, but at first you gotta say that crap to give them the footage.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

JerseyGirl2
#265RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 10:33am

I was team Detox until Little Edie showed up. That shiz was flawless.

artscallion
#266RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 11:02am

I think Roxxy is a polished, if repetitive, pageant queen. And I was willing to forgive her earlier bitchiness when she apologized to Jinkx. And then she got really bitchy and ended up doing a lengthy apology on facebook. And then she got bitchy again, etc., etc. until I can't remember if she's on Roxpology #4 or #5. I think that after 2 apologies, they start to become less like actual apologies and more like a way of trying to slide out from under the bad behavior you have no intention of changing.

I would like to see Ru set a precedent and crown Jinkx & Alaska as co-superstars with RoXy presented with a sash that says, "BoXy Mandrews...odd man out"

Roscoe
#267RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:15pm

RoXy's outfits, hair and makeup are flawless, but the poor thing has no sense of comedy, no comic timing at all. At all. That roast episode was an embarassment.

Anyone know when the final episode is being taped? It'll be interesting to see if they address the ferocious backlash against RoXy online. I saw at least one facebook post that said RoXy should be sent back to the bus stop to wait for her mama.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SonofRobbieJ
#268RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:38pm

^ I take slight issue with that. The shading of her nose makes her look like Max the Dog from THE GRINCH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS.

artscallion
#269RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:41pm

For season 4 they pre-taped the three different possible outcomes back when the original episodes were filmed. Then Ru chose which one to air on the actual air date. This was in reaction to leaked results from the season before. I thought this was a terrible idea because the "winners" in each taping weren't actually winning at the time. So Sharon ended up looking like she was bored when, if it was a film of her actual winning, she may have looked excited.

I'm pretty sure they're handling it similarly this year since the whole cast will be at a viewing party in NYC on the night the finale is aired, viewing it along with everybody else. So it won't be a live finale.

Fan reaction may influence Ru's choice of which tape to air. But if they're already filmed, she may not be able to address the massive reaction RoXy's bullying has gotten online. It'll be interesting to see.

I think the most interesting part of all this is RoXy and Jinkx's reactions to the fan behavior. I don't think RoXy knows what to do about it. Her fan numbers are dropping like flies no matter what she says. Jinkx has tried to control her fans, gently scolding them for their bad behavior towards RoXy. But to no avail. I think it's interesting to see Jinkx realize that her fans lover her, but are not under her control.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#270RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 12:48pm

Sounds like Gaga's fans.

I hope we get a reunion show this year because there's some dirty laundry that's in serious need of some airing out.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#271RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 1:17pm

The elimnation lunch has been posted with Michelle Visage, Jinkx and RoXy. I can't get the link to work. Anyone else have it?

Updated On: 4/23/13 at 01:17 PM

artscallion
#272RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 1:33pm

This link works for me...

http://www.logotv.com/talk/?xrs=synd_facebook_rpdr

SonofRobbieJ
#273RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 2:04pm

Who is this Damon Cardasis person? Am I supposed to know him? Have I ever slept with him? He's familiar in a totally unfamiliar way.

JerseyGirl2
#274RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 4/23/13 at 2:50pm

I feel for Alaska. At least Candis Cayne wasn't nasty to her like she was to Sharon last year.

Finally finished the episode and while I think the tables were tipping toward RoXy on the show as far as judges' opinions were concerned, one glance at the RPDR Facebook page shows that Jinkx is the favorite and RoXy is HATED. lol

Updated On: 4/23/13 at 02:50 PM

Videos