pixeltracker

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!- Page 15

Official DREW SARICH Love Thread!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#351re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/24/06 at 1:52am

Yeah, I heard that just now from a friend of mine. Someone asked him what role we'd be seeing him on as tomorrow and he said Armand.

In other news, it seems Jim is taking the route we thought Hugh was an is calling out at some point tomorrow to let Chris Peluso go on as Louis. Jim = nicest guy ever. Hugh would be #2 if he let Drew go on as Lestat, plz. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread! Haha.

kaycee Profile Photo
kaycee
#352re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/24/06 at 4:11pm

I thought I heard that Jim wasn't feeling well and so wanted to rest up for the closing weekend. Not that he isn't the nicest guy ever, I'm just saying... :)

the summer rain just brings us pain, Louison...

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#353re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/24/06 at 4:31pm

Any news on whether Drew went on or not?

thespian geek
#354re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/24/06 at 6:34pm

I thought I heard that Jim wasn't feeling well and so wanted to rest up for the closing weekend.

Oh. I missed that memo.

And no, ET, I haven't heard anything. I doubt he did otherwise we probably would have seen something by now..?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#355re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/24/06 at 9:10pm

Chris Peluso!!! He's so cute.

So is Tommar Wilson. Did he ever get to go on as Nicolas or Louis?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

thespian geek
#357re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/25/06 at 1:15am

Steve Wilson. I saw him as Magnus when I saw the show, so that wasn't Joseph's first time calling out. I don't know how many times he's been out of the show, but yeah.

thespian geek
#361re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/27/06 at 2:27am

Shhh! No b-words. I'd rather this thread stay open. :p

I'm wondering if Drew will at least be going on again for the matinee tomorrow if Hugh is that sick? I can't imagine Hugh would miss more than one more show at the least, I'm sure, since they've only got 3 left (sob).

LizzieCurry
#363re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/27/06 at 2:44am

I'm wondering if Drew will at least be going on again for the matinee tomorrow if Hugh is that sick? I can't imagine Hugh would miss more than one more show at the least, I'm sure, since they've only got 3 left (sob).

That would be a scary repeat of the whole Martin Guerre LA thing.

EponineThenardier
#364re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/27/06 at 12:27pm

I was just thinking that. I think Hugh tries hell or high water to at least show up and start the show and see's how it goes (because he's a true professional and class act). I honestly can't imagine him backing out of a show unless he's deathly ill.

thespian geek
#365re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/27/06 at 4:36pm

Drew went on as Lestat for the matinee. Haven't heard anything about tonight's show.

Nsnick88
#366re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 1:19am

Drew was amazing. He really made Lestat come to life.

thespian geek
#367re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 4:46am

care to give us details? I'd been dying for Drew to go on, so when he finally got this chance, I was beyond thrilled for him. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

Nsnick88
#368re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:46am

I'd love to. I was beyond thrilled when I opened the program and found out he'd be going on. I told him that too at the stage door, except I think I was slightly incoherant,lol. But he was so nice! He told me he was "thrilled too." I felt like such a spaz. But anyway, here's my review...

It's always my luck that the regulars never go on when I see a show, but that all dissipated when I really thought about who would be playing the lead. (I wish I could have seen Hugh though. And Jim Stanek as well. But I guess I can't complain. I went after all, didn't I?) Sean MacLaughlin went on as Armand. I couldn't ask for more in an understudy for Drew. Though he lacked that lovely signature rocker belt. Oh well.
As for Drew as Lestat = so good. *Dies*

Now, I have to say this first. There's known to be a strange chemistry between Hugh and Drew on stage at a normal performance. When the two are performing simultaneously, it's not uncommon for the average audience member to have trouble focusing on just one of them. You want to watch Hugh's performance, but at the same time Drew steals the scene. I was a complete fool to think that because Drew would be playing Lestat I'd have no trouble not giving as much attention to Armand, as terrible as that sounds. Lord was I wrong. Sean embodied that lovely little bit of evil trash that is Armand down to his very walk. Completely convincing. Completely captivating. There was a moment (gasp) when I forgot Drew was on stage.

Well, back to Drew now. Since I've never seen the show with Hugh I can't directly compare except for the few video clips and audio tracks I've found. But Drew definitely brought a certain rawness and sensuality to the character that I'm guessing Hugh never did. He was so emotionally charged. You could see it in his movements, his expressions, and especially in his eyes. Most of all, Drew was damn funny! He got a few good laughs from the audience in all the right places. (*cough* his evil little smile after Claudia calls him an angel in front of Louis. So hot, lol.)
Act two, I have to say, was so much fun. I loved the humor, the freedom of the New World, the tragedy of the Old, and everything about the character development. Drew was exactly how I've always pictured Lestat in these scenes: bold, strong, sarcastic, and so easy to fall in love with. He was such a joy to watch.

I hope Hugh feels better before the last show today. I heard Drew telling some people at the stage door it was a crazy last-minute type thing that he had to go on as Lestat for the second act of the friday night show. Can you imagine having to play one character for one act and fifteen minutes later playing a completely different one? But miraculously Drew did not miss a beat. That particularly impressed me. That takes a great amount of discipline, control, and talent. I'm so sad to see this show close. I believe it had some unbelievable potential.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#369re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:55am

nsnick, it wasn't last minute on Friday. Hugh has been sick all week.

Nsnick88
#370re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:09am

yes, I know. I only heard part of the convo after all. So I may have heard things wrong. He's been feeling progressively ill all week apparently.

thespian geek
#372re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 5:52pm

My guess is that Drew figured he'd be going on as Lestat at some point this week/weekend, but wasn't sure when. Act 2 on Friday night probably came as a surprise when he at least got to the theatre. :p

And considering it's now nearly 6PM in NYC .... farewell, Lestat. You are missed terribly already. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

Chrysanthemum62001
#373re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 6:10pm

It's been a while since I've been on BWW, but I'm joining the band wagon.

I had been meaning to see Lestat for a while, but I've been so busy. Finally, last night, I made a point to see the show before it closed. I love Hugh Panaro, so I was excited to see him in a new very sexy role. When the announcement was made, I was quite dissapointed. But hundreds of girls screamed so I figured this is probably a good thing. Anyways, Drew is fabulous. I didn't stage door the show because I was afraid I wouldn't recognize him. I have very bad eyesight, and the rush seats are very high up. Wishing I would have met him now, but I'm sure he will return to Broadway very soon. He was fabulous, and I am forever a supporter of his work.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

thespian geek
#374re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/28/06 at 6:27pm

Nice to see you around again, Chrys. :)

He was fabulous, and I am forever a supporter of his work.

That? That's music to my ears. I'm really glad you enjoyed his performance.

LuvBroadwayHugs
#376re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/29/06 at 5:04pm

*waves* helloooo! I'm glad this thread exists. I felt the need to share in the Drew loving :)

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

EponineThenardier
#377re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:17pm

Ah, welcome! And I must ask about you're signature. Sounds as if there must be a good story behind that. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

LuvBroadwayHugs
#378re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:15pm

Yes! It was really funny, actually! Saturday night, when Drew went on as Lestat, during Embrace It, he made this really funny noise like a loud....growl/pur/ahh noise and I found myself cracking up. So later at the stage door, I was beside myself with excitement to talk to him when I hear him make the noise again. It must be something he just...does! So funny. What a great guy!

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

thespian geek
#379re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:17pm

I agree with your avatar. Everyone needs to embrace the Drew. re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!

LuvBroadwayHugs
#380re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:21pm

Totally. The Drew must be embraced! I think he has the personality and talent to really gain the fanbase he deserves. In other words, it's only a matter of time before the world falls in love with Drew Sarich! I was looking at the picture of he and I from the other night and cracked up...I have this look of complete enamoration on my face. Ah, look out world, here comes Drew! :)

"Mrrraaaawwww!" ♥

thespian geek
#381re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/30/06 at 2:55am

Oh, he's already got fans all over the world. His fanbase in Vienna is pretty damn big, as far as I'm aware.

LizzieCurry
#382re: Drew Sarich Love Thread!
Posted: 5/30/06 at 3:24am

Definitely. That's where I'd first heard of him -- I had some friends in Germany and Austria who always mentioned him. I didn't even realize he was American until I did a little research after Lestat. :)

Videos