pixeltracker

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)- Page 10

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#225re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 2:51pm

I honestly really like Chip on her Shoulder. And I still really dont understand how people can say .. this doesnt grab my attention, it wasn't what I expected etc, when you are seeing 10 seconds of every scene, and barely even a quarter of the stage at a time, honestly, you people are being way to judgemental, and arent being theatre snobs, but theatre d!cks.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#226re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 2:59pm

"Princesses" was horrible. I think the concept that you were talking about is executed to some extent in the show but not as Black and White as they tried it in "Princesses."

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#227re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 3:13pm

DefyingEDCT, we can judge what we've seen in the clips. The show has put them on the internet for people to watch, and if we want to judge them we will. It they don't excite us, hen they don't.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

danhattan
#228re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 7:07pm

You guys are leaving out the front runner for Best Costumes this year. The Pirate Queen is definitely the show to beat in this category. Queen Elizabeth's gowns alone deserve the award. I loved the costumes in Spring Awakening as well. Very appropriate but sexy. If Spring Awakening sweeps the awards it could easily stick this one in it's pocket as well. Legally Blonde will not get a nom in this category.

Techeverlasting- I think you're being very optimistic but I'd love to see these actors have a good solid two years of work. If it doesn't run long you can bet the tour will be non equity from the get go!

DefyingEDCT- Not to be "to judgemental" but there are two o's in the word too. No thanks for the theatre d!cks comment.

flutesinger2626 Profile Photo
flutesinger2626
#229re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 7:14pm

i saw the video and i think the performance are great but the music and lyrics wasn't what i was expecting it to be.

Q:What advice do you have for aspiring Broadway stars who are terminally shy? I love your work, because you seem so bold. How do you do it? A:"I think I take more chances on stage then I do in real life but you can't learn anything if you don't challenge yourself. And don't say "terminally". If you love to perform then you have no choice, just keep training and focus on the words or the music whenever you find yourself slipping back inside yourself. You're not doing anyone any favors if you withhold your talents from the world"- Idina Menzel

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#230re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 7:19pm

I don't understand why people think they have solid arguments when attacking someones typing.

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#231re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 8:06pm

Have you seen the Carnival Cruise ads where the mother says they went just to see a smile on their daughter's face? That's what this show will be: scores of tweens and teens going again and again and tourists (the show will be bright and sunny and have a big blonde American girl on the marquee) will keep this baby running for a while. So what if it doesn't run for a decade?

And why has this show elicited this many comments?

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#232re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/3/07 at 10:55pm

danhattan, It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Pirate Queen doesn't even get nominated for costumes. I certainly don't see it as the frontrunner to win that award. Did you see PQ in Chicago? Yes the costumes were elaborate, (ridiculously so) but they came across as campy and silly. I felt like I was watching some sort of bizarre historical drag show. This was a frequent complaint in the reader reviews on the Chicago Tribune's website. I'm hoping that the PQ rewrites will bring some clarity and meaning to its story. If this happens perhaps Elizabeth's fancy costumes will seem like an impressive achievement instead of a preposterous waste of resources.

Legally Blonde just feels like a big hit to me. The message that it's okay for girls to be both smart and pretty is welcome, especially considering the horrifying examples being set by media darlings like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

danhattan
#233re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:18am

I saw THE PIRATE QUEEN, WICKED, and ALTARBOYZ while visiting Chicago. I thought the costumes for THE PIRATE QUEEN were amazing. I never looked at the Chicago Tribune website though. I thought the overall look for this show was spectacular, which for me meant a sure nomination for costume design in New York. But maybe I'll be eating my words come Tony time. I personally liked England's costumes being over the top. And from what I've seen/heard on castcom the designs are historically accurate. I'm really interested to see what changes are made to the show. I wonder if their going to be making any changes to the costumes as well?

Here's to hoping your right about LEGALLY BLONDE being a huge hit. And for the RIGHT reasons...great cast, great score, great book, great message for Paris Hilton loving youth.

Side note: I don't think Paris Hilton and the recent Britney Spears are very pretty at all. It's just a popularity contest about who's wearing the right clothes and who has the most money to throw around. It's the parents job to supply better role models for these kids. Plus the ROLE MODEL'S OF THE YEAR seem to UGLY BETTY and Jennifer Hudson. Two beautifully full figured girls who show that there's much more to a person then conventional beauty.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#234re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:40am

sorry but i have a company video for pirate queen and the show is awfull(talk about needing a lot of work)

How many people on here have actually seen legally blonde the musical?

To start saying what it will and wont be nominated for of a few clips is stupid.I think the show has a pretty good chance with nominations(the clips dont show the best bits of this show at all).

The costumes are great,a lot of the music and book is fun,and the cast are spot on.

As for the person who said about the DRS set been ace,well sorry to burst your bubble but the LB set looks a lot like the DRS set in places.

Im guessing a lot of people on here were the ones who predicted Wicked would be a huge flop? and look what happened to that.

I for one think LB will run for at least at year,it will be intresting to hear your thoughts when you have seen the show.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Brooklyn Bound
shesamarshmallow
#236re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 12:14pm

Thanks for posting! That was pretty boring, but it was kind of worth it for this picture:

re: OMIGOD!  A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#237re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 12:16pm

I'm liking that pic re: OMIGOD!  A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)

DirtyRottenGirl Profile Photo
DirtyRottenGirl
#238re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 1:34pm

I really liked the clip but I just could not help but think another wedding singer. You judge if you think that is a bad or good thing.

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#239re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 2:11pm

I find it hilarious for all the negative comments about this show that is STILL IN PREVIEWS, that this thread is 10 pages long in a short amount of time. I think the marketing department is doing what they set out to do - created something that makes people talk about the show - negative or positive.

ANY PR IS GOOD PR!

Speaking as a 37 year old man, I find the clips enjoyable to watch without giving everything away. I have enjoyed Laura Bell Bundy ever since I saw her on the Phil Donahue Show sing "Born to Entertain" from Ruthless the musical way back when and thought she was an amazing performer at such a young age and still find her just as amazing.

I will definitely be supporting her, the rest of the cast, crew, and creators. If not on opening night in April, then soon there after. I'm going to NYC to celebrate Broadway and live theatre, not tear it down with un-constructive criticism (that I see a lot of on this board).

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#240re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 2:23pm

I am with you 100% on that subject, HOUFlip

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#241re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 2:34pm

Legally Blonde just feels like a big hit to me. The message that it's okay for girls to be both smart and pretty is welcome

As long as they're white.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#242re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 2:57pm

Why are people mentioning Paris and Britney Spears??? They're 'pretty' with tons of plastic surgery and SMART, don't think so. How are they even in the same sentence as the supposed 'message' in Lb?

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#243re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 3:16pm

ruprecht, here's what I said:

" The message that it's okay for girls to be both smart and pretty is welcome, especially considering the horrifying examples being set by media darlings like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears."

Just to clarify, I don't think Britney and Paris are smart. I will concede that they are white, but I have no idea what the hell that has to do with anything.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#244re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 3:23pm

I don't think the show sends out the "white" message at all. Elle accepts everyone, that's the point.

I also think this thread is beating a dead horse. People will judge based on the clips and people will yell at those people for judging...it's becoming a tireless circle and clearly, we all get which side of the argument everyone is on. Wait until everyone sees it for themselves and then, let the posts begin .

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

an87
#245re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 4:57pm

has anyone who has seen the show tried to meet the cast at the stage door yet? were there a lot of people there waiting, and did it take a while for everyone to come out? i'd love to meet LBB and Michelle Kittrell when I go next week...

shesamarshmallow
#246re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 6:10pm

There were tons of people waiting at the first preview - I imagine it's slowed down since then. Christian Borle was the first out. :)

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#247re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/4/07 at 6:30pm

The stage door is around the corner. Everyone comes out, Christian Borle comes out super fast and LBB comes out way aafter everyone else, from what I saw. A lot of the cast had to sign and run because they have shuttles back to their hotel.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#248re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 8:54am

Nah, they probably ran to get out of that neighborhood. It's not the best.

Foster, no just don't go there. I'm black and I didn't see that at all.

RentBoy86
#249re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 2/5/07 at 12:01pm

Actually I like that idea. Why not do some crazy color blind casting for the lead role?

Videos