News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 18

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Lina Lamont
#425HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:01pm

Not at all- in fact, I would have been very surprised if she was staying with the show for more than 3 to 6 months.  I know there's a lot of activity today because of the suddenness of the news about Daveed's departure.  I didn't mean to add to any fear mongering- just figured that was the correct thread to include the information in.  

neonlightsxo
#426HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:03pm

"Reading between the lines, I do think the production tried to negotiate for longer stays and did not do a superb job of preparing for all of the things encountered in tandem with getting Chicago put together"

Yup, I'm with you.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#427HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 1:09pm

Ticket prices on the secondary market have plummeted significantly over the last few days. Dang, I wish I had waited to buy my tickets until after all these announcements came out... 

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#428HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 2:20pm

Confirmed:

Miguel Cervantes is currently on stage playing AHam.

https://instagram.com/p/BHzy2m_gavL/

neonlightsxo
#429HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:21pm

Yes. Like I posted earlier, from the press release,

In preparation for his Chicago debut as Alexander Hamilton, Mr. Cervantes will play the role on Broadway on July 13 matinee, July 18 and July 25.

Updated On: 7/13/16 at 04:21 PM

#430HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:24pm

Javier posted on twitter earlier that Miguel will be his alternate until August, then Michael Luwoye will take over.

https://twitter.com/JMunozActor/status/753271443996209152

neonlightsxo
#431HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:36pm

Sydney's playbill vault page says "Aaron Burr" as of the 11th, by the way.

http://www.playbill.com/person/sydney-james-harcourt-vault-0000117613

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#432HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:38pm

neonlightsxo said: "Sydney's playbill vault page says "Aaron Burr" as of the 11th, by the way.

"

Thanks! So some people out there will have a rare printing of a playbill with Sydney in there as Burr. Bring on the other rare printings!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#434HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:46pm

LizzieCurry said: "neonlightsxo said: "Sydney's playbill vault page says "Aaron Burr" as of the 11th, by the way.

"

Thanks! So some people out there will have a rare printing of a playbill with Sydney in there as Burr. Bring on the other rare printings!
"

Playbill Vault is not official. The Playbill with inserts is official. I seriously doubt the actual Playbill was printed that way though presumably someone can confirm 

neonlightsxo
#435HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:48pm

Hogan, but the understudy board in this picture doesn't have anyone listed for Burr. Doesn't that mean Sydney is in the playbill?

https://instagram.com/p/BHzy2m_gavL/

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#436HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 4:48pm

From what I was told from someone who was in a show at the time, PBV bases its data on the requests they get from the production as to what to print. Granted, this was 2012, so I don't know if this has changed. But I don't believe that currently, if you join a cast only on an insert, you are on PBV since you're not printed in an actual Playbill.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#437HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/16 at 5:01pm

@Neon, he is an alternate, not an understudy. I think if you look (someone else posted the full board yesterday) you will find his name up top. And as I understand it Hamilton generally uses a full insert sheet so Sydney would be on that but not in the booklet as performing the role. 

@LizzieCurry, that's correct except in moments of flux. When there are last minute changes, someone has to crank out the correct inserts and fix the board before half hour. PBV may not be that quick since it basically requires some web person to do the data entry, and it is not authoritative in any case. IBDB is official and authoritative but (as we have seen in this case) is only as good as the last info the League got. There are only 3 places the info HAS to be correctly reported-in the theatre, under the 2 out of 3 rule; to the League and to Equity. Everything else is just people doing the best the can.

BroadwayConcierge
#438HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:51pm

Haven't really seen any detailed reviews of Lexi Lawson as Eliza yet! So curious to hear... Bumping if anybody has seen her this week HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#439HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/14/16 at 4:54pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Haven't really seen any detailed reviews of Lexi Lawson as Eliza yet! So curious to hear... Bumping if anybody has seen her this week HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements"

Apparently, Lexi was out for yesterday matinee (it wasn't on understudy call board, but announced before the show started). Don't know if she was back for the evening... So that might be a reason for a lack of reviews.

Updated On: 7/14/16 at 04:54 PM

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#440HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 10:25pm

What happened to Lexi? Carleigh went on as Eliza tonight.

BroadwayConcierge
#441HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 10:27pm

I also know that Alysha went on for Eliza last night as well. I hope everything is okay with Lexi...

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#442HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 10:29pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I also know that Alysha went on for Eliza last night as well. I hope everything is okay with Lexi...

"

That's right, hope she's fine 

sydney16
#443HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 10:41pm

I know that Lin talks about returning to the role of Hamilton, but, just out of curiosity, what do you think are the chances that Phillipa, Leslie, or Daveed would ever return to their roles (on Broadway, in the national tour, etc.)?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#444HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 11:00pm

maybe she got sick after all the excitement of making her Broadway debut? That's happened to me where I was very excited and got sick because of it.

I could see some of the original members returning to the cast a la some of Rent's cast.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

getatme
#445HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/15/16 at 11:00pm

HAMILTON Principal Cast ReplacementsAccording to the playbill my friend received at the Wednesday matinee, Sydney is listed in the playbill as Burr (sorry the picture is sideways, not sure what went wrong when I uploaded it). I presume Austin will be listed as Burr during his weeks as well.

I've also come to understand that Playbill Vault is more official than IBDB simply because Playbill Vault is organized by the people in charge of gathering information/putting the playbills together. For example, Playbill Vault had understudy/full cast information for the Cats revival before IBDB did. But that might just be my experience with both sites.

casedilla2
#446HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 12:13am

I saw the show on Wednesday night. As posted above, Sydney is listed in the playbill as Burr. Lexi was out and Alysha was on for Eliza.

SammieRae
#447HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 12:16am

Is Austin Smith on as Burr next week?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#448HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 12:43am

@sydney16, I would look for many of them to re-unite in London (a la Rent), but I seriously doubt anyone on tour or returning to Broadway anytime in the foreseeable future.

@getatme, IBDB is official because it is what has been registered with the League; Playbill Vault is not official at all. The actual playbill with inserts is  dispositive. Websites are always at the mercy of the person who does the data entry. If they are sick it will be wrong until they are well. As has been rehearsed a dozen times in the lat few days, all three guys are officially alternates until further notice. The plan is for 2 of them to alternate weeks. Things are a mess. 

UPDATE: IBDB has been changed again. Harcourt is not listed as Burr, with the other 2 as understudies. I suspect Equity told them what I said a while back, that you cannot have alternates and/or understudies to a vacancy. 

Updated On: 7/16/16 at 12:43 AM

sparepart973
#449HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/16/16 at 3:40am

sydney16 said: "I know that Lin talks about returning to the role of Hamilton, but, just out of curiosity, what do you think are the chances that Phillipa, Leslie, or Daveed would ever return to their roles (on Broadway, in the national tour, etc.)?

"

Now that Karen is Angelica, I am sure we will have a Lin/Karen reunion sometime in Chicago. I'm sure they'd both love to do it and will know how every In the Heights fan would just die if this happens. I'm crossing my fingers they'll do it during the holidays. 

Videos