News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.- Page 19

Bombay Dreams in SEATTLE, WA. Last Chance to See the Show.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#450C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 3/31/06 at 1:12am

Although i usually disagree with Ben Brantley, i agree with him when he said this show is "A Feel Good Fantasy"

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 3/31/06 at 01:12 AM

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#451C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 3/31/06 at 8:36am

the set is sooooo toned down from the broadway production

completely diffrent

lol it was such a spectacle on broadway haha

is this a equity or non eq tour?

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

muscle23ftl
#452C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:22pm

It's equity. The pics actually look a lot like the Broadway production, but i will talk when i see the show in 20 days.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#453C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/1/06 at 1:26pm

Question for anyone who has seen the national tour: does Priya sing "Love's never easy" along with Sweetie? she did on Broadway but not in London. Just wondering.

muscle23ftl
#454C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/1/06 at 7:46pm

Steve where are you?

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#455C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/1/06 at 10:17pm

Hi Muscle,
No, "Love's never easy" is sung by Sweetie, Hijra and Ensemble.
The only song Sweetie and Priya sing together is "Hero".

I am concerned that actually seeing the tour of Bombay Dreams is going to be anti-climactic for you, but I hope that doesn't happen.
Updated On: 4/1/06 at 10:17 PM

RentBoy86
#456C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/1/06 at 10:29pm

yeah I think so too. Don't expect miracle. But "Hero" was a good song.

muscle23ftl
#457C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 3:08am

what do u mean by "anti-climatic"?

muscle23ftl
#458C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/2/06 at 7:08am

A taste of Bollywood comes to the Fox
By Judith Newmark

Parkway Central High School graduate Sachin Bhatt (center) is the star of “Bombay Dreams.”
(Joan Marcus )

You don't have to be Indian to enjoy "Bombay Dreams," a musical that opens Tuesday at the Fox Theatre.

Not even the members of St. Louis' Indian community think that you do.

"I really don't think you have to be an Indian to like this show," said restaurateur Harinder Singh, who happily displays posters for "Bombay Dreams" at all of his establishments - Curry in a Hurry and India's Rasoi.

G.V. Naidu, chairman of the Hindu Temple of St. Louis, said he bought opening-night tickets the first day they were available. "But I am sure that many people who are not Indian will enjoy 'Bombay Dreams' as well."

muscle23ftl
#459Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/3/06 at 3:57pm

anyone seeing the show in St. Louis?

Updated On: 4/8/06 at 03:57 PM

muscle23ftl
#460C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/5/06 at 12:56pm

???

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#461C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/5/06 at 2:07pm

the fox theater is stunning and the sound is flawless. they should enjoy the St.L. run.

Mind is Mantra.

muscle23ftl
#462C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/6/06 at 3:49am

Garlandgrrl, i love that Liza quote, i felt that way towards Liza while growing up, she is just a gay magnet, there is something about her. I am still mad at the fact she never told Larry King that she never did Cabaret on Broadway during that interview.

muscle23ftl
#463C/P means Copy and Pasted...
Posted: 4/6/06 at 3:45pm

thanks again Anabelle for these amazing pics!
check them out
http://www.rehmedia.net/index.php?category=49

muscle23ftl
#464Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/7/06 at 5:17pm

does anyone live in St. Louis on here?

Updated On: 4/7/06 at 05:17 PM

muscle23ftl
#465Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/8/06 at 5:56am

I guess no one from St. Louis here? Anyone else going to see the show in Clearwater FL? i have an extra ticket.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#466Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/8/06 at 10:04am

muscle darling, you do realize you're having a 19 page conversation with yourself, right?

I mean, let's look at this page alone:

muscle
someone else
muscle
muscle
muscle
someone else
someone else
muscle
muscle
muscle
muscle
someone else
muscle
muscle
muscle
muscle

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 4/8/06 at 10:04 AM

muscle23ftl
#467Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/8/06 at 2:21pm

yes, i admit it...LOL

muscle23ftl
#468Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/9/06 at 2:39pm

I can't wait!!!

muscle23ftl
#469Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/10/06 at 1:53am

oh, i sold the extra ticket i had, no one on here responded...i guess this is a show overlooked by the theatre community, but regular people actually wanna see it!

muscle23ftl
#470Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/13/06 at 4:14am

1 more week!!!

muscle23ftl
#471Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/16/06 at 3:34am

I am finally seeing the show on Wednesday, I am blessed I have great friends that are as excited as I am to see this show. I found an amazing video clip promoting the show in Pittsburgh.
http://www.pittsburghclo.org/shows/Bombay_video.cfm

muscle23ftl
#472Bombay Dreams Tour.
Posted: 4/17/06 at 2:13pm

2 more days!

muscle23ftl
#473Today!!!
Posted: 4/19/06 at 3:10am

im seeing the show today!

Updated On: 4/19/06 at 03:10 AM

muscle23ftl
#474Today!!!
Posted: 4/20/06 at 5:05am

Alright, i was thinking i was going to be terribly dissappointed with the production of this tour. I feared for the reaction of my 14 friends travelling with me from Fort Lauderdale(5 hour drive) to see this.
The reviews of the touring show by the BWW users were mixed, so i was afraid. The show was splendid. It was not low budget at all. It was as amazing as the Broadway version or even better i'd say, with some songs added from the London production. TLKfan wasn't too happy with the girl that played Priya, and i thought she was amazing, very different from Tamyra Gray, but great! she wasn't the best dancer, but she just dances to one number in the entire show, so it wasn't a big deal.
After all the negativity on this board, i was starting to think i'd see this show and realize it wasn't so good. But guess what?!!! it was!!!
The Ruth Eckerd Hall was a 92% full, the entire audience gave the show a standing ovation. The energy was contagious. The dance numbers were as amazing as always, the costumes, the sets were ravishing(some better than the Broadway production, some others not as good) but overall an excellent show. My 14 friends loved the show, 2 claimed they "liked it" but they didn't love it, one of them hates musical theatre anyways...the rest of them loved it, including myself.

Updated On: 4/21/06 at 05:05 AM

Videos