pixeltracker

Souvenir cups from the bars...?- Page 2

Souvenir cups from the bars...?

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#25Souvenir cups from the bars...?
Posted: 8/19/14 at 1:37pm

Some do. Mainly, the theaters where the bar is not in the theater itself (the Golden, for example). You just have to ask.

If you reuse your Jujamcyn cup at any Jujamcyn theater, you'll save $5 on your drink. I'm pretty sure the bartenders are told to explain that, so they can't refuse to refill it when you bring it back.

Also, DON'T put those cups or their lids in the dishwasher. They will warp.

It seems like a cheap money grab (and the cheap plastic cups probably are overpriced), but they are meant to reduce messy spills in the theater, and it does help a lot.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Monty12112
#26Souvenir cups from the bars...?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 4:54pm

I love collecting the souvenir cups from the bars.  My collection is only at 10 (only started seeing shows a couple years ago).  I thought this would be a good thread to give people the heads up on which shows carry a souvenir cup at the bars if you were wondering ahead of time.

My collection: Lion King, Newsies, Aladdin, Kinky Boots, Wicked, Big Fish, Spiderman, Cabaret (large and small), If/Then, Gigi

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#27Souvenir cups from the bars...?
Posted: 4/28/15 at 7:02pm

Your best bet is either eBay (where I've located a couple over the years for a decent price) and the Broadway Cares Flea Market.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Videos