News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Best score of the season- Page 2

Best score of the season

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#26Best score of the season
Posted: 6/2/11 at 12:22am

VERGE all the way!

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#27Best score of the season
Posted: 6/2/11 at 1:25pm

I have only listened to BoM and Verge, but I would rank BoM above Verge. So, the following post is only comparing BoM and Verge. Not any other show.

The Verge score is very nice. The lyrics, however, did not tell me much about the characters. Nevertheless, my favorite songs from this season are from Verge ("Invisible" and "Model Behavior"). The thing is, when I first listened to Verge, I LOVED all of it. But, repeatedly listening to the cast recording left me only liking "Invisible", "Model Behavior", "Lovesick", and "Time Stood Still". The lyrics for this show are very skillfully rhymed, but I feel like the music is missing something.

On the other hand, while I also enjoyed my first listen to BoM, I didn't like all of the songs immediately. Basically, I only really enjoyed "I Believe", "Hello", "Two by Two", "You and Me (But Mostly Me)", and I thought the rest were tuneful but not all that special. I thought the lyrics are hilarious and well-integrated into the story. The songs also show a degree character development that isn't present in Verge. But what I liked most about this score is that I've come to appreciate the other songs from BoM more. I love every song now. That's what makes the score great for me: the fact that I gain more appreciation for the music with repeat listens. On a side note: I only wish that "Tomorrow is a Latter Day" was split into to two or three songs. I wanted to listen to that track without the reprise of "Hello".

And I know BoM not the most sophisticated thing to ever hit the Broadway stage, but I still feel like this score is truly wonderful.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.
Updated On: 6/2/11 at 01:25 PM

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
#28Best score of the season
Posted: 7/9/11 at 12:52am

I've only heard The Book Of Mormon and Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown but I love Women On the Verge's score. It's my second favourite score after Sunday In The Park With George.

#29Best score of the season
Posted: 7/9/11 at 1:01am

Tales of the City

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#30Best score of the season
Posted: 7/9/11 at 9:43am

In order:

1. Catch Me If You Can
2. Book of Mormon
3. Sister Act
4. Scottsboro Boys