News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ReggieonBway

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
Member Name: ReggieonBway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney's FROZEN  Jan 2 2014, 08:37:11 PM
It is perfect.
Should  Aug 25 2013, 04:52:48 PM
Yeah, Glitter and Be Gay is a hell of a difficult song to sing. Her rendition is pretty definitive, but I couldn't see someone singing that and then doing an hour long set. Particularly mixing genres as she does.

That said - I think we need to define what "obscure" means in this context. I don't think it's obscure the way Bat Boy is obscure, but it is one of those pieces that save for the concert that Cheno did has been largely forgotten.

Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Aug 10 2013, 04:08:48 PM
"Quasimodo: Santino Fontana (with very good disfiguring makeup)."

Um... Santino Fontana is a baritone. He may be able to sing Out There (may being the key word, as that piece does have a solid A)but Made of Stone? There's a Bb and an option to mix a high C. No, Quasi needs to be a tenor, preferably an up-and-comer. An Adam Kaplan or a Mike Faist.

If/Then News  Jul 28 2013, 03:24:17 PM
Oh god, I would be thrilled. That girl's star vehicle is long overdue.

Kyle Dean Massey was part of the reading too, was he not?

Whats the diff between Itunes Mp3 and HD?  Jul 13 2013, 06:13:49 PM
If you're listening on speakers, then yeah it probably is flat. Most things will be flat, honestly - I don't know any non-entertainment computers whose speakers can capture contemporary cast recordings . There's a lot going on and it all gets slushed together.

I have a Sennheiser 280 hd pro headset and the orchestra sounds magnificent, as do the performances. It's a wonderful cast recording.

Montego Glover as Leading Player?  Jul 3 2013, 09:51:49 PM
Bit of an unknown, but I think Adam Kaplan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxvLKIzUNg)would make a fabulous Pippin.
South Pacific 2008 revival  Jul 3 2013, 09:47:19 PM
It was an excellent production. Saw it live with the original cast and fell in love with it.
First Look at BIG FISH - Time Stops  Jul 3 2013, 09:27:23 PM
Edit: Accidental double post.
First Look at BIG FISH - Time Stops  Jul 3 2013, 09:27:16 PM
"What else has been announced for the upcoming season that looks more promising? So far, I think Matilda, Kinky Boots and Hands on a Hardbody were much less pathetic than Big Fish."

Allegiance, Diner, If/Then, First Date, Tuck Everlasting, The Bridges of Madison County...? New musicals, and all of them at least look interesting, where this year was so bad that A Christmas Story got nominated. (not that I don't adore Pasek & Paul, but let's be real)

Disney's FROZEN  Jul 2 2013, 04:19:33 PM
This looks excellent.
Possibly Controversial Idea: Lady Gaga as Fanny Brice?  Jul 1 2013, 05:19:17 AM
Tisch accepts 60 students into their musical theatre program a year, which is about forty more than every other quality theater program in the country. Tisch stopped being a great program about thirteen years ago. It's been skating by on its reputation since then.

Gaga is talented, but she does not have the vocal prowess for this role. Get an unknown - a Kennedy Caughell type.

Biggest Difference: Quality of Song vs quality of broadway cast recording  Jun 29 2013, 02:44:20 AM
"Kids today don't have the same experience with Hair. Yes, astounding revivals of the piece can be mounted, but it has to be understood in context and therefore can't be fully experienced. It's more than just tie dye and swaying to rock music. They don't understand the Vietnam War because there's not a draft system in place. They don't have the same context (shock value) over a song like Black Boys. Do they have any reference point for the Margaret Mead material?"

You're wrong. The ENT

Biggest Difference: Quality of Song vs quality of broadway cast recording  Jun 28 2013, 04:17:08 PM
How exactly has the present not been kind to Hair? I don't know a single person under the age of thirty who doesn't absolutely love it. The recent revival alone had a massive impact.
Biggest Difference: Quality of Song vs quality of broadway cast recording  Jun 28 2013, 02:49:11 PM
It's always interesting hearing people equate great singers with bad acting. Honestly? I'd take an Aaron Tveit or a Laura Osnes over a Sidney Chaplin or a Judy Holliday any day. They're actually excellent actors, they just don't let it destroy the purity of the song. That takes skill. The story always takes precedence, but selling a song without caring how your voice sounds - that's lazy, and all it shows is an inability to multitask.
Zach Braff to Make Broadway Debut in BULLETS OVER BROADWAY April 2014; Ashmanskas, Wolfe, Wolpe, Yorke, Pastore & More Join Cast  Jun 27 2013, 11:36:50 PM
Anything for more Betsy Wolfe in my life.
Lea being considered for Streisand's biopic!!  Jun 26 2013, 10:44:05 PM
No, she is talented. Her ego has just gotten so out of control - particularly in regards to her connections with Babs - that I really don't think this biopic is the best thing for her.
Actors That Picked Winning Shows  Jun 26 2013, 08:39:59 PM
"actors" "picked"

what

Last Five Years Film Adaption  Jun 26 2013, 01:47:58 PM
This just sounds like a theater fans' wet dream.
Montego Glover as Leading Player?  Jun 26 2013, 01:01:02 PM
Uzo Aduba did a reading, I believe. She's a wonderful actress, I'd love to see her take on the role.
O'Hara & Pasquale lead 'The Bridges of Madison County' on Broadway  Jun 26 2013, 12:55:54 PM
Maybe y'all should let her handle her business, given that you have no idea what kind of mother she is. I'm excited to see her return to Broadway, and further excited that there are so many wonderful musicals coming to Broadway this season.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You