pixeltracker

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door- Page 2

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door

Emmaloucbway
#25How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 10/23/11 at 8:58pm

Don't mean to double-post, but did Daniel come out last night even after the ushers said he wouldn't? lol just wondering...

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#26How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 10/23/11 at 9:30pm

"Sometimes when I went John Larroquette and Christopher Hanke came out.. so they aren't with the BCEFA?"

I would imagine it's because the BCEFA knows they can get a LOT of money for stuff signed by Daniel. So he doesn't come out and sign, that's fewer signed items out there.

Emmaloucbway
#27How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 10/23/11 at 9:37pm

lol I get it now... thanks!! :)

musicman_bwayfan
#28How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 10/23/11 at 10:46pm

Emmaloucbway, Daniel just about always signs 1 item per person if they are within reach at the stage door but only after the final show on two show days. If he has a function to go to, he may run off. If it is raining lightly, he may stay if the umbrella does the job. If it's pouring, he'll run straight to the car. He won't not sign. Christopher Hanke rarely leaves the stage door anymore. Only guys who seem to leave there are John, Daniel, Kevin Covert, Rob Barlett, sometimes Michael Park, and 1-2 ensemble members.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#29How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 10/24/11 at 8:57am

When I saw EQUUS early in it's run, I was able to exit quickly without leaving during curtain call and got a second row spot because I knew where to go and how to get there while, apparently, the screaming banshees did not. I got his signature and a BIG smile despite being flattened against the barricade.

When I saw SUCCEED... Tony week this year, I did not even bother. It was a madhouse. Rude, squealing, literally pushy "fangurls" AND their obnoxious mothers doing nothing but making fools of themselves and ruining other peoples' evenings.

And I observed that and felt that just by walking out of the theatre and down the block minding my own... BUSINESS.

I am a HUGE Radcliffe fan, but those people embarrassed and disgusted me.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS
Updated On: 12/2/11 at 08:57 AM

jm4ad70
#30How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/11 at 8:07am

Does anyone know if Daniel still signs at the stage door now that the weather's getting cooler? I'm going to New York on Sunday and hope to try and meet him, just wondering what my chances will be. Thanks!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#31How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/11 at 9:28am

I would imagine that he still makes every effort to sign unless the weather is horrible.

And EponineAmneris, I had a similar experience with Equus...it was crowded but it wasn't torturous and it was worth it because Daniel was an absolute sweetheart. I'm a huge fan too, but I won't even bother with How to Succeed because it just seems completely insane.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#32How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 11/10/11 at 1:33pm

The night time is not as bad as the matinee. I've done both and being squished and tossed around was a lot better than hearing all the bitching from the teenage girls finding out that Dan is resting. "Where is Daniel?! I want to meet Harry Potter!!!" 3 times the security guard told them he's not comming out (I sound like Patti LuPone). My friend and I assumed he wasn't going to come out, but we stayed because we wanted to meet Ellen Harvey. I'll take the night anytime over the day.

theminutepast
#33How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 12/2/11 at 9:03am

Has anyone ever stage doored before the show? I'm wondering if that would be easier. I saw the show a few days ago but had no inclination to fight for a spot by the barricades.

Emmaloucbway
#34How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying Stage Door
Posted: 12/2/11 at 4:54pm

I heard Daniel does not sign before the show. Also stage-dooring before a show is really tacky.

If anyone cares, I saw the show the night before the thanksgiving day parade. It was absolutely nuts. got christopher hanke and rob bartlett's autographs. Daniel and John did not sign because they had to get to the parade.

Videos