pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4

littlebutterfly10
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 12:37am

^ I certainly understand that a show's success comes down to selling seats, and am interested in understanding the data reported with the grosses each week a little better. I interpreted the show's numbers this week to mean that even though their gross went down, they are not nearly close to their potential gross, and the average ticket price is pretty low, those numbers were partially watered down due to comped tickets, because they sold at 90% seating capacity. If that is incorrect, would you mind explaining to me where I went wrong?

massofmen
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 1:04am

follies costs more than 600k to run.

and there are going to be a few open theaters in about 3 weeks.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 2:47am

I mean the figure quoted was 600k. Even if it's a tiny bit higher only the last two weeks were they probably really losing money, right? I think now is the point where they risk losing a lot of money if things don't improve...(on top of the capitalization of course)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 12/6/11 at 02:47 AM

AnythingGoes2
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 3:04am

Follies costs $625000 to run weekly. Their marketing is those who want to see it will pay the full whack, as seen by its avg ticket being 110. Its still making a tiny profit that way.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 9:24am

littlebutterfly10, all of the opening night comps for BONNIE AND CLYDE are also factored into the 90% attendance figure, so that number is artificially inflated.

massofmen
#30Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 10:16am

that also the GROSS GROSS before fees.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 10:55am

And Bonnie and Clyde is heavily comping seats anyway, not just for opening night.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

krispy kreme
#32Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/4
Posted: 12/6/11 at 11:18am

Other than BOM, does it seem like this holiday season's box office is down over last year? I don't remember it seeming this slow. Any insight?

Videos