pixeltracker

Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews- Page 2

Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#25Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/1/12 at 11:39pm

Felm-heart, there was no performance scheduled for today. It's odd that they didn't mention that on their website.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/2/12 at 1:34am

I was one of those confused theater-goers tonight. Sadly had to settle for Don't Dress for Dinner, instead... wish that the published schedule had been more... accurate.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

After Eight
#27Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/2/12 at 7:10am

"I was one of those confused theater-goers tonight."

Tonight?

"Sadly had to settle for Don't Dress for Dinner, instead..."

That is indeed sad. Dinner is definitely not for you. (You'll LOVE Starcatcher).
If only you had read and heeded my warning befire you went to Dinner: "pedants, snots and party poops would do best to avoid it."

Oh, well, hope you get into Starcatcher soon.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/2/12 at 12:14pm

I must say, I am surprised you approved of a show about two men involved in adultery and basically got away with it. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as the ending is happy and the tone isn't cynical!

I also love that joke! Your warning in re: Dinner. I have never seen such winking irony. Good job!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#29Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/14/12 at 1:26am

I just saw this tonight, and it was one of the most truly theatrical pieces I've seen in years. Just remarkable. How wonderful to know we can still explore some good old fashioned theatrical magic without automating all the special effects.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#30Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/14/12 at 1:59am

I was there tonight, too, and the performance was just wonderful. Moving, funny, witty, charming... everything you could ask for in theatre. Just so very creative. Everyone should really check it out. The audience jumped to their feet the second the curtain call began.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#31Peter and the Starcatcher - Previews
Posted: 4/14/12 at 6:41pm

I caught it last nice.

While I can admit its clever and cute.... I started thinking why am I watching this
and started thinking about all the chores I had to do.

Yes it was well staged and cute.. but what was the point? I found myself wondering where Sandy Duncan was tonight.

Perhaps I read too much hype about it on here cause it was a letdown... for me.

Videos