pixeltracker

Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.- Page 2

Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.

lizabombs
#25Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
Posted: 4/5/12 at 10:42am

@qolbinau

her "I read" is spectacular, no doubt. But the way she milks "Bet your ass" in "Could I Leave You?" is just indicative of what I don't like about her. You can always see her performing as opposed to disappearing into a role. Meh.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#26Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
Posted: 4/5/12 at 10:48am

^to me that moment was just as much Phyllis "performing" for Ben as it was a star's wink at an audience; in fact, more the former than the latter.

But, hey, acting isn't an exact science.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#27Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
Posted: 4/5/12 at 10:50am

See, liza, whenever I see Donna Murphy perform I forget it's her in the role. She is the character in the moment. She's excellent at just being the role-I never can tell she's acting, which is what I look for in an actor. (As for 'milking' that particular line, I daresay many others who've done the role milk it, too. It's a comedic moment in the song. I love her take on that song, it's probably my favorite interpretation.)

TheatreFan27 Profile Photo
TheatreFan27
#28Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
Posted: 4/5/12 at 1:58pm

YES! Such brilliant casting choices for both parts! If I'm not able to see this production, I hope to God that PBS can record it. I'm interested to see who they get for Little Red, Jack's Mother and Mysterious Man. I think Sarah Bolt from SISTER ACT would be incredible as Little Red and Chip Zien as Mysterious Man would be perfection!

kingslim
#29Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
Posted: 4/5/12 at 4:27pm

Ms. Murphy is a good choice but Meryl Streep would have
been perfect. I'll take Ms. Williams again. Just my thought

Videos