Go see Hand to God

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#25Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/23/15 at 10:43pm

I'm just adding my praise here. Wow. Wow. WOW. WHAT JUST HAPPENED ON STAGE?!

I've been keeping an eye on this since off-broadway, but finally took the plunge and went TKTS-ing tonight and I'm so glad I did. It is indeed one of the most powerful shows I've seen this season and I love how it's also very different from everything else out there. Dark comedy, sure, but it was also much more than that.

@dramamama I would love to read the script as well.

I'm loving this season so far! Seems like there's a show that fills all different kinds of niches and wish all of them could win the Tony's this year!

AnarchyinthePreK Profile Photo
AnarchyinthePreK
#26Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 12:00am

First row center is available for the date I am looking at. Is there any reason that would not be recommended for this particualr show/theater? 

by the way Dramatists has the script listed as "coming soon" with no release date...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 12:02am

I actually went into the Drama Bookstore after I posted that.  Verdict?  Not out yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ARTc3
#28Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 7:41am

I did not sit first row center, but I did notice that the stage is pretty high. You probably will see everything you need to see, but I'm not sure if your head will be above deck level, cutting of their legs. I don't know if this will be a problem, or not for you, I can tell you its a play, nobody dances. The power is in the words and facial expressions. You should hear everything fine. I believe you should see everyone's face.

ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 8:36am

It's REALLY high.  I would thin it's quite uncomfortable. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayBen
#30Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 11:06am

Saw this last week.  LOVED it.  SO funny...

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#31Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 2:25pm

I know it doesn't translate directly to this show's staging, but for what it's worth, I sat in the front row center for the Elephant Man and it was fine.

ARTc3
#32Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 7:25pm

Not just staging, but stage deck too. Often a show builds its own stage floor as a part of the set design. In the case of Hand to God, there is a deck that is built over the stage floor to accommodate the technology used to move the scenery.

Honestly, the stage is high. You should see everything you need to see to enjoy the production, but you're going to be looking up and if having the lower parts of actor cut off bothers you, don't sit in the front row.

ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.

AnarchyinthePreK Profile Photo
AnarchyinthePreK
#33Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 8:18pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. Going to go with 6th row instead. 

MorningGlow2 Profile Photo
MorningGlow2
#34Go see Hand to God
Posted: 4/24/15 at 8:38pm

That should be perfect view

Videos