pixeltracker

Waitress Officially Recoups- Page 2

Waitress Officially Recoups

JennH
#25Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:38am

Question-How does Waitress recoup before Hamilton when Hamilton has been running somewhat significantly longer? (Unless it did and I just missed it)

I'm not saying length of run indicates when recouping will happen, but neither Hamilton nor Waitess were super expensive (I think?) and we alaaallllll know that Hamilton prices were through the roof and still are to great degree of merely being the hot ticket, allowing for a potentially faster recouping time. So, how did Waitress recoup first? I also must say, recouping is impressive on its own, but recouping less than a year after opening? That's damn impressive. Matilda took about two years and Wicked took and year and a half.

I dont even know if any of the most recent Mouse House shows recouped. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#26Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:42am

JennH said: "Question-How does Waitress recoup before Hamilton when Hamilton has been running somewhat significantly longer? (Unless it did and I just missed it)

I'm not saying length of run indicates when recouping will happen, but neither Hamilton nor Waitess were super expensive (I think?) and we alaaallllll know that Hamilton prices were through the roof and still are to great degree of merely being the hot ticket, allowing for a potentially faster recouping time. So, how did Waitress recoup first? I also must say, recouping is impressive on its own, but recouping less than a year after opening? That's damn impressive. Matilda took about two years and Wicked took and year and a half.

"

Hamilton has recouped, they just didn't it necessary to announce it.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#27Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:54am

Does anyone know who replaced Ryan Vasquez in the ensemble and u/s Earl & Doc? He left to do the Ham tour. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#28Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 12:04pm

steven22 said: "Does anyone know who replaced Ryan Vasquez in the ensemble and u/s Earl & Doc? He left to do the Ham tour. "

I know that Matt DeAngelis recently joined the cast and I believe it's in that track. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

KathyNYC2
#29Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 12:48pm

Yes Matt does have Ryan's track.

JennH
#30Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 9:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "JennH said: "Question-How does Waitress recoup before Hamilton when Hamilton has been running somewhat significantly longer? (Unless it did and I just missed it)

"

Hamilton has recouped, they just didn't it necessary to announce it.

"

HA! Okie dokie then! I suppose you're right, it almost wasn't necessary considering the juggernaut level of a hit it is, they knew it would.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 9:53pm

for the umpteenth time, a show has no obligation to announce recoupment. It also has no obligation to announce what its nut is, or its capitalization. And Disney shows do not "recoup" at all. 

KathyNYC2
#32Waitress Officially Recoups
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:50pm

JennH said: "
I'm not saying length of run indicates when recouping will happen, but neither Hamilton nor Waitess were super expensive (I think?) and we alaaallllll know that Hamilton prices were through the roof and still are to great degree of merely being the hot ticket, allowing for a potentially faster recouping time. So, how did Waitress recoup first? I also must say, recouping is impressive on its own, but recouping less than a year after opening? That's damn impressive. Matilda took about two years and Wicked took and year and a half."

Again, it's not required that shows announce when and if they recoup. But when it happens depends on a lot of things. It did take Matilda and Wicked over a year to recoup but it took Kinky Boots only 6 months. Of course Matilda and Wicked are much more highly technical and cost more to run...so it make sense that Kinky Boots and say a Waitress type show recoup first...even if both those shows had big name composers that are obviously getting some of the profit.

"

Videos