pixeltracker

Odd orchestra locations/configurations- Page 2

Odd orchestra locations/configurations

hork Profile Photo
hork
#25Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 6/30/17 at 1:38am

I liked how American Idiot did it, with the musicians spread out all over the stage, on several different levels (with the cellist waaaay up at the top).

asmith0307
#26Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 6/30/17 at 5:02pm

I did mean upstage. Whoops! 

Golenboybway
#27Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 2:02am

The spring awakening revival was interesting they were all on the back wall in different places 

also does the Bernard B. Jacobs theatre have a pit? I remember reading that it doesn't!

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#28Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 6:26am

The original Broadway 'Jekyll & Hyde' had their orchestra off stage right, way up in a loft of some sort. Audience members would ask me (an usher at the time) if it was canned music and then many audiences were quite confused when, during the curtain call, the cast would gesture towards the unseen orchestra (again off stage right and way UP).

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#29Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 3:05pm

After seeing this photo, I've always wondered if the front row of center seats were removed, or the front of the pit modified for "Phantom." Perhaps to bring the musicians forward more, and away from trap doors/set pieces.  Could anyone confirm this or clarify how the pit at the Majestic was configured prior to "Phantom"?

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#30Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 3:45pm

sbflyfan said: "After seeing this photo, I've always wondered if the front row of center seats were removed, or the front of the pit modified for "Phantom." Perhaps to bring the musicians forward more, and away from trap doors/set pieces.  Could anyone confirm this or clarify how the pit at the Majestic was configured prior to "Phantom"?

"

I think (may be wrong) it was always like this because it still says row A

TheThreadMaster Profile Photo
TheThreadMaster
#31Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 3:46pm

also does the Bernard B. Jacobs theatre have a pit? I remember reading that it doesn't!

"

There is one at Bandstand and had one for the color purple

Cfried
#32Odd orchestra locations/configurations
Posted: 7/1/17 at 3:54pm

A Bronx Tale's orchestra is split in 2 different rooms backstage at the Longacre. 

Videos