2019 Olivier Awards

Impossible2
#252019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/5/19 at 2:24pm

Mister Matt said: "The Hadestown omissions are the most surprising. I would have thought at the very least it would replace Tina for Best New Musical."

Because it's not new?

MadsonMelo
#262019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/7/19 at 8:54am

I think the noms were really great, I just wish they would stop with those combine noms non-sense!

I believe Company takes Revival, the two featured categories for Jonathan and LuPone and has a great chance of seeing Craig also winning.

Adrienne may put up a fight for that award, I'm so glad that the four women in this category are that great!

Rachel Tucker has a chance of beat LuPone if they REALLY love CFA, which they might!

Varla vs Watanabe for Actor?

Hadestown with zero noms was the shocker for me!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#272019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/7/19 at 8:58am

Because it's not new?

When was it produced in London prior to this?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 3/7/19 at 08:58 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#282019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/7/19 at 10:31am

It is to them.  Just like it will be placed (most likely) in the NEW musical here for the Tony Awards.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#292019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/7/19 at 12:53pm

Pretty sure the women from SIX will take the supporting actress award. I’d look out for it to surprise in some other catafories too. It’s the only show of the nominees this year that’s a true sensation in London.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Impossible2
#302019 Olivier Awards
Posted: 3/7/19 at 2:21pm

QueenAlice said: "Pretty sure the women from SIX will take the supporting actress award. I’d look out for it to surprise in some other catafories too. It’s the only show of the nominees this year that’s a true sensation in London."

And rightly so. It is the best show currently playing in London.

Come From Away will probably win though which is ok, it's got a great reception here as well and deserves its success.

Fiddler will/should sweep next year, it is an amazing production which I hope isn't ruined in its transfer like Caroline supposedly was.

Videos