News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#25Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
Posted: 6/20/24 at 11:26am

gibsons2 said: "Huss417 said: "MadsonMelo said: "

I have a feeling that we will have our first Best Musical winner to recoup on Broadway with ''The Outsiders''.

As I assume, ''Kimberly'' didn't, right?
"

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here as most Best Musical winners recoup.

"

Kimberly Akimbo didn't recoup, neither did A Strange Loop. Hadestown was the last best musical to recoup.
"

If they said it the way you just did maybe I would have understood the post.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#26Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
Posted: 6/20/24 at 12:00pm

Great Gatsby just announced a new block of tickets on sale through February.  They’re definitely being conservative on this, but they expect to run through all of next year

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#27Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
Posted: 6/20/24 at 12:24pm

Broadway Flash said: "Great Gatsby just announced a new block of tickets on sale through February. They’re definitely being conservative on this, but they expect to run through all of next year"

Interesting. Jeremy has a whole bunch of concert dates beginning in January.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#28Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
Posted: 6/20/24 at 12:34pm

Sutton foster had a bunch of concerts too but then she got sweeney, and they rescheduled them to this fall. Now that she’s doing mattress, I guess they reschedule again?

SisterGeorge
#29Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
Posted: 6/20/24 at 12:42pm

Mr. Wormwood said: "The Notebook is a great example of why the Tonys matter. If it had gotten a nomination for Best Musical and Water For Elephants hadn't, I'm guessing the situations would have been reversed. Of course there will always be shows that don't need the Tony recognition (BTTF, Gatsby) to have decent to good numbers, but for those "on the fence" shows, it can make a very big difference."

This year, though, there seem to be quite a few people that went from "on the fence" to " No, thanks" after seeing those Tony show performances. 

Sister George

Videos