News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Flash

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Flash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 22 2024, 03:26:43 AM

The music is definitely better than the lyrics.  I’m loving the cast recording, it all sounds very lush, I feel they were snubbed a nomination for orchestrations and sound.  And many other categories too. I would have nominated them over elephants, Illinoise, and Hell’s Kitchen

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 02:57:32 AM

The critics are so annoying, they are apologizing for liking Cats.  They literally only speak to musical theatre snobs/ Sondheim lovers.  Just shows how out of touch they are with the broader community. I grew up watching the first Cats film on repeat, it was my Disney, so I have always loved it. 

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 Jun 21 2024, 04:36:45 PM

It was truly one of my favorite things I’ve ever seen.  It’s the perfect musical for me.  I hope it makes it to Broadway too

Jun 21 2024, 02:11:18 PM

Isn’t Ragtime also looking for a fast track transfer to broadway in the spring?   It’s literally impossible to judge that category when we don’t know what Gypsy, Floyd Collins, The Last Five Years, or Ragtime are gonna be like.  

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 21 2024, 11:01:32 AM

I also like a lot of his solos for American psycho as well. I just love his music

Jun 21 2024, 01:42:24 AM

Wow cats and sunset boulevard were both on broadway in the same season 8 years ago. Both were not nominated for best revival last time and yet these new revivals are so beloved.  

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 20 2024, 08:33:17 PM

I don’t care what people do, they should be doing it at their homes.  Oh wait…

Jun 20 2024, 06:02:50 PM

I don’t care about the children.  I care about me and the children running into me on the street and the parents sitting down on there sidewalk.  Not to mention all the trash everywhere.    It’s even weirder by the Roosevelt hotel.  It’s less chaotic but weirder because it’s right in the middle of people going to work in the corporate buildings.  But that one is reportedly closing by years end.  I guess the row will still be runn

"Untitled Immersive Musical Attraction" from POTO LLC
 Jun 20 2024, 02:01:23 PM

The show is not public domaine, the Gaston Leroux novel is 

Jun 20 2024, 01:56:57 PM

Some of the staging changed in New York too.  At the top of the title number,  The phantom and Christine didn’t go down under the stage anymore.  They replaced it with the ballet dancers coming on stage and looking at Raoul, they pass each other.  It was bewildering. 

2024-2025 Broadway Season
 Jun 20 2024, 01:05:14 PM

Is there a Tony awards thread yet?

Jun 20 2024, 12:51:41 PM

I think that if the original phantom stayed open, it would be back to making over a million dollars a week. Andrew Lloyd Webber himself said it could have easily stayed open the way it was.  Maybe not every week was profitable but year end they were still in the black.  I wish they held on longer and did a new campaign

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 20 2024, 12:34:49 PM

Sutton foster had a bunch of concerts too but then she got sweeney, and they rescheduled them to this fall. Now that she’s doing mattress, I guess they reschedule again?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 20 2024, 12:21:30 PM

I think Florence Pugh would make an excellent Sally

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 20 2024, 12:00:15 PM

Great Gatsby just announced a new block of tickets on sale through February.  They’re definitely being conservative on this, but they expect to run through all of next year

Jun 20 2024, 11:45:57 AM

On 8th avenue?  With kids running around?  Them blasting salsa music?  And having a weed party. This is totally fine with you?

BURLESQUE MUSICAL in development
 Jun 20 2024, 02:36:53 AM

Has anyone seen this?  The audience reaction seems very enthusiastic.  It also looks like there’s a turntable.  How’s Jackie Burns ??

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London
 Jun 19 2024, 11:21:10 PM

The reviews are all positive

Broadway Bares Hit the Strip Sunday
 Jun 19 2024, 11:19:51 PM

I wish broadway bets would be bigger than it is.  They should allow everyone in and they’d make even more money. And what happened to Broadway Bingo

Jun 19 2024, 11:13:15 PM

This seems so weird to me.  Why would Cameron mackintosh agree to this?  Wouldn’t he make more money by just doing a scaled down version of the original and put it in a smaller theatre back on Broadway?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You