News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Huss417

Huss417 Profile Photo
Member Name: Huss417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 21 2024, 09:24:33 AM

VintageSnarker said: "Count me in the group who was glad to finally see this staged but not impressed by more than the singing and orchestra. I did not realize just how stacked the cast was but they couldn't completely cover up the issues in the material. I don't necessarily need fewer characters but it's difficult to fully empathize with such a large group except as victims of a disaster at the very end... which didn't really require a whole show to get us there.

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 20 2024, 06:34:30 PM

nycward said: "Metropolis is the restaurant that is in the center. It seems to be quite nice and when you get your tix confirmed it is advertised. Perhaps that would be a safe bet for u.

"

I liked Metropolis. I wouldn't go out of my way to have dinner there but it is perfect for PAC. I thinks mains were in the 30-40 price range.

https://pacnyc.org/visit/metropolis-by-marcus-samuelsson/

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 20 2024, 05:41:39 PM

Kad said: "I’m always baffled by the members here who go months or years without posting and almost never have contributed to any discussion of theatre or Broadway, but come out of the woodwork when there’s a political topic. And, coincidentally, they’re always the conservatives."

I was looking at past posts by some of these folks and one of them only makes comments if it is in some form political. Not one post really discussing theatre at all. Just

Jun 20 2024, 05:00:05 PM

Broadway Flash said: "On 8th avenue? With kids running around? Them blasting salsa music? And having a weed party. This is totally fine with you?"

I'm fine with it. You on the other hand. Not so much.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 20 2024, 11:26:37 AM

gibsons2 said: "Huss417 said: "MadsonMelo said: "

I have a feeling that we will have our first Best Musical winner to recoup on Broadway with ''The Outsiders''.

As I assume, ''Kimberly'' didn't, right?
"

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here as most Best Musical winners recoup.

"

Kimberly Akimbo didn't recoup, neither did A Strange Loop. Hades

Jun 20 2024, 11:24:03 AM

Broadway Flash said: "I’m just reading the rest of the comments, I got banned for a month for making comments about a certain individual on the hadestown tour who proposed on closing night. Yes the residents on 8th Avehave been a disaster for two years now. They’ve got lawn chairs out there now and drinking corona. I could go on, but I’ll stop cause everytime I talk about this, people get all shook up in their boots."

Lawn Chairs and Corona sign

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/24
 Jun 20 2024, 10:53:59 AM

MadsonMelo said: "

I have a feeling that we will have our first Best Musical winner to recoup on Broadway with ''The Outsiders''.

As I assume, ''Kimberly'' didn't, right?
"

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here as most Best Musical winners recoup.

Spring awakening is cooked
 Jun 19 2024, 08:44:06 PM

For some reason I guess the Mods seem to not have any issue with this persons posts.

After all the absurdities they spewed in the Gypsy thread I thought they were gone for good.

I just had a look at the Gypsy thread and it seems where a lot of their posts went off the rails they are no longer there.

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 19 2024, 08:55:07 AM

KevinKlawitter said: "Sammy232 said: "CreatureKitchen said: "At least Radicalmedia actually seems to have a decent track record of getting proshots distributed."

Agree. I also am inclined to think that Radcliffe makes this a more viable piece to be sold to an appletv or hbo.
"

Oh God please not Apple.

We wantpeople to be able to actually see it, for Pete's sake.
"

And I am assuming the company p

This past weekend of understudies
 Jun 18 2024, 08:47:49 AM

TheatreAddict said: "At last Friday's performance of "The Wiz" five of the seven leads were out."

And we all know how many Tony Awards they were up for.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS:
 Jun 17 2024, 01:21:22 PM

dramamama611 said: "Anything for Illinoise? Must see again before it's gone. I know I can wait for it likely to be on TDF, but because of the sight line issues I want to be sure to get a seat that has no obstructions (damn speaker).

TIA
"

TodayTix has some decent pricing depending on the day.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 17 2024, 10:30:34 AM

TotallyEffed said: "HeyMrMusic said: "Saying Tunick deserved but Friedman didn’t for having directed this production a decade ago is contradictory. I fully expected Maria to win. This reminds me of when Darko Tresnjak won forGentleman’s Guideover Michael Mayer’sHedwig."

How so?
"

Also let's not forget there was no award for Best Orchestrations back in the day. I think he well deserv

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 16 2024, 05:23:48 PM

brdwybound04 said: "What shows/performers/nominees are you most surprised at and frustrated by their Tony snubs?"

Might be just me but I would consider not getting a nomination a possible "snub" but wouldn't consider it for the award itself.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 16 2024, 11:20:21 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Sorry Brightmans final performance in the show, I thin Crawford left later that year"

Thanks. I did post a few pages back the actual dates they left as I was there for Crawford's final in NYC.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Jun 16 2024, 10:55:33 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "That final Brightman / Crawford performance of Phantom in New York that I was so lucky to see. Brightman was a force of nature on that night. Her and Crawford could have powered Times Square it was that thrilling, beautifully sung."

Are you meaning they left the show at the same time or Brightman's final performance? I asked this when you mentioned it earlier in this thread but didnt see a response.

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 15 2024, 06:17:15 PM

muscle23ftl said: "Huss417 said: "muscle23ftl said: "Add me to the list of people who left at intermission. I was thrilled to see Ramin, Judy andChip once again, and they were great and the orchestra was to die for. A great production, it was fabulous, but it didn't engage me and I was bored. Great show, just not engaging enough for me. Too many slow songs, too slow for me."

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. To call it a "Gr

Any Chance Stereophonic Runs Thru March?
 Jun 15 2024, 03:27:53 PM

jkcohen626 said: "sr4mjc said: "Is the principle cast doing matinees? I will be up for work in August and the only show I can do is Sunday matinee."

Every actor is contracted for 8 performances a week. Even with this being such a long and demanding show, nobody in this cast is a star (yet) and SOOO much of the appeal and allure is about this cast seeming to really be a band. They aren't taking performances off besides when absolutely necessary.
&

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 15 2024, 03:24:12 PM

muscle23ftl said: "Add me to the list of people who left at intermission. I was thrilled to see Ramin, Judy andChip once again, and they were great and the orchestra was to die for. A great production, it was fabulous, but it didn't engage me and I was bored. Great show, just not engaging enough for me. Too many slow songs, too slow for me."

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. To call it a "Great Production" "Great Show" and to leave

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 9 2024, 11:09:42 AM

I know they added Tues - June 11 show to offset the Sun night for the Tony Awards. Is the invited dress rehearsal taking place on Monday?

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 9 2024, 09:08:00 AM

rg7759 said: "UWS10023 said: "Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

"

I'll forgive this because it played london after, but I think most people wouldn't consider a 2015 revival "recent". But you're right, that's the last time it was on broadway...
"

Might be just me but I would consider 2015 to be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You