News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Huss417

Huss417 Profile Photo
Member Name: Huss417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If Stereophonic didn’t transfer…  May 8 2024, 01:40:36 PM

yyys said: "Michael Esper is so much better than any of the Stereophonic nominees, but that's just me."

It is.

Update on the Times Square Theatre  May 8 2024, 09:49:11 AM

Broadway Flash said: "What is the status of this?"

Continued nonsense. Many people have explained but you don't seem to want to listen.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 02:59:03 PM

quizking101 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Wonder if ATG is regretting exercising their option to move APPROPRIATE. It has never reached the highs of the 2nd Stage run(despite more seats to fill)."

I’m actually a little surprised that Mother Play isn’t smashing the records that Appropriate set at 2ST earlier in the season given the casting.

Heart of Rock & Roll is just going to keep plugging along - but I think they will

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 01:27:38 PM

Not really too much of a bump for the nominated shows. And pretty much a down week overall.

Tony Award tickets  May 7 2024, 09:32:56 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "While it's disappointing, it's totally fair. I hope people don't queue up at Lincoln Center begging for tickets. I've seen people do that for other things and it's pathetic, so I hope it doesn't happen here."

Only the influencers will be begging. :)

Glenn Close gives a 'Sunset Boulevard' movie update  May 3 2024, 02:43:45 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Splendidnews! I truly hope this happens. It’s one of the great performances in Broadway history. And maybe she can finally win an Academy Award.

Glenn Closeis determined to get theSunset Boulevardremake made.

“It’s moving forward,” Close, 77, exclusively toldUs Weeklyof the film atVariety’s 2024 Power of Women luncheon in New York City on Thursday, May 2. “The movie is in the works and I’m not giving up on that one.”

The Oscar nominee added that she loves the character Norma Desmond, whom she previously played in two separate runs of theSunset BoulevardBroadwaymusical.

“It’s so beautiful to me that she’s always still so relevant. The time passes, but that character is always important,” she said. “We’re trying to find a director, we have a great script. … That character of Norma is so heartbreakingly beautiful and will never not have relevance, it’s been a great blessing to play her and I’m not willing to let her go yet without one more tribute.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/glenn-close-is-striking-in-all-black-at-varietys-power-of-women-event/
"

Not in my Broadway history. I might be in the minority but I didnt like her portrayal of  Norma Desmond.

If we are just basing it on the Broadway production Betty Buckley was phenomenal.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  May 3 2024, 10:14:54 AM

chrishuyen said: "I don't think I saw an announcement, but on the City Center website, it looks like Conrad Ricamora has been replaced with Jose Llana, I'm guessing due to Oh Mary! transferring(but it'salso just funny)"

Funny how? I must be missing the joke.

Theatre "Influencers"  May 2 2024, 11:30:48 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "DaveyG said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Wick3 said: "Is Paul Wontorek a theater influencer?"

Just put him into Google- he's official. He's actually the Editor-in-Chief of Broadway.com. He appeared in The Prom, he is official. Not just some rando on social media.
"

Correct. Paul is no influencer. He is very respected within the industry as an interviewer, reporterand editor.
"
<

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 11:26:13 AM

I truly dislike this version of Telecharge. Says searching for tickets. Then it just freezes and if I am able to finally see the seating chart it never enlarges when I try to see the prices and if it does the screen then freezes.

Can't tell you how many shows I have passed on because of Telecharge.

Sorry. Rant is no over.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale  May 2 2024, 11:10:22 AM

I can't seem to find the code.

Theatre "Influencers"  May 1 2024, 12:37:07 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "this thread needs to be deleted"

For What Reason?

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 02:16:52 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Huss417 said: "The8re phan said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Matt Gould just confirmed tome thatLempickais closing early May."

'early May' starts tomorrow...............
"

If they announce today they can close on Sunday.
"

Would they do that with Tony press events coming up?
"

With the show grossing 280K it would be egregious not to. Tony pres

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 02:08:04 PM

The8re phan said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Matt Gould just confirmed tome thatLempickais closing early May."

'early May' starts tomorrow...............
"

If they announce today they can close on Sunday.

Encores Titanic discount code?  Apr 30 2024, 01:20:42 PM

snookyookums said: "Thanks! Sorry, my search didn't turn up that thread."

Here is the thread if you ever need to use it again.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1125911

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 10:59:12 AM

bwaylyric said: "Corey Cott's arms were robbed of Best Featured!"

Its because he shaved his chest.

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 10:58:13 AM

yyys said: "none of these new musicals are of Hadestown caliber. Probably all will close within a year."

Wow, I'm impressed you were able to see them all already.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Apr 30 2024, 10:39:38 AM

I want to treat some family members to Illinoise does anyone have an active code?

Thanks. :)

The Tony Awards have lost the little credibility they had.  Apr 30 2024, 08:44:44 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They lost credibility years ago for me, but especially after they nominated New York New York. They’re corrupt"

go awaaaaaay
"

He was banned for two weeks for his racist comments about Hell's Kitchen. A great two weeks on this chat board!
"

Don't know what they actually said but only a 2 week ban? Should have been permanent.
<

Drama Desk Nominations ‘24  Apr 29 2024, 12:08:17 PM

It just doesn't seem fair to combine the acting awards they way they do now. For a total of 4 instead of 8.

ILLINOISE Reviews  Apr 28 2024, 10:28:27 AM

ACL2006 said: "Huss417 said: "ACL2006 said: "I agree that this show won't appeal to tourists or even the older theatergoers. I, too, heard several people say as I exited the theater that said "I'm not sure what exactly happened" or "what was this about?". So maybe their limited run will be enough unless it ends up winning the Tony. Maybe they'll look to transfer this to a smaller theater in September and have it run for six more month

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You