News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Huss417

Huss417 Profile Photo
Member Name: Huss417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 25 2024, 11:42:05 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "At this point, I really don’t see a transfer to Broadway in the cards. The only house they could theoretically transfer to is Circle in the Square, and I doubt they want to wait until R+J closes to do so. Any momentum they’ve built will likely be dissipated by January/February, and as Kad noted, it already feels like interest is waning. It reminds me ofOratorio for Living Things a couple seasons ago: rave reviews, excellent word-of-mouth, rumblings

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 24 2024, 10:59:29 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Are you serious? Shes giving the best musical theatre performance in forever. It’s the freshest, most original thing we’ve hadin a long while. Her physicality, her voice, her comedy, her rage! It’s a truly perfect Broadway moment, these other leading ladies wouldn’t stand a chance with her in the race!"

Again you are typing for the sake of typing. These ridiculous statements are beyond tiresome. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
<

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 24 2024, 08:45:59 AM

stagepotato said: "Huss417 said: "stagepotato said: "Broadway Flash said: "I doubt it now, but maybe after the election as president. Suffs truly was the best musical of the season. I always resent the Tony’s, but giving Best Musical to the doom and gloom outsiders was a travesty"

Wait wait wait wait Suffs was the best musical of the season? This is a laugh I didn’t realize I neededuntil now. Thank you for that
"

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 05:33:54 PM

stagepotato said: "Broadway Flash said: "I doubt it now, but maybe after the election as president. Suffs truly was the best musical of the season. I always resent the Tony’s, but giving Best Musical to the doom and gloom outsiders was a travesty"

Wait wait wait wait Suffs was the best musical of the season? This is a laugh I didn’t realize I neededuntil now. Thank you for that
"

They love to be contradictory for no sake other

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 01:20:47 PM

Fordham2015 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "There’s a new rumored production for the Hudson once a week on these boards. Why just the Hudson, well, that I can’t answer."

It's only seven years old, with terrific sight lines up to the last row in the balcony- and (aside from the latter part of the Merrily run) ticket prices are often quite reasonable
"

Might be just me but I think there are a lot of obstructed view seats

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 21 2024, 10:35:28 AM

Today was my rescheduled performance from the prior cancellation. I'm hoping third time will be the charm.

Pocahontas needs to be a broadway musical!
 Jul 18 2024, 04:50:03 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Well that’s why they would change parts of it and use the same score. Colors of the wind is still as relevant as ever. And there’s a strong story to be told, even the film wasn’t a complete whitewash. And the score is just ravishing."

Again you are typing for the sake of typing.

Heathers score you said was a "Masterpiece" yet it sounds like Legally Blonde.

Now Pocahontas is both "gorgeous and ravish

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 12 2024, 01:51:55 PM

chrishuyen said: "Just to be clear, this is a very recent thread that's gotten a lot of discussion, but it seems it's fallen to the BWW bug of saying it's from 1999"

Looks to be only #59 & #60.

Very Odd.

NYT: New York Moves to Clean Up Times Square After a Spate of Crimes
 Jul 12 2024, 01:36:20 PM

To this day I think SR also has an alter ego on this board.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 9 2024, 08:55:38 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Ohhhh okay, we will see who’s annoying very soon."

Do we get to vote? The more I think of it we actually don't need to vote. I think the same person will win with a landslide.

Did Jessie Mueller deserve the Tony?
 Jul 4 2024, 10:53:30 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "WiCkEDrOcKS said: "FWIW, I would've voted for Kelli O'Hara, but regardless BroadwayFlash's unhinged and ill-informed posts on this board are driving me nuts."

Flash has been driving people nuts on here for quite some time! They've even resorted to DMing people who call them out now!
"

And even their DMs are "Nonsensical."

Chances of Caissie Levy Led NEXT TO NORMAL Coming to Broadway?
 Jul 3 2024, 02:13:40 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "LOL. Chill. Not everything in the west end needs to be on broadway and vice versa."

"

I'm perfectly entitled to say this. No need to tell me to hush
"

Entitled

adjective

1. believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

"kids who feel so entitled and think the world will revolve around them"

I guess that sums it up pretty well.

Did Jessie Mueller deserve the Tony?
 Jul 3 2024, 11:30:28 AM

Broadway Flash said: "You don’t have to work hard, the material does all the work for you."

Another nonsensical statement.

Chances of Caissie Levy Led NEXT TO NORMAL Coming to Broadway?
 Jul 2 2024, 02:40:14 PM

You'll also be able to see her in Ragtime at City Center in November.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/30/24
 Jul 2 2024, 02:05:04 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Pretty bad week for most everyone due to the holiday, should be the same this week.
"

Isn't this coming weekend considered the holiday weekend or are you taking Gay Pride in as the holiday this past weekend?

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023
 Jul 2 2024, 01:59:29 PM

Has anyone heard anything else if this will ever be released? We are about five months since the cancellation of the showing in movie theaters.

What Happened Between Tom Kitt & Brian Yorkey?
 Jun 29 2024, 10:15:27 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Yeah, I wasn't get an answer over there."

Do you believe you are entitled to an answer?

What Happened Between Tom Kitt & Brian Yorkey?
 Jun 29 2024, 08:36:19 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I seem to recall some dramabehind the scenes with the musical The Visitor from a few years back, but are these two no longer friends because ofcreative differences? Brian Yorkey was not at the opening night of Next to Normal in the West End, a show he won a Pulitzer for. Was he avoiding Kitt or is there another reason for his absence?"

It's the same question that I assume you just posted to reddit as well?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/1drmkj3/what_happened_between_tom_kitt_brian_yorkey/

West End Transfer Likelihood of 2024 Tony Award Best Musical Nominees
 Jun 29 2024, 08:28:06 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "There’s already a musical about the UK women’s suffrage movement called “Sylvia” that recently played the Old Vic and I believe islooking to come back."

I liked Sylvia. I think if they do more work on the book and some of the music it has the possibility of becoming something very special. 

2023 it was up for Best Musical at the Olivier awards and Beverley Knight won for Best supporting actress in a musical.

Here is a clip from the Olivier Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LwOcXWVysc&t=53s

Stereophonic Smoking Herbal
 Jun 28 2024, 01:37:18 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "I don’t have any sensitivities to herbal cigs - besides thinking they smell bad - but I could definitely smell them from at least rear mezzanine B from time to time. They don’t smoke the whole show, but it’s fairly frequent. If you have sensitivities, I would just recommend sitting further back. You may still catch a whiff, but it wouldn’t be the same as sitting up close or seeing it at Playwrights, for example.

As to the poi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You