Profile for Huss417

Huss417 Profile Photo
Member Name: Huss417
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 08:28:19 PM
halfhourcheckwithmerman said: "Gift link: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/22/theater/jellys-last-jam-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.Xk0.9McJ.Oux5rOS1fvSu&smid=url-share"

Thanks. :)

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 07:35:20 PM
MemorableUserName said: "NYT Critic's Pick from Green and a flat-out rave:

‘Jelly’s Last Jam’ Review: A Musical Paradise, Even in Purgatory

Did Jelly Roll Morton “invent” jazz, as he claimed? A sensational Encores! revival offers a postmortem prosecution of one of the form’s founding fathers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/22/theater/jellys-last-jam-review.html

"That painful history can be alchemized into thrilling entertainment is both the central idea and the takeaway experience of “Jelly’s Last Jam,” the jaw-dropping Encores! revival that opened on Wednesday at City Center. Especially in its first act, as it tells the intertwined stories of Jelly Roll Morton and the early years of jazz, it offers up wonder after wonder, in songs and dances so neatly conceived and ferociously performed that in the process of blowing the roof off the building they also make your hair stand on end."

"

Thanks for sharing but the Times review is behind a paywall.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 04:58:12 PM
UWS10023 said: "Huss417 said: "What was the running time of the show?"

The running time is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The first act is much longer than the second.

Me thinks this is a show that benefits from a critic’s seat. I have not seen it yet, but I have heard varied opinions.

"

Thanks.
Saw the original production so looking forward to revisiting it. My only disappointment is the casting of Billy Porter but maybe h

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews  Feb 22 2024, 04:20:40 PM
I appreciate the help/info. I ended up going with Orch Row H Center.

Thanks. :)

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews  Feb 22 2024, 03:49:25 PM
Looking to purchase tickets as a gift and have a quick question about seating.

I have the option of Orch Row H center or Dress Circle Row A center. Wasn't sure which way to go as I couldn't figure out what row the Dress Circle over hangs the orchestra.

Thanks.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 08:59:46 AM
What was the running time of the show?
NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 21 2024, 08:04:11 PM
I think I prefer Nicholas Christopher bald over this wig. I didn't even know it was him at first.
NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 21 2024, 10:43:56 AM
MezzA101 said: "Huss417 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "Nice article from the NYT! Jason Michael Webb gives us a preview of what to expect with Jelly's Last Jam at Encores! Is anyone going to the first performance tomorrow?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/theater/jellys-last-jam-encores.html
"

The article is behind a paywall for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)
"

‘Jelly’s Last Jam’ Returns, Bringing a Jazz Tale to a New Generation https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/theater/jellys-last-jam-encores.html?unlocked_article_code=1.XE0.JbP-.GkdTzHscFx2D&smid=nytcore-android-share
"

@MezzA101 Thanks for this Link. :)

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 21 2024, 10:08:50 AM
Dylan Smith4 said: "Nice article from the NYT! Jason Michael Webb gives us a preview of what to expect with Jelly's Last Jam at Encores! Is anyone going to the first performance tomorrow?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/theater/jellys-last-jam-encores.html
"

The article is behind a paywall for me. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?  Feb 20 2024, 11:17:38 AM
SweetLips22 said: "And the winner is.............Huss417"

The thread has been a fun read. :)

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?  Feb 18 2024, 12:37:15 PM
Don't let the curtain call fool you. :)
Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 11:26:46 AM
Was surprised to see it on Tkts for today's matinee.
Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 6 2024, 07:17:14 PM
Play Esq. said: "That’s not surge pricing. That’s just second market sales pricing.

Surge pricing occurs at initial on sale when a distributor like Ticketmaster sees demand far exceeds supply. As a result, a Taylor Swift floor seat, for example, can start at 800 if you got an early on sale and move to 3000 if you’re lucky enough to get on a general on sale and that same seat is available.
"

I actually just looked on Ticketmaster and Row G

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 05:36:46 PM
ColorTheHours048 said: "yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I amveryinterested now.
"

I assume I am in the minority but I still really want to see Isabel Keating.

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 6 2024, 05:33:17 PM
BorisTomashevsky said: "Smaxie said: ">Tyne was never coming back. I wonder what the real story is here. Couldn’t learn the lines? Couldn’t stand Liev?<

Have you no shame? Seriously. This is both cruel and unhinged.
"

The only shame is when false fronts are put up to hide what’s really going on. Theatre history is full of these situations.
First it was “she’ll be back in a couple of days.” Now it’s “hospitalized and not coming back

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Feb 6 2024, 11:50:04 AM
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/ariana-madix-shoots-broadways-chicago-to-record-ticket-sales-week

Ariana Madix Shoots Broadway's Chicago to Record Ticket Sales Week

I didnt know who she was till I looked it up.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Feb 1 2024, 07:19:34 PM
Jelly's Last Jam Encores!

I know there is the 20% off with the code dmjelly but with looking at the sales so far for the second week with one night looking at maybe 30% sold will they possibly offer a better code?

Alex Newell in Pippin  Jan 31 2024, 04:38:56 PM
Would love to go over to see them but my luck I would get there and they would be out of the show. Happened to me three times during their run in Shucked. I finally gave up.
Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 03:49:09 PM
She was a class act on and off the stage. She will be greatly missed.
Hinton Battle has died  Jan 30 2024, 03:48:20 PM
This is a sad day.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You