Opening Night Protocol

Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex Profile Photo
Alvin and My Sheepdog Rex
#25The Kids
Posted: 5/22/03 at 8:28pm

Hi D of B,

Your kids look cool and very distinguished. The photo is rather grainy on my screen but I'm going to guess German Shepard and ??.
Let me know if I'm close on the first.

The weather is getting rather warm on the Left Coast and Rex is pushing to get his summer cut soon. He becomes about 1/2 his current size after he gets the buzz cut.

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

DofB5
#26Not sure..
Posted: 5/22/03 at 9:36pm

if I'm allowed to upload the picture in the fan photos section so you could see it a bit better.

The fellow sitting is Bear. My Walmart special as that's where I got him. #13 of 13! Mom was supost to be a Bull Terrier and he had the football shaped head when he was a little 5 lb pup. The lady promised he wouldn't get any bigger then my knee. Now he's about 105 lbs and the vet tells me he is Great Dane, Lab and Shepherd! What a combo! He stands at least waist high to me now (but I'm approx 5' maybe even 5'1" on a tall day).

The one laying down is Brandi. She came from the pound and is a mix as well but I don't know what all she is. Looks like Shepherd at least. She stands to Bears shoulder so she isn't as big.

I love'em both. Couldn't ask for better. :)

They want Rex to know they wish they could come to Broadway and vist. They are both very well behaved.

D

#27From Bear & Brandi to Old Yeller
Posted: 5/23/03 at 12:25am

Bear and Brandi look like a most impressive canine duo. Walk with them through Central Park and I am sure no one would mess with you.

As for Rex in the Big Apple, it would never work. He has a phobia, traffic noise! As a pup, I took him to a park and someone nearby had a car nearby that kept backfiring. Rex freaked out and to this day doesn't like being on the mean city streets. So I have difficulty envisioning him in Time Square.

But if they ever open "Old Yeller" the Musical on Broadway, he'll be there!

My perfect day would begin at on the beach in Hana, Maui and end at a Broadway Musical.

#28Opening Night Playbills
Posted: 5/23/03 at 8:37am

I recall seeing someone on eBay selling an opening night playbill for a show. Does anyone know if the playbills on an official Opening Night are different in any way from a standard playbill usually issued each month?

DofB5
#29I don't know about the playbills. Good question since I
Posted: 5/24/03 at 9:22am

have never been to an opening night, either.

Yes, whenever B & B take me for a walk, I feel very safe. I don't know about the playbills.  Good question since I They even know to sit before crossing a street. I don't even have to tell them anymore. One guy who saw them do that said he wished his kids were as well trained.

So what do you do with all of Rex's hair when he gets his shave? I've heard of people who knit sweaters from their dogs hair. B & B are both short haired so I couldn't do that even if I wanted to.

#30Playbills & Rex Fashion Wear
Posted: 5/24/03 at 9:49am

On another site, somone told me that on opening nights the playbills are specifically dated (May 29) as opposed to being for an entire month (May). We shall see!

Hmmm, the idea of wearing Rex is rather unique. I have no doubt that if I had saved his fur throughout the years and made a sweater or such it would make a unique fashion statement.

It sounds like Bear and Brandi are much better behaved than Rex. It's not that Rex is not social, he's to social. His ideal introduction would be to jump into the persons arms, knock them down, and lick them with kisses. People often ask me "Can me see?" and my answer is only when I want him to because seeing just gets him into trouble.

Rex and I just returned from a early outing to a neighboring creek park area and I have hosed him down. Nothing quite like a wet sheepdog!

#31Opening Night Playbills
Posted: 5/25/03 at 2:53am

I just found out that for official "Opening Nights" most shows do issue a special playbill, at least with the date of the opening on it. Sometimes for special occasions such as Les Miserables closing show, they will also have special playbills. I found this information on the Playbill site where they sell past special playbills for anywhere from $10 - $50 each.

Check out their link:
Playbill Store - Special Playbills

Standing O Profile Photo
Standing O
#32$50!!!
Posted: 5/25/03 at 3:03am

I saw on the playbill site where they are selling The Producers Broadway "opening night" for $50 each. It's just a playbill!!!!!!

Deannaizme Profile Photo
Deannaizme
#33Playbills
Posted: 5/25/03 at 4:19pm

I had to get the Playbill from Les Miserables' closing night. Impulse buying at its worst. I'd love to have an opening night Playbill from The Producers, and Cabaret. But I'm not paying $50 for one! :)

~D

#34Les Miserables "Au Revoir"Playbill
Posted: 5/25/03 at 5:42pm

Deannaizzme,

That is a very good idea, I think I will order one of the closing night playbills for a young Les Miserables fan who just performed Les Mis in her high school senior play.

Thanks for the idea!

Updated On: 5/25/03 at 05:42 PM

Videos