News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Standing O

Standing O Profile Photo
Member Name: Standing O
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked - $25 Ticket Lottery
 Oct 10 2003, 08:57:50 PM
I wonder what if there is a high demand yet for these 25 buck seats yet? Seems like a great opportunity and you don't even have to stand in line all day! Definitely better odds than playing Lotto!
re: Thank You Cady Huffman!
 Aug 3 2003, 11:49:57 AM
Two plus years of world class performances by Cady as Ulla on Broadway. When you see The Producers the audience usually thoroughly enjoys the "Keep It Gay" scene and just when you think you will get a break from laughter Cady comes on as Ulla and blows everyone else away with "When You Got It, Flaunt It".
She's leaving. Say it ain't so. I think I'm getting misty!

re: Wicked on Broadway!
 Jul 28 2003, 11:26:32 AM
I came across the following Wicked website apparantly started by some who were associated with the show in San Francisco. See the following Link:
re: re: The Producers - Yes, it does matter who plays Max & Leo!
 Jul 19 2003, 11:42:32 PM
If we're singing the praises of Martin Short, I must mention my favorite all-time Martin Short role; and that was as Franck Eggelhoffer the wedding coordinator in Father of the Bride with Steve Martin. Can you imagine what he could do with the role of Carmen Ghia?

From Franck Eggelhoffer to Leopold Bloom that's quite a comedic career!

re: The Producers - Yes, it does matter who plays Max & Leo!
 Jul 17 2003, 11:04:52 AM
I also agree with the premise that the actors that play Bialystock & Bloom are the key to experiencing The Producers as a great musical comedy as opposed to just a good musical comedy. While I concur with most of Bruce Weber's analysis, I believe the gap between the current Los Angeles and Broadway productions is wider than he expressed in favor of L.A. My experience of seeing The Producers with Jason Alexander and Martin Short was wonderful,memorable and they have great chemistry, while seeing
re: The Producers - soft box office
 Jul 11 2003, 02:03:05 PM
I can't understand the logic, a year ago The Producers dismissed a formidable actor, Henry Goodman, out of concern that the public "might not" relate to his take on Max Bialystock. Now today, with the popularity of Broadways The Producers dropping rapidly there doesn't seem to be concern at the St. James. While Lewis Standlen who seems like a nice enough guy has just been put into a NO WIN situation because he doesn't have the charisma or singing voice to play Max successfully on Broadway.

re: What is HAIRSPRAY Tony Award winner Tom Meehan's home address?
 Jun 17 2003, 07:14:57 PM

re: What is HAIRSPRAY Tony Award winner Thomas Meehan's home address?
 Jun 17 2003, 07:10:51 PM
61 Jane St. in Greenwich Village from The Producers
re: Glinda Rising
 Jun 16 2003, 05:35:15 PM
I just wanted to see if this Wicked photo would upload.

Cool!

re: Wicked Review
 Jun 10 2003, 09:04:19 PM
I was just able to get tickets today for the final performance of Wicked in SF on June 29. THRILLED!
re: Recommend To Me
 Jun 5 2003, 08:58:49 PM
I loved Urinetown and highly recoMMend it.
re: re: Another Seinfeld Broadway Trivia Challenge
 Jun 4 2003, 11:36:15 PM
That would be Guys & Dolls.
re: Seinfeld Broadway Trivia - What Show & Song?
 Jun 2 2003, 07:40:08 PM
The only Broadway reference I recall was a fictitious show called Rochelle, Rochelle! the Musical starring Bette Middler, where George breaks Bette's leg at the Broadway softball league and she can't perfrom enabling her emotional wreck of an Understudy to get her big break. Is this the show, but I don't recall a song?
Playbill?
 May 30 2003, 02:49:04 PM
Did they have special playbills for this opening night?
DOTV
 May 27 2003, 09:24:47 AM
There may be some DOTV supporters who would've enjoyed rewriting some of the reviews.
$50!!!
 May 25 2003, 03:03:15 AM
I saw on the playbill site where they are selling The Producers Broadway "opening night" for $50 each. It's just a playbill!!!!!!
Broadway Cares
 May 25 2003, 01:43:02 AM
I believe it's sponsored by Broadway Cares so you might check with them.
Restraining order?
 May 22 2003, 06:11:01 PM
Alvin,

Restraining order?

You must be kidding. The Lion King is terrific.
 May 22 2003, 11:33:56 AM
You go to see the Lion King because is original and a wonderous theatrical event, not because it's Disney or for tourists. 5 years on top of Broadway demonstrates this. I've seen much of what Broadway has to offer via musicals and Lion King is one of two all time favorites. Go see it yourself, then love it or hate it, but not before you even see it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You