pixeltracker

Normal Heart Closing 6/29 -- TONIGHT!- Page 2

Normal Heart Closing 6/29 -- TONIGHT!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#25re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 1:01am

I saw it twice. It was one of the finest shows i have ever seen.

;(
What happened? First ASSASSINS then Millie now this.
I am so upset.
Updated On: 6/30/04 at 01:01 AM

sgweirdo
#26re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 1:44am

HOLY CRAP! I wasn't excepting THAT to happen! I can't believe they didn't give us any warning!
I just saw it for a second time Friday night. The Theatre wasn't empty at all!
I even saw the new (i think it's new) AD in the subway!

Becky
#27re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 1:49am

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad!!!!!!!!!! I have frnt row tickets for July 17th!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how angry I am!

So did I! Were you going to the matinee or eve? I had front row for the eve.

*sigh*

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#28re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 7:20am

I was going this Saturday at 2:00. I've seen it a couple times, but a friend was coming who hadn't seen it yet. Very disappointing news.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

rozreifer
#29re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 8:20am

The Theatre gods were smiling at me when I was lucky enough to pick last night to see the show. Everyone was buzzing about the closing notice when we got there but no one knew for sure why. The show was phenomenal, Raul was phenomenal, but there was nothing said at final curtain.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#30re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 8:32am

Glad for you rozeifer, bummed for those of us who didn't get the chance. re: Normal Heart Closing
B

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#31re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 11:22am

Reading the articles about the unexpected closure, I do think that Margo has a point about not being told the full story, but I don't think they're making it up either.

Assassins and Millie both gave the weak advance sales reason for their closure. Millie's statement mentioned that summer is a tough time on Broadway and they weren't convinced the show would make it. Reidel wrote an article a couple of weeks back stating that as strong as shows are now, most of their advance bookings for summer are through the floor. As much as I dislike him for his opinions, I will grudgingly admit he does always seem to be right when it comes to facts. It will be interesting (though I imagine disheartening) to see how the rest of the summer pans out. Also, I have been looking into an October/November trip to NYC to take in some theatre but I can't find a flight for less than £400. When you factor in hotel costs and so on, it's hardly encouraging to tourism and this may well be another reason shows are starting to suffer.

So to come back to my original point, The Normal Heart may not have been lying in giving the weak advance sales as their reason for closing. But in closing with four hours notice on a Tuesday night, they made it very clear they weren't giving out all the reasons for said closure.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#32re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 12:42pm

oh no! and i promised luvtheemcee that i'd see it!

Ruffian
#33re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 12:50pm

I'm on record for thinking this is the oddest Closing Notice in a very very long time

I think there are a few details we dont know about

Still....this is so sad

Thank God I saw it, but I did want to go again

Major Bummer

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#34re: Normal Heart Closing
Posted: 6/30/04 at 9:37pm

nystateomind, it's ok. There's nothing we could've done. I'll let you borrow my copy of the play, though.

I'm really surprised that they didn't say anything at the end of last night's performance. This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

~ Emcee, still in need of hugs

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos