My dream

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#25re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:57pm

Actually, Danielle Ferland was 16 when the original 'Into the Woods' opened and I beleive Molly Ephraim was even younger when the revivial opened.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

BWayBoy88
#26re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:59pm

I dont know what version of Into the Woods you saw but in both Broadway productions Little Red was a teenager

WickedDude
#27re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:59pm

16 and younger is almost a teenager. Besides A grown actress can play Red Riding Hood.

BWayBoy88
#28re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 2:01pm

"Hello Little Girl"
I dont think those lyrics could be sung to an adult

Plum
#29re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 8:10pm

Marissa Janet Winokour is hopelessly unsuited for the part of Little Red Riding Hood.

Sutton Foster seems wasted as a Stepsister. But since this is your dream cast, I'll let that go.

Why on Earth make Harvey Fierstein the Giant? I just don't get that at all.

And your Princes are kind of...meh. I can't see them handling the Wolf part of the role so well. Neither of them are my favorite actors in the world.

But I guess that your name should have made the fact that our tastes are different painfully obvious, WickedDude. Unless you're just "wicked" in the generic sense.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#30re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 9:34pm

And the giant is a woman. I know Harvey's played a woman, but he sure as hell doesn't sound like one.

WickedDude
#31re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 10:38pm

Harvey has played women before. I'm certain he can do it. And Sutton Foster would be a good stepsister I'm not making her wasted. And Red Riding Hood is suppose to be a bit chubby so Marissa is only person I can think of for the Part.

BroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
#32re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 11:15pm

Harvey should be the Witch or Jack's Mother

BWayBoy88
#33re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/6/04 at 11:28pm

The whole appeal of Harvey in drag is that he is so obviously not a woman. His voice is very deep and raspy. It works in Hairspray because it is a silly show. Into the Woods, while it has its funny parts, is much more serious. I dont think you can use a drag queen as the giant.

#34re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/7/04 at 4:29pm

geez, lay off you guys! a person has a right to their opinion and shouldn't be scrutinized for it! you have an interesting arrangement, WickedDude, i'd be interested in seeing it. i'm also glad to see a Wicked fan! what can i say....i just love the show!
take care.

Unlimited_Dreamer
and remember, God loves you.

Unlimited....my future is....unlimited....

Plum
#35re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/7/04 at 5:17pm

If WickedDude posted his opinions in a public forum, he was inviting comment. Not necessarily nastiness, but definitely criticism. He has a right to his opinion- but so does everybody else.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#36re: My dream 'Into The Woods' cast
Posted: 7/7/04 at 6:18pm

just out of winder wicked dude... what is your obsession with Amy Bodnar? In all of your "casts" she seems to be given the female lead

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Videos