pixeltracker

Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?- Page 2

Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#25re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 9:56am

oh, HELLLL, no... i bought the discount tickets! i paid full price for our Assassins tickets, though, and that, in my world, was well worth it

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#26re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 9:58am

yes, joeyjoe - that WAS worth it!...I'd forgotten about those discounts for Wicked - thank God he/she was watching out for us on that score!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#27re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:10am

I got a house seat to ASSASSAINS and recall paying around $80-something. Does this sound right to you guys?

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

MargoChanning
#28re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:11am

I think I paid around $110 or $120 for two fifth row orchestra seats for "Wicked" around the second or third week or previews -- discounts were everywhere as I recall (I think I got a half dozen discount flyers in the mail before it even opened).

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

redhotinnyc2
#29re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:14am

Margo - AND???? please elaborate...was it worth it? why didn't you use the discounts available? DISH!

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#30re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:18am

now, let's not turn this into a bashing thread...

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#31re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:21am

SamIAm, the reason that the producers put in big names to entice people to pay the $100. Not the other way around.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

kissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
#32re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:22am

The last time I paid full price for a ticket was for The Boy From Oz. Hugh Jackman was worth the price. The production itself was so not. But this was for someone else's birthday present, so I bit the bullet. And yes, a week after I bought the tickets, I saw discounts for it...

UDJAT Profile Photo
UDJAT
#33re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:43am

I paid full price to see the last show of AIDA, I'm like Emcee, I had to be there. I was willing to pay more if I had to. I also paid full price to see The Boy From Oz and that was worth every penny. I will probably pay full price to see La Cage once it opens. re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?

redhotinnyc2
#34re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 10:49am

oh good gracious no! that was not my intent - its just that Margo is usually so eloquent...her post simply felt "imcomplete" somehow...

MargoChanning
#35re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 11:01am

Ummmmmm............... Did anyone READ my post? $110 for TWO tickets in the orchestra.........TWO ..... That's $55 per ticket......Orchestra seats normally cost $101 a piece........ Obviously I USED the discounts ......... Am I missing something??????

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#36re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 11:02am

redhot ain't so good at math... and apparently i'm not either this morning...

touchmeinthemorning
#37re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 11:11am

Any show where Hugh Jackman gives Matt Damon a lapdance is worth at least 100 bucks.

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'" -- unknown

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#38re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 11:20am

I paid full for Hairspray in January, and I thought it was worth the money.

Also, had to spend that much on Wicked cause a friend wanted best seats possible in advance.....something tells me I won't have the same reaction :-P

UDJAT Profile Photo
UDJAT
#39re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 11:25am

I agree touchmeinthemorning. Seeing Hugh give Matt a lap dance would have been worth $100 if not more.

twogaab2
#40re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 12:03pm

No.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

broadwayguy2
#41re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 12:25pm

amen Touchme!

BT Profile Photo
BT
#42re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 1:32pm

If you think broadway tickets are expensive, try being an opera fan... ugh.

I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#43re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 1:33pm

You can see the opera for $12 in New York. It's the best bargain in town.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

BT Profile Photo
BT
#44re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 1:37pm

Yes, but add to that the train ticket and the hotel... You can get some decent deals here in DC but since Domingo started frequenting the DC Opera the half price tickets have gotten harder to come by.

I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#45re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 1:40pm

Well you can take Vamoose for $30 (roundtrip) and than once I get up there you can stay on my couch.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#46re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 4:15pm

I paid full price of $100 for orchestra seats to Wicked for my entire family of 4 - it came out to $434 and we ALL came out saying it was worth every penny to we bought tickets the next day to see it again. We got partial view seats for that one and that was SURELY worth it...

redhotinnyc2
#47re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 4:20pm

Margo - just goes to show you how tired I am today - no wonder I didn't understand your post - I should have gone over it with a fine-toothed comb...silly me...

redhotinnyc2
#48re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 4:20pm

Margo - just goes to show you how tired I am today - no wonder I didn't understand your post - I should have gone over it with a fine-toothed comb...silly me...

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#49re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 4:49pm

Yes, yes it is.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Videos