pixeltracker

Pop stars turned broadway singers.- Page 2

Pop stars turned broadway singers.

MaTakeALookAtMe Profile Photo
MaTakeALookAtMe
#25re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:36pm

I am hoping for Avril lavigne as Thoroughly Modern Millie

Becky
#26re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:46pm

Joey McIntyre is doing a good job as Fiyero.... I was suprised to see how natural he comes across as an actor.

Well, he has been doing theater since he was what, six or seven? Theater came before his *pop* detour, so I've never really considered him to be in the 'pop-star-turned-Broadway' category.

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#27re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 7:45pm

'Well, he has been doing theater since he was what, six or seven? Theater came before his *pop* detour, so I've never really considered him to be in the 'pop-star-turned-Broadway' category.'

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with his biography... I believe the two shows he likes to mention are just Tick, Tick ... Boom and Wicked though, so I'm sure I can be forgiven for this, especially when he is best known for being a member of NKOTB.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

Becky
#28re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 8:48pm

I'm sure I can be forgiven for this, especially when he is best known for being a member of NKOTB.

Oh no - it wasn't a negative comment to your post. I hope it didn't come across that way. It's just that a lot of people don't know his theater background dates back to when he was very little. Like you, many come away surprised that this 'pop star' can act. Updated On: 10/19/04 at 08:48 PM

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#29re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/19/04 at 8:51pm

Hey, no problem at all, Becky. re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.

I had no idea he was into theatre from a very young age. Good for him... and us, I guess re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#30re: Pop stars turned broadway singers.
Posted: 10/20/04 at 5:59pm

I'm so surprised that there hasn't been a board revolt/outcry over the rumour that they've lowered the keys for "Mr. formerly of NKOTB".

Videos