News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

NO Idina Tommorrow

MargoChanning
#25re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:52am

Not for what they pay their staff.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

musicgal04 Profile Photo
musicgal04
#26re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:54am

This whole situation is terrible and I hope that Idina gets well. I wish Shoshana the best of luck in light of it all. If I could I would be at the show tomarrow to show my support.

"Seriously, I Understand because I am flying from Kentucky next weekend to NYC and the reason I was doing it to meet Tamyra Gray in Bombay Dreams and for that reason ONLY."
shuq....sorry man.

BSoBW2
#27re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:54am

what are you talking about Namo?

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#28re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:55am

Hope she recovers quickly. Shame anything like this could happen.

There is ABSOLUTLEY no excuse for something like this to happen to an actor. Something unforseen, like a piece of scenery breaking and injuring an actor, would be an unfortunate accident. But the production KNEW each and every risk of this illusion. Unless someone was asleep at the wheel I don't understand why Stage Management hadn't devised a fail safe procedure for the trapdoor. For instance, the trap shouldn't open unless A + B + C + D are in place. If a piece of the puzzle is missing, the actress should have somehow been protected from danger by alerting or diverting or physically stopping the show.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:56am

re: NO Idina Tommorrow
This really sucks. Poor Idina... I feel awful for her that she won't get the moment and closure she deserves - get well soon!! And, break a leg to Shoshana...

A work of art is an invitation to love.

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#30re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:58am

i think she should go on as nessa- shed be able to rest in the chair and still be present in the show. i dunno lol I think its pretty bad that this happened. I hope she gets better really quickly, and I hope Shosh does amazing tomorrow.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#31re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:58am

As sad as I am over not getting to see what was supposed to be Idina's big final day, I'm extremely excited to see Shoshana. I've heard nothing but great things about her, and I'll be cheering my head off when she comes out, no doubt about it.

insomniak
#32re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:59am

I hope she's alright.

Sad as this is for her because she won't get her last show, there are two possible good things- she won't have to deal with nutcase fans and I think that if someone were to go through with those threats, they might've tried tomorrow. At least she's safe.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#33re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 12:59am

"i think she should go on as nessa- shed be able to rest in the chair and still be present in the show."

That was my idea!

La Vie Boheme
#34re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:02am

THe Gershwin HAS had its share of tech problems. When i went, i was lucky enough to be at one of the two performances in which Kristens bed did not come out in the "Popular Scene" (when her and Elphy and in their dorm). It was absolutely hysterical seeing them adlib and cracking jokes. Kristen at one point said "and to think, this whole set cost over 1 million dollars!". (Also when Galinda tries to use the wand unsuccesfully but Elphy does it succesfully Kristen said "well i shouldnt expect this to work if that bed didn't work!") It was by far the best broadway experience EVER! I asked Kristen about it after the show and she told me it had happened once before and it actually made her night a little more fun (she was complaining about a migrane that same night).

~Peace Out~

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

BSoBW2
#35re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:05am

a damaged rib will not allow her to sing....not just walk...

i must say, everyone was saying how many "Bye Idina" threads there'd be at the end...no one expected this though!

How sad...

newyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
#36re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:13am

wow talk about going out with a bang.....

The original Wicked Witch-Margaret Hamilton had a accident with a trap door during The Wizard Of Oz Filming.

belterboi Profile Photo
belterboi
#37re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:14am

The Wizard....and
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Since idina can't be there to sing tomorrow...I'll thought I'd do at least one of her many fabulous, long belts for her! love her! :) can't wait to hear bean sing!

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#38re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:19am

It truly sucks that has to be her last performance! I hope that she will be ab;e to make it up...so many ppl let down! I hope shes ok.

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#39re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:24am

I agree...I'm surprised Playbill hasn't jumped on this already. All they have is an article obviously written before this afternoon that announces Idina last show tomorrow (well, today).

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#40re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:33am

awww i hope idina gets better soon!...sounds like she took a hard fallre: NO Idina Tommorrow

orchajaws Profile Photo
orchajaws
#41re: NO Idina Tommorrow

KRISTIN....Stop tampering with trap doors!!! Updated On: 1/9/05 at 01:33 AM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#42re: NO Idina Tommorrow

Exactly, this has been news since at least 4:15p today. Plenty of time to adjust any "timed postings". Ga, if Broadway.com could do it, so could they. I'm sure someone could've dialed in and posted something, anything it this afternoon.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#43re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:37am

orchajaws, that's not funny. And it's spelled Kristin.

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#44re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:38am

i cant believe all of this.
i mean,
counting san francisco idina has done this show for 2 years+ and on the day before her last show, she gets hurt. This all occured after receiving threatening letters 2 weeks ago.

I CALL CONSPIRACY!!

..well...maybe not but it is rather unfortunate and im sure all of us are hoping she'll be fine.

im more concerned about her well being than whether or not she goes on. Being in the show isnt nearly as important as a person's health.

Dextrous Existence
#45re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 1:39am

Priest, you summed this up very nicely...there is no other word to describe this situation, but 'overwhelming'.

In regards to Shoshana, I wish her the BEST of luck; I'll be seeing her very soon, and I know tomorrow will be a blessing for her and her first "official" performance. I hope the audience gives her the same support as they would give Idina, because she probably needs it, the most, out of anyone in the cast.

I do wish Joey a wonderful farewell performance. I certainly hope some of the crowd is there to cheer on him, as much as they were for Idina.

And I certainly added a little prayer for Idina. I hope she certainly gets well very soon. Although, I don't think it would be a good idea for her to go on as Nessa. Simply because...it wouldn't be fair to Michelle, it wouldn't be fair to Idina (just the thought of her watching someone else play 'her' part for her final show would be weird), and Idina just needs to rest. Period. BSoBW2 is absolutely right- from the minute I read "bruised or damaged ribcage" from that first article, I knew it would be highly unlikely for her to go on. I mean, you've all heard what she has to sing throughout that show...the amount of support [from her diaphragm] that she needs to give for her to sing loudly and lasting. You cannot give that much if you have a bruised or damaged ribcage. But like the article said, she would probably still be there to show her support, so atleast fans WILL (most likely) get a chance to see her. Goodnight and God bless.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#46re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 2:05am

This is such terrible news too come home to. I am saddened by this. I am also greatly appreciative I got to see Idina Tuesday.

I really hope she gets better soon.

BSoBW2
#47re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 2:21am

luckystar - try 3+ years (2001)

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#48re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 2:37am

Wow, thats horrible about the accident. I'm glad it was nothing serious. That has to be a bummer, having something like that happen during on of the final performances but as someone else said..it would be a great story. But I'm glad it wasnt too serious and she is going to make a full recovery. Do you suppose this will delay her filming for RENT?

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#49re: NO Idina Tommorrow
Posted: 1/9/05 at 2:54am

Despite the fact that it was a terrible thing that happened to Idiva, I am actually glad that I saw her second to last full performance (sorry to rub it in - don't worry - she'll be back in a few years, along with Kristen - they'll do a Nathan/Matthew thing. Wanna Bet?)

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

Videos