pixeltracker

Brooklyn Beats the Press- Page 2

Brooklyn Beats the Press

lovettespies Profile Photo
lovettespies
#25re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/5/05 at 8:35am

I agree, with the new shows opening soon, I doubt that Brooklyn has much of a chance. I've never seen it, so I cannot say if that's a god or bad thing, but as for a Best Musical nod I would say not. I'm gald that it seems to be having some sucess (maybe where's the article?) but don't get your hops up too high.

Keep the peace, take care of each other, and may you find your promised land. -TJST

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#26re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/5/05 at 12:05pm

While I've now seen Brooklyn and really enjoyed it, I agree that in competition with Spamalot, Scoundrels, Little Women, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, ...Spelling Bee..., and even The Frogs, it's going to get buried when awards season rolls around. Ramona Keller should at least get nominated, though.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

BroadwayBOY3
#27re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/7/05 at 12:13am

I think people are changing their mind on Brooklyn. I was just in NY for the weekend and saw it twice. It was almost sold out, just a few seats in the rear mezzanine. I was looking around during the show, and peoples mouths were open one point and tears were running down there face another time. Brooklyn is getting more audience. The show just signed a contract guaranteed to stay open for a nother year. Complain all you want.. but its hear to stay for awhile.

MargoChanning
#28re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/7/05 at 12:56am

You are LYING and you know it..

They have NOT signed any such contract guaranteeing anything. No show has such a contract, especially a show doing as poorly as BROOKLYN.

And whether or not the house seemed full this weekend, remember that EVERY SHOW does well on the weekends -- in the case of BROOKLYN, apparently no one's there the rest of the week. Last week's actual attendance figures will be out tomorrow, but two weeks ago it posted a capacity only 59.4% and the week before that it was at 52.4% -- and this is with heavy discounts and the lowest average ticket price for any musical on Broadway.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#29re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/7/05 at 1:14am

Magic, you listed Spelling Bee. Did I miss something? Is it moving?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#30re: Brooklyn Beats the Press
Posted: 2/7/05 at 1:54am

POWER to Margo!!!

*welcomes back MattG with grin* re: Brooklyn Beats the Press

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)
Updated On: 2/7/05 at 01:54 AM

Videos