pixeltracker

A "Christian" Version of RENT?- Page 2

A "Christian" Version of RENT?

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#25re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:04pm

OMG this is too funny.. ROFLMAO..

Oh and the national tours Angel is Damien, Kristen is the understudy..

"All work and no smut makes Cammy lose her edge." ~DG

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas

Dollypop
#26re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:07pm

They're giving away hot cross buns to each theater-goer.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#27re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:07pm

gotta love Forbidden Broadway...

theatrefirekitty
#28re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:10pm

you guys jest, but just try working in a theatre where RENT is being performed. We keep a score in our box office of weird things people say and asking for tix to "Lent" had 10 marks next to it.

I think the weirdest one I got was a call from a guy who asked how much our apartments were. I explained that he called a theatre, and we didn't have any apartments. He then told me that he had driven by and saw all these signs for "RENT." I almost burst out laughing but explained that "RENT" was a musical. He was REALLY embarrassed and hung up the phone pretty quick.

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#29re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:11pm

Doesn't Mimi sing I have to go to church tonight? And Roger something about One Sin Repentance?

"Someday I'm going to have a baby and I'm gonna name her L'il Mimi Marquez and I and will sing to her every day and when she's a toddler I will say "L'il Mimi Marquez, clad only in a bubble diaper, will perform her famous play pen handcuff dance to the sounds of breast milk being pumped!" ~Kringas

paradox_error
#30re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:16pm

Yes and the two altar boys sing that lovely song "I'll Pray With You"

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#31re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:21pm

Ahh yes such a lovely song..

have you heard Will I yet?

It's rather sad, everyone asking "Will I see my Savior"

paradox_error
#32re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:25pm

or "Take Me and Save Me?"

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#33re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:30pm

Oh yes, isn't that the song they sing prior to taking communion? Or am I mistaken..

there is always "what you own" A stunning song designed to encourage donations to the church. It also teaches charity..

then there is goodbye love when Mimi leaves to join a convent.. that one makes me cry every time

Updated On: 2/9/05 at 12:30 PM

paradox_error
#34re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:33pm

"Contract" is my favourite song in the whole score though...All about contracting STD's through promiscuous pre-marital sex. The only contract you should make is the one between you and god that guarantees your titheing...

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#35re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 12:47pm

**wipes tear from eye**

Seasons of God has to be my favorite.. "525,600 minutes how do dedicate your life to God?"

I have never learned so many valuable lessons as I have from Lent.. Such strong moral values, incorperated with an amazing score.. Excuse me I need to go to confession now.. I jay-walked this morning..

Updated On: 2/9/05 at 12:47 PM

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#36re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:00pm

I don't know which Lent you people are observing...uplifting?!?

I have already been scolded this morning for "indulging" in a doughnut!

Granted, it was by my boss, who is a clergy person and is fasting today and I did it in front of him, but still, uplifting Lent is not!

; )

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

Jon
#37re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:12pm

"We're living in A-me-ri-ca...
On the eve of the A -po-co-lypse..."

Dollypop
#38re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:13pm

We're talking about LENT: THE MUSICAL.

Jessica Simpson has just signed on as Mimi and Marie Osmond will star in the tour.

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#39re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:17pm

Oh Yay!! Jessica Simpson is my hero.. I hope to one day be just like her..

who is Marie slated to play? Joanne? the Bishops wife?

Dollypop
#40re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:22pm

Well, Jessica Simpson was a virgin until she married Nick? Is that why she's your hero? Is that why you want to be just like her? Can a gal be "re-virginized"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Updated On: 2/9/05 at 02:22 PM

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#41re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:25pm

**blink blink**

Ummm well, I was hoping.. I know you can be a born again Christian, cant you be a born again virgin??

**looks hopeful**

TheWinnerTakesItAll
#42re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 2:45pm

As someone new to this board and been lurking around, I must say this thread is inappropriate.

I am a Lutheran, going to school for pastoral counseling for senior citizens, Kerry voting, a Speech & Drama MAJOR and Music MINOR, can sing quite a variety of show tune scores, seeing "Sweet Charity" on Saturday, man AND woman loving LIBERAL!!! However, to see all these put downs of religion, and then blaming people NOT EVEN associated with the extreme religious right, is pathetic.

I have gay friends who I love and support in marriage unions. I am very active in social causes. However, to see all the blatant ignorance being spewed about people who are Christians is ridiculous.

You all gripe about tolerance and acceptance of others, yet if someone says, "I have faith"... you jump down their throats!! I happen to belong to a very liberal Lutheran church where my pastor accepts gays and lesbians, as does the congregation. I'm proud to go to a church with a social conscience, and to have a leader like my pastor who is open with his politics from the pulpit! As being bisexual myself and being a person of faith, I value my background and who I've become.

So, if you wanna bitch about how all Christians are evil, take a look at what you're saying about others. Don't judge someone on the term "Christian".... there's a difference between EXTREME RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN and moderate to liberal Christian, especially in specific denominations. Try looking beyond the term and seeing the person instead. Not all of us are evil!!

Now, back to Broadway......

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#43re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 3:01pm

Wow, the assumptions in that last post.. whos to say we aren't christians as well?? My take is if you can't laugh at yourself you have no right laughing at others..

Dollypop
#44re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 5:45pm

I'm a practicing Catholic and believe in a good laugh. Believe me, there is much about Christianity (and the way people perceive it) to poke fun at. It doesn't mean we're disrespectful; it just means that we're aware that no mortal institution is perfect.

Now, back to our production of LENT: all the tickets are shaped like crosses. (I hope this comment doesn't make WinnerTakes cross!)

TheWinnerTakesItAll2
#45re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 6:40pm

Dollypop, et al!!

I realized that this post came off as "preachy" (how ironic). I re-thought and please accept my apology. It's the first week of classes and I'm ready to throw my books at whoever walks by!!

I love the theatre (even MAMMA MIA *ducks*), and it would be amusing to see a show called "Lent" if it existed and get theologians of all denoms in an uproar.

And I'm sorry you're Catholic!! re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?

I'd see it if they served communion at intermission!!

And I am going to "Sweet Charity" this weekend, and hope to meet Denis O'Hare and tell him he's an inspiration!!

I love all various posts and the humor here is abundant. Sorry, again, I just had stress issues.

Peace to all!!!

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#46re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 7:40pm

Well i don't really think that Jessica simpson should play Mimi!!I think Marie osmand would be great in it..but Jessica Simpson.

brandonm
#47re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/9/05 at 7:52pm

is it actually possible to have a christian version of rent and still have a story line similar to Rent?

"Let the little girl go, and that poor little dog? Dodo." That's my favorite line in the whole show (Wicked). My next favorite line is "Oh! It seems the artichoke is steamed."

camerangel Profile Photo
camerangel
#48re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 3:05pm

It's all good WinnerTakes!! It happens!

We definately should have the breaking of the bread at intermission.. And also we need to have confessionals set up..

Updated On: 2/10/05 at 03:05 PM

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#49re: A 'Christian' Version of RENT?
Posted: 2/10/05 at 4:25pm

Seriously.... I haven't laughed so hard in my entire life. *wipes away tear* Wow. :)

Where can I find out more info about the show??

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

Videos