pixeltracker

FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)- Page 2

FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#25re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 10:57pm

OK....someone be a geek and write out a list of all the different CR's on this Music thing, lol.

They do have Idina's Still I Can't Be Still - which is currently out of print, and will suffice until I can find it for cheap. No 29.99 BS.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#26re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:02pm

THE FULL MONTY Cast Recording is locked - listen only. No burning.

I'll still be purchasing Last Five Years and Bernstein's Peter Pan.

I'm glad they had Brooklyn. I had been intriqued about it, but never enough to purchase the CD.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#27re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:04pm

So, to burn, whether or not you are using the free trial or the paid subscription, you have to pay $.99

Updated On: 6/29/05 at 11:04 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#28re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:06pm

No - everything is free in the trial, even to burn.

They don't have Miss Saigon. re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#29re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:07pm

No, I just tried to burn and it said $.99 per track in addition to the subscription (which was free)...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#30re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:09pm

Oh? Well - still a bargain!

--Aristotle

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#32re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:43pm

I'm sure there's some way to override that, by not burning the CD directly from AOL's program. The files are probably saved somewhere else on your computer and you can take them from that. I found ways around iTunes limit awhile ago when I had to make CDs for my entire class for a project, and 25 burns (plus a few screw-ups) is definitely over their limit.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#33re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:44pm

Find AOLs loop-hole, orange!

We're all counting on you!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#34re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:50pm

I don't have AOL anymore, sorry. Although, this almost does make me consider ripping one of those 1000 Free Hours CDs off my ceiling and using it to take advantage of their system, then break it off as soon as the month is up.

Ask me again tomorrow, I may break down overnight re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#35re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/29/05 at 11:57pm

BREAK DOWN!

I went looking, couldn't find it.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#36re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:14am

AOL sucks.
I did that for 30 days too.. then called to cancel..
I spent 2 hours with that frikin AOL guy trying to tell him
I don't want that service anymore. He didn't listen and wanted to charge me more for upgrades and such.. but he did cancel it after like 2 hours of talking.. re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#37re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 12:30am

how are people finding the shows? I have to hunt really hard to get anything.

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#38re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 8:27pm

Any new developments? Is there anyway to keep the music without paying a dollar per song to burn it or $8.99 a month?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#39re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 8:36pm

Thenardier! YOU STOLE ONE OF MY FORMER AVATARS!

--Aristotle

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#40re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 8:46pm

if the songs you download play on your soundcard you can just download a sound recorder and record the songs... then you can do whatever you want with them. I have a sound recorder that is supposed to record things from cassette tapes and LPs but it also records sound from DVDs and CDs and audio files, so if they're not letting you burn the songs, just record them...

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#41re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 8:49pm

I have a mini disk player which I believe might work as it just lets me record, and then it allows me to insert breaks between songs, I just need to work up the motivation to break it out and try...

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#42re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:34pm

For those interested this has both Chenoweth CDS, All Shook Up (easiest to find if you look under cheyenne jacksons name),company, and the secret garden...

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#43re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 10:37pm

capn - I must say, I don't remember it...I stole this off the website.

Cyril Ritchard was my first favorite star. So many embarrassing stories.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#44re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 6/30/05 at 11:49pm

Anyone have a listing of the albums available?

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#45re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 7/1/05 at 12:04am

How does this support our favorite Broadway shows? Geesh...buy a freaking cd.

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#46re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 7/1/05 at 12:09am

I have HUNDREDS of cast albums (there's a thread around here somewhere...) but if there's something on there I don't have....

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Blucat5002 Profile Photo
Blucat5002
#47re: FREE, LEGAL Downloads of Broadway Music! (AOL users only)
Posted: 7/1/05 at 12:23am

Closest I've found to a list is if your in search music, click on the browse for artist A-Z link then browse artist by music style and there is actually a cast recording/ cabaret genre...and that lists all the artists in that genre

Videos