pixeltracker

Corniest Musical idea you can think of...- Page 2

Corniest Musical idea you can think of...

Mythus
#25re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:21pm

Terminator- The Musical

My group had to do that for a skit at my school's yearly Improv-a-thon. It was hilarious. Actually, it wasn't a musical, it was more of an opera, since it was all sung through. Most of the tune was made up as we went along. Only the ensemble parts had melodies. It was ground-breaking. The ensemble made up the set and the background music and also sound effects (chanting "Liquid metal liquid metal liquid metal liquid metal" in the background when the liquid metal guy came, making the "beeeeoooooo" sound for the rocket launcher, making up the machine that comes down on the Terminator at the end of the first movie, et cetera). We did the first and second movie in about ten minutes, since we figured the third one was just too confusing.

Wow, that was a complete threadjack. Back on topic. The corniest musical idea I can think of would be two guys hiking in the Scottish highlands who come upon this magical town that only appears every 100 years. One of the hikers falls in love with a girl in town but he decides not to stay. Then he gets lonely and goes back and the power of their love brings the town back!

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#26re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/7/05 at 11:42pm

brdwaybound -- Cannibal the Musical, as a movie, at any rate, is HILARIOUS. You need to have a strong stomach for some of the scenes, but there are some GREAT songs in it: Schpadoinkle (you will have that in your head for the rest of the day if you see this), When I Was On Top Of You (sung to a horse), and Hang the Bastard - all very funny.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#27re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:02am

Someone mentioned Dukes of Hazard... (btw, movie any good? for those who have seen it..)

Well on the car topic

The Fast and The Furious! Haha, now that would be funny.

Hmm and actually, how about scary movies or thriller movies. Amityville Horror or something, lol. Or for like Thrillers... something like Constantine (just recently rented and saw that 2 weeks ago).

I hope noone ever makes these ideas reality... it'll be horrible. This post is something directors should read and no what not to do.

Derek
#28re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:29am

JAWS-the musical

jwsel
#29re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:33am

The Smurfs: The Musical. You wanted corny. It could be saved by the casting: Kristen Chenowith as Smurfette, Adam Pascal as Brainy Smurf, and Nathan Lane as Papa Smurf.

Other options:

The Life and Times of Lawrence Welk
Mr. Rogers: The Musical
Leave it to Beaver: The Musical

Dukes of Hazzard was one I mentioned in the worst idea for a film to become a musical thread. For some reason, I still can't shake the image of The A-Team: The Musical from that thread.

JayKid Profile Photo
JayKid
#30re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 12:43am

Fantasic 4 the musical!

I could so see The Thing having a ballad about the way he looks after his wife just straight leaves him (that b*tch)

But yea, that would be horrible, funny though... the effects would have to amazing.

Wormlett
#31re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 1:29am

The life and times of Donald Trump- because we haven't had enough of him yet.
Or imagine this, an Oscar the Grouch Operetta, starring michael jackson with the kids.
Or maybe even better, a sequel to WICKED, that takes place when Elphaba seems bad...oh wait. nvm. i take that back.

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#32re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:05am

HELEN! the Musical
featuring the hit song "LUDfksdknt"

STARRING:

Daisy Egan as Helen Keller
Idina as Anne Sullivan
Terrance Mann as Captian Keller
Sheri Rene Scott as Kate Keller

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#33re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:10am

Daisy Egan is a little old but at least she would be working

Starburst
#34re: Corniest Musical idea you can think of...
Posted: 8/8/05 at 2:42am

Reality: the Musical. 10 people chosen each night to sit on a Broadway stage for 2 and a half hours. Totally spontaneous. No scripts. Musical numbers would be popular one-hit-wonders throughout the ages everyone knows at least the chorus to. Never the same show twice.

Videos