News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JayKid

JayKid Profile Photo
Member Name: JayKid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How The Wedding Singer Can Be Fixed
 Feb 26 2006, 10:11:57 PM
This sucks... I was hoping it'd be a good show But all these reviews make it seem bad.

I am gonna see this regardless cuz Stephen Lynch is the man and is so funny, but hopefully it can be changed. I really like dthe movie and I don't wanna have stupid cheap humor and 80s jokes thrown at me left and right, while the plot goes out the window. Eh, whatever, we'll see when it comes to NY.

re: College Major... what is or was yours?
 Nov 30 2005, 05:35:14 PM
Yea, 23 credits an hour is a bit much lol, I need 17 a semester and than 16 for another semester (graduating a semester late) to get 152 credits so I can cut my work experience down a year after (hopefully) passing my CPA. It's really just 15 credits in liberal arts, a business elective and 2 accounting courses added to the normal accounting degree-and i feel it's worth the year less experience. I might need it anyway though depending on what NY plans to do with the reqs on accounting, we'll s
re: Would RENT still be RENT if.....
 Nov 13 2005, 03:59:35 PM
Also, a Cuban can be completely white as well. Considering I am 50% (Dad is 100%) and his side of the family was born there and completely white. Since a lot of hispanics were originally from Spain. Then mixed...

So that line doesn't need to be changed period. Hispanic people can be white, black or inbetween.

And anyway, I agree with everyone else, I don't think it matters.

re: Lord of the Rings Musical
 Nov 5 2005, 04:23:27 PM
This show is iffy... still wondering how well they will do. The music has to be great and the set and costumes have to be amazing to pull it off right. Since this show has a great story and you NEED to allow the audience to see what their imagination draws out when reading the book (look at the movie). I really just think this show isn't one that can be bare with simple set/costumes. I dunno, just my opinion...

I read the books, and loved them, the world you imagined with the great

re: When does Norbert Leo Butz leave DRS?
 Nov 5 2005, 04:18:43 PM
Yea, the rest of the cast is supposively redoing their contracts this january as well, staying a bit longer. Except Lithgow, he's leaving the 8th of Jan, and Johnathon Pryce will be replacing him.

Definetly see it with Norbert, he's hilarious... or at least I thought so.

re: Who has the most posts...?
 Nov 1 2005, 11:11:22 PM
669!!!

I was so close with two of my guess, only 8 off with one of em. :)

Well, I'll reach 1,000 soon enough. Only another 31 til 700.

Curious, how come we don't have post counts showing to everyone (like near your av or something, like other messageboards)??

re: Does anyone know how to get those away messages that stay up while IMin
 Oct 31 2005, 04:43:59 PM
thanks
re: OT: Wall of Playbills
 Oct 31 2005, 12:22:33 PM
I put some up, yay!

I'm curious, will the pressure of the plastic (or glass, but I have plastic). Cause the playbill to stick???

I just really don't want to when say in a year, or whenever I decide to take the playbill out, the playbill to be stuck to it. And especially with any autographed ones, I want the autograph to not like come off.

So has anyone had there playbills in a frame for a while and taken them out? Any problems at all?

Also I have like a dif

re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
 Oct 30 2005, 11:13:42 PM
To all the people against this idea - you are all retarded.

There is no reason for this not to be done. MAYBE it would be better to only have the videos sold after the show, so it is only for memory sake, or for those who weren't fortunate enough tos ee the show.

However... I think doing it while the show is still on is fine as well.

If you want to see live theatre, go see live theatre!

I agree that you need to see it live to truly get the experience. It m

re: John Jithgow singing on soup commercial.
 Oct 29 2005, 03:26:03 AM
I thought John was great in DRS... he might not have an amazing voice, but he does the best he can and he pulls everything off well. I thought he did a great job, whether he has the best voice or not, his part doens't even need an amazing voice anyway, so whatever.

Just in response to the John hate. I do understand that he's not a good singer, but he can put on a great performance so that's all that matters really.

And nope, never seen the commercial.

re: Spelling Bee or Light in the Piazza?
 Oct 29 2005, 03:19:47 AM
yea, and the seats are good for students... or at least I thought so. I got seats on the balcony, centerish (bit right) and like 2nd row there. It was great and got to see everything. Since it's a bit hard in some seats (front row orch for example) to see parts of the stage... since it's a quarter stage, or whatever you call the ones that have kind of 2 downstage areas almost and are like a quarter cirlce/square.

Anywayz, go with Piazza, it was good and losing soon, but DEFINETLY see

re: Spelling Bee or Light in the Piazza?
 Oct 28 2005, 09:47:08 PM
I don't know... I've only seen Piazza which was great. It was full of emotion and had a pretty good story (the horse thing was weird, only people who have seen it now what I am talking about). I had a great time seeing the show though, BUUUTT...

I've heard lots of great things about Spelling Bee, and it seems hiarlious. The cast is supposed to be great and the everyone loves the show.

However, everyone loves both shows!!

I'd say depends on if what kinda show you wan

re: HELP!! Type casting
 Oct 28 2005, 09:14:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it happens... deal with it. More people are type casted than not type casted.

I'd suggest you just learn to get better and better at the roles that are similar to yourself, if anything, it will make you a better actor anyway.

Another thing you must understand, when you are ANY character, the way you must play this character is to relate off YOUR EXPERIENCES and YOURSELF to play that character believably. So whether you are like the character or not, yo

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Movie
 Oct 28 2005, 09:07:00 PM
on the line of dane cook...

stephen lynch, I think he'd do a much better job. He's really funny and can sing well too.

Also, I agree with Jack Black more than anyone, he has that craziness about him that would make it work well, and he can also sing.

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Movie
 Oct 28 2005, 05:07:54 PM
Was gonna say... there is a movie...

But yea, Nobert is perfect in the part, he does such a great job. I dunno who could replace him.

re: LaChiusa 'The Wild Party' in LA...AMAZING!
 Oct 28 2005, 03:00:20 AM
How is this show compared to Lippa's version???
re: Jonathan Pryce- The New Lawrence in DRS?
 Oct 28 2005, 02:24:22 AM
^You are right... the person in your icon told me so lol.

And I think I'm going to take his word for it seeing as he is a part of the show lol.

re: Jonathan Pryce- The New Lawrence in DRS?
 Oct 28 2005, 02:24:22 AM
^You are right... the person in your icon told me so lol.

And I think I'm going to take his word for it seeing as he is a part of the show lol.

re: DRS Question
 Oct 28 2005, 02:20:49 AM
Yea, he's leaving the 8th and Jonathon Pryce is stepping. I was actually talking to Greg at the stage door after I saw DRS (really ncie guy) and he seems to have good expectations Jonathon Pryce, so I think he'll be great.
Best Show You've Seen Recently...
 Oct 28 2005, 02:01:00 AM
So out of the past few months, or whatever you consider recently, what is the best show you've seen (Broadway, however if it was an off or off off or whatever production it was, mention that)?

My favorite would have to be DRS

Seen Spamalot and The Light in The Piazza and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels recently (saw some other shows, but not Broadway) and DRS is my favorite, it was so funny. I heard some friends tlel me they saw it without Norbert there and I honestly don't think it'd

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You