pixeltracker

Quick "Bare" Question (SPOILER!!!)- Page 2

Quick "Bare" Question (SPOILER!!!)

magic8ball Profile Photo
magic8ball
#25re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/8/05 at 2:15pm

voiceanth, "Bare" got lots and lots of positive press. I'll totally switch sides and support you if you can link me to one legitimate news source that trashes the show.

"Goodness is rewarded. Hope is guaranteed. Laughter builds strong bones. Right will intercede. Things you've said I often find I need, indeed. I see the world through your eyes. What's black and white is colorized. The knowledge you most dearly prized I'm eager to employ. You said that life has infinite joys."

Jwaa
#26re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/8/05 at 5:29pm

well i like it, dont see why i should care about one other persons opinion...i dislike Les Mis but tahts a personal thing.
x

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#27re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/8/05 at 8:56pm

BTW, mesmerized24601, I think that when he sings "It's not something I can be, it's not ok, not for me," he's just saying that that's what society and his parents are making him feel. I don't think that it was mainly his issue of his own self-acceptance. He also sings, "I know this world can have a place for us."

And while he was there when they sang about the effects, that may not have been to show that he knew them, but just to further set up that the drugs were what killed him. I don't know. . . I still haven't made up my mind on if it was completely intentional or not. Updated On: 9/8/05 at 08:56 PM

mesmerized24601 Profile Photo
mesmerized24601
#28re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/8/05 at 10:32pm

yeah maybe so like I said it was just my humble opinion, gosh now I really want to know what the writers would say, I guess we will never know for sure.

...and still you hold on, to every old song... - Adam Pascal

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#29re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/8/05 at 11:29pm

Ha, you make it sound like the writers died many, many years ago.

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#30re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/9/05 at 2:22am

I listend to it again the other night actually a concept cd of it. I think it sounds more like its to parallel R and J.

But in the ATA version, later in that confession jason says something like "I was always thought this was wrong, if wither of my parents knew about it they would die."

fast forward a bit to "2 households" while Jason and Peter are talking
J- I talked to father about us
P- really and
J-what if we escaped this peter you and I ran away just never looking back
P-I cant hide anymore I cant hide
j-just think about it please we could leave right now
p-jason
takes drug

I think it says he kills himself because they wont be together after this
thats just me

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#31re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/9/05 at 3:46am

After his break down with the priest, I thought it was obvious Jason meant to die. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how it could have been interpreted as an accident.

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#32re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/9/05 at 4:36pm

It never officially says that it is on purpose and it could have just been an accidental overdose.
If he really wanted to kill himself, why would he have even gone to do the show? I don't think that people who are suicidal try to stage their death in front of a bunch of people.

courtneyanne Profile Photo
courtneyanne
#33re: Quick 'Bare' Question (SPOILER!!!)
Posted: 9/9/05 at 4:58pm

I still don't think the overdose was unintentional, he knew how much he was taking. Perhaps Jason went to the show with the sole purpose of asking Peter to run away with him, and made the decision to take his own life after Peter rejects him. That is how I interpreted it, anyway.

I don't understand why, if he didn't plan on dying, he would take so much of the drug. To be ****ed-up during Romeo & Juliet? What would that accomplish? Especially after Sister Chantelle had stressed how perfect she wanted the show to turn out.

Videos