News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for badkarma719

badkarma719 Profile Photo
Member Name: badkarma719
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Texas House Bill 2649- Dealing with Lighting Design
 May 27 2009, 05:33:49 PM
I would assume so, however your schools electrician would have to be the one who designs the lights for the shows... and let me tell you. You do not want that, my high school had it that way till I became the LD my junior year, he may know about overloading circuits but about the ability of an instruments or the use of color with them... no... all instruments were un-geled till I started doing it.

engineers, architects, electricians, and interior designers are knowledgeable in their fi

Texas House Bill 2649- Dealing with Lighting Design
 May 27 2009, 05:25:13 PM
IALD and other Lighting Design organizations are in an uproar over this bill. Anyone on TX please call the governor and tell him to not allow this to pass.
most of us found out about this through people on twitter

This bill was put through with no input from those in the lighting design field.

Jim on Light Blog said

I just got information from John Baker in Houston about Texas House Bill 2649. I don?t know what your feelings are on this, but it deserves a read. I

Looking for a Script
 Apr 4 2009, 06:38:14 PM
Hey all,

I am working on a set design for La Cage aux Folles for my scenic design class.

I was wondering if anyone had any a script they could let me use for it.

just let me know
dhyde84@gmail.com

re: What ever happened to...
 Jul 19 2008, 03:51:47 AM
thanks to all for your answers

I cant wait to see the videos

and awesome pics thnks

What ever happened to...
 Jul 15 2008, 11:53:12 PM
John Hill
you know the understudy for THE BOY FROM OZ that never went on stage, the guy who did the ATA production of Bare and played Jason (who many of us loved seeing in his 2xist nightly) and originated Fender in Hairspray

what happened to him
I mean his website is off line and everything

and boy do I sure miss his stories about his pet camel

re: Herman Discuss 'Dolly' Revival, possible Dollys
 Jul 15 2008, 11:51:02 PM
so I wanted to chime into this one

someone said it a few years back

and I think it needs to come out of the closet

"Carol Channing could always come back and do the BEFORE I DIE tour"

was that mean
sorry I didnt write it originally

re: The 62nd Tony Awards Megathread
 Jun 15 2008, 09:04:37 PM
SOOOO....

I had to work tonight and just got off work, but for some unknown reason I thought they started at 9

I even set my VCR to record them

but It JUST started recording

anyone have a digital version of them
I really just want the numbers

if so PLEASE EMAIL ME

dhyde84@hotmail.com

thanks everyone

re: The Strike: Fire them!
 Nov 13 2007, 04:43:57 PM
Someone said it earlier on this thread, you need to be better ejamacated before you start posting your complaints about you life sized problems over something that is out of your control, Johny plan your trip at a later date, or instead of just seeing your friends show, spend some time with them instead hanging out around the city. I have a few friends that work on broadway and would love to have a chance to spend time with them when I come up but because of their theatre schedule and my things
re: Bare: The Complete Studio Recording
 Nov 4 2007, 02:59:54 AM
I just got paid on Fri and went cashed my check and then found somewhere to get a CC from, so I orderd mine the site now says its on its second batch which is different from saying it will be 3 to 4 weeks..

LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL BARE FAMILY THREAD
I miss the hundred page thread that went on from the ATA showing to the cancelation of the Dogers show and after

FG AND FB if your out there PM ME

re: A good show for a small theatre group?!?!
 Nov 3 2007, 04:08:21 AM
This just isn't true. The prices all differ immensely based on the number of performances you're doing, the number of seats in your theatre, the ticket price, the level of production... there is no "set price" for a title, per show.

I think that was the point I was trying to make that the prices were not set for one show but changes with each one and seats and what not

re: 'Wicked' on Ugly Betty - Fake Lobby!
 Nov 1 2007, 08:52:15 PM
so it was established that it ws filmed in the LA theatre for Wicked, my questions is I know its TV but why is Galinda's bubble down at the end of Act 1
 Nov 1 2007, 06:29:38 PM
Different companies charge different amounts for shows
best example I can give when I talked to Sam French a few years back about Grease, it was less then 100 a show, they also have Rocky, which for a smaller theatre was 400 a show, Little Shop(MTI) was around 450 a show, I sing! qute was less then 80 a show, still waiting from the company with the rights to Jerry Springer and the other company with Bare, Zanna Dont, and All Shook Up.

Plays are always much more cheaper royalty wise

Oct 29 2007, 11:08:23 PM
the school just did Forever Plad like 2 years ago and it was hell on earth to pay the royalties for it and the Fantastics was just done at a local theatre, the guy who played the main boy in it now goes to our school, he cant sing a note, so he will instist that if we do that one he gets cast as that role again, and our group being how it is will agree. so to make a long story short as much as I love the Fantastics no
A good show for a small theatre group?!?!
 Oct 29 2007, 02:29:49 AM
So guys I need your help

My college theatre group is looking at doing a musical in the next year. We have bounced back a lot of shows but it seems that we just dont have the budget to do a show thats a little off base or the amount of talent needed to pull it off acting wise (we are fine design wise) from other show. Urinetown, Bare, Rocky Horror, We Will Rock You.

the cost of a show royalties is just so huge for us to spend on it.

We Will Rock You is only avalible i

re: Legally Blonde: What do you guys think?
 Dec 26 2006, 07:52:28 PM
where are you all coming up with the demos and such, I know broadway.com has the video, is there something I should know about otherwise

re: Question about the Tony's
 Dec 26 2006, 07:14:12 PM
How much are tickets to the Tony's

is that understandable

re: Should Broadway Have a Ratings System
 Dec 26 2006, 07:12:42 PM
I think it would be better to add those little electronic hand devices that are used in polling for "who wants to be a millionaire" and after the bows someone makes an announcment that before you leave please rate the show, if for some reason a show falls below something like 25% for more then a month, it must close no excusses. Thats a better rating system, then everyone can see how an audience feels about the show and if its worth the time and money to spend on it.
Question about the Tony's
 Dec 26 2006, 07:02:52 PM
I am wanting to go this year, I know that they do sell the tickets like the day that the nominations are made, but I was wondering around how much they usually cost. any help on this would be a great help.
re: What Act I ending made you cry the most?
 Nov 25 2006, 07:02:05 PM
Rent always makes me cry for some reason
and I almost cried at All Shook Up
just because I felt that the music was dealing with so many more eliments then it origanally intended

re: Natalie Joy Johnson's on Broadway in...
 Nov 24 2006, 06:33:30 PM
Just to add a note to those who didn't know who Natalie Joy Johnson was....

Michael Arden, John Hill, Adam Fleming, Aaron Loure, and Jenna Lee Green were also in Bare: a pop opea together. and I personally think Bare was a more real then Rent because it closed the show on a more unhappy note.

anyother questions PM me, I can help you with just about anything.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You