pixeltracker

What musicAL do you most relate to?- Page 2

What musicAL do you most relate to?

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#25re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 3:16am

RENT probably. Just because I'm an art student who is positive that art is where her future lies in and that being said, I will most likely end up living the "bohemian life" somewhere and so I've always been able to relate to RENT in that sense.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#26re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 3:21am

I would say Sondheim's "Company" because its view on couples and love is so much like I see things. Also, "Sunday In The Park With George" because I think most artists find ourselves struggling to connect with others in real life and not specifically through our art.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Audryna Profile Photo
Audryna
#27re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 4:40am

Man of La Mancha

There's a fine line between being mad as a hatter and a hopeless dreamer. Seeing the world as what it could be and not as it is sounds like a good idea to me; may be very dillusional but still a damn fine idea!

"It takes considerable knowledge to realise the extent of your own ignorance." Thomas Sowell

Musical_nerd Profile Photo
Musical_nerd
#28re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 8:51am

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. I'm a little older, being a teenager, but I still feel pressure from my parents to be perfect at everything.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#29re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:01am

A Little Night Music.

The way we can see love and romance through the eyes of youth, the middle-aged, and the old in this show... is nothing short of remarkable. It's one of life's great mysteries, and I love watching these characters of all ages trying to figure it all out.

I first got to know the show as a "youth" when I played Henrik. I'm now closer to Frederik's age.

Someday I'll be a Madame Armfeldt, sitting in my high-backed chair wondering what the hell happened to everybody. Can't wait.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 11/10/05 at 10:01 AM

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#30re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:06am

Avenue Q- as previously said "laugh at yourself, don't take things so seriously". I've actually been trying to consciencly trying to do that and it actually works! Also the idea that 'everything in life is only for now' is an important theme to keep in mind...

Gypsy- I connect with the whole idea of how much a parent can have influence over decisions you make in life.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
Updated On: 11/10/05 at 10:06 AM

fiatlux
#31re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:14am

Company - first there was the commitment thing (or lack of it) and then there was the equivocal feelings when in a relationship....I'm looking forward to the lunches next....

(Company had such an effect on a friend of mine who played Amy in a production that I directed, that she had Being Alive sung at her wedding....oy)

bta212 Profile Photo
bta212
#32re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:26am

I'm with Sum and Ray--Sunday in the Park. How to function as an artist--which really can sonsume your whole life--and yet maintain relationships. How NOT to see as an artist when it's too exhausting. Based on Link's post, I'm curious about Tick, Tick Boom. Never saw it.

Also, with regard to the aging process that best12 mentioned--"Merrily" was just great lyrics and music for me for many years. I saw it at NYU a few weeks ago, and I find it full of food for thought.

"They have never understood, and no reason that they should. But if anybody could . . . " --SS

kasim Profile Photo
kasim
#33re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:45am

Aida .... cause .. well i am arab and so are they :-p

In all honesty, no clue. Maybe sweeny todd :)

Videos