What musicAL do you most relate to?

Over_the_Moon
#0What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:10pm

Not musical character, what musical?

For me it's Seussical.

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

C is for Company
#1re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:15pm

That picture looks more like something out of In My Life

DamnYankees101
#2re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:18pm

YAGMCB. Don't ask me why but I do..and I actually RENT if you minus the homelessness..

rose&lark
#3re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:20pm

RENT, because I've often wondered and struggled with the idea of giving up true passion for safety.

Q: What is the most weirdest or funniest thing a fan has asked you? Joe Flanigan, Stargate Atlantis: When a fan asked me for help with his grammar. I'm available.

ashley0139
#4re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:23pm

I can't actually say I know of any. The plots of musicals are so extraordinary, and my life is just... ordinary. I haven't tried to integrate America (Hairspray) or fought against an oppresive government (Les Mis) or died in a tomb with the one person I could ever be with (Aida). Maybe I have to think more outside the box. re: What musicAL do you most relate to?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

GClef2 Profile Photo
GClef2
#5re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:25pm

John and Jen...
My sister and I are so close, it's amazing. No matter where I go in life, I know, in a way, she'll be near. The funny thing is, I've never told her this, and it's kind of funny writing it all down. She's amazing. Also, in context with the show, I've struggled with the acceptence of my father. This peice is so close to my heart because, I truly relate to each sentiment in it's plot.

"The only way we live beyond our lives is to connect and carve ourselves into the souls of those we love." -Little Fish

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#6re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:26pm

Must agree rent as well , cus i know whats it's like to struggle to do what u love

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#7re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:26pm

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
Updated On: 11/9/05 at 07:26 PM

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#8re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:29pm

The thing with RENT though is that you have to be careful what you say, especially on this board cause you really never know who's really living a life more like RENT...not even considering fight for love, etc..

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#9re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 8:05pm

Well, I'd say that the reason why I relate to "Sweeney Todd" so much is that sometimes, when I'm really mad at someone, I'll kill them and have my girlfriend turn them into people pot pies.

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#10re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 8:06pm

LOL! Brilliant!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#11re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 9:36pm

I don't really know. I really relate to Sunday in the Park With George. There are so many aspects of that show it is so layered and I have just connected with it.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

chinaboy
#12re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 9:38pm

Avenue Q: Laugh at yourself, and life'll be easier.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#13re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 9:43pm

tick, tick...BOOM! about stuggling with your art and trying to balance the businessman and the artist in you.

Akiva

AspectsofLoveLover
#14re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 9:49pm

Mine honestly would have to be Miss Saigon. Everyday I am greatful for what I have at the present moment because I never know when something will be taken away from me. So I appreciate everything I have in my life and the freedom that I feel living in the United States...(Okay a little deep but hey its the truth!)

"It's telling me to hold you tight and dance like it's the last night of the world."-Miss Saigon

wickedfreak Profile Photo
wickedfreak
#15re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 10:12pm

I thnk it would have to be Phantom. I realte the the phantom character. He is always on the outside looking in. He is also a musical genius. :)

Just for the record....I do not send chandeliers at people!

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#16re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:10pm

Bare, RENT, or Prodigal.

Anyone note the common theme?

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#17re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:17pm

La Cage - because, Life just has to have some Glamour Dammit!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#18re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:19pm

Ugh, I know I suck but for me I think it may be Wicked. :/ Feeling like an outsider and wanting desperately to fit in. Who hasn't been there? And three months ago when I got sick of the corporate life, sick of living in the south and just generally unhappy I took a huge leap of faith, quit and moved north to chase a dream. It felt like defying gravity. And I couldn't have done any of it without the most wonderful best friend on the planet. She taught me to believe in myself and whenever I doubt, she reminds me. It's corny, but it's why I love it so much.

At the present moment it feels more like RENT. No insurance, no benefits, no family around, no safety net, living paycheck to paycheck...lol. I am living very close to where I have always dreamed of and doing what I love. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Over_the_Moon
#19re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:22pm

Great answers :)

I'll elaborate a little more on mine.

Seussical would be sort of because I sometimes feel like I see life in a different light than most people, and I find it hard to imagine anyone seeing the world the same way I do.

"Oh the world would be something new,
If they noticed a thing or two,
The way I notice you."

Also, I'm forever a Gertrude McFuzz. Striving to be as pretty and loved as everyone else, and wishing HE would notice me.

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

hypertruffle
#20re: What musical do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:42pm

A Little Night Music.

I guess this is the closest I can think of. Now, there's so much hig school drama happening now. Somehow, in the many tangles of some group, I end up playing the role of Desireé. Keep in mind that I don't ask for it.

I guess I have that flare.

:EDIT: Decided to elaborate.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve
Updated On: 11/9/05 at 11:42 PM

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#21re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/9/05 at 11:44pm

Thats a pretty hard question.

I guess my best answer would be just in the character of Mark in Rent...and I can't believe I just said that-haha. I have to teach my self to engage and sometimes its a rough process. I tend to try and live my life on the outside.

But I don't have aids nor am I needing to pay this years rent..although that may happen soon...oh geeze...the rent part, not the disease-whoops..

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

ChenoInTraining Profile Photo
ChenoInTraining
#22re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 12:17am

DEffinately Flora in Flora the Red Menace. Gatta love her. she never gives up.

It's good to see me isnt it!

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#23re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 12:28am

Into the Woods. I am often chased my giants and am a bit of a witch.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#24re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:02am

I would have to say Avenue Q or tick,tick BOOM!
I want to say Rent, but I know I'm FAR too suburban to say that with confidence
With Q and ttB, some of those songs are like exerpts from my diary entries.
I have often found myself struggling with the path I have choosen to take with my life and "Why" from ttB both addresses those questions and answers them.
And who HASN'T had a love affair with sugar?! re: What musicAL do you most relate to?
So many moments from Q, "Fine, Fine Line" for sure, "Purpose" too, "For Now", and especially the hospital and therapy scenes in the 2nd act. I know this isn't about relating to characters, but I can see bits of myself in almost of the Q characters, especially Kate and Rod and their struggles with finding love.
Now, Dreamgirls, Urinetown, Zanna Don't and Hairspray are also on my short list for favourite shows, but I most definately relate to Q and ttB the most.
Updated On: 11/10/05 at 01:02 AM

Videos