pixeltracker

Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?- Page 2

Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#25re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:18am

did u see them both on stage?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#26re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:36am

One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the Williams recording: there are some very strange balance and distortion problems throughout it, as if it was mixed very haphazardly. I also miss some of Chita's lower keys, which give the music a spooky, scary quality.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#27re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 6:18am

The OBC of Spider Woman is much better in my opinion. It's Rivera's show, but I also prefer the other cast members as well, because I've never been a fan of Howard McGillan. And Vanessa is okay in her recording, but I hope she was more impressive on stage, because it sounds like any of her other studio recorded tracks, not a Broadway show, which isn't entirly her fault, could be the mixing...

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

AAO26 Profile Photo
AAO26
#28re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/26/05 at 6:00pm

chita's recording and performance is superior by far...

the songs were composed for her..and vanessa -as good a pop singer as she is doesnt bring the necessary theatricality and darkness to the role...vanessa's rendition of the songs seems affected... chita is the real deal

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#29re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 11:29pm

SPIDER WOMAN - Mercury's CD with Willimas is out-of-print and getting hard to find.

RCA's OBC of MERRILY is also o/p right now awaiting reissue in a new rematered and expanded edition coming (last I heard) in Feb.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#30re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/31/05 at 2:49am

I think I would also have liked to have seen Diahann Carroll maybe do Aurora as well. I love her and would have liked to see what she brought to the role too, but that just never happened.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#31re: Merrily Off Bway or Leicester? and Spider Woman Chita or Vanessa?
Posted: 12/31/05 at 3:17am

I'd like to have seen Maria Conchita Alonso, just because she's Venezuelan like me, yay, lol, probably the only Venezuelan actress on Broadway so I'd like to have been able to judge her performance.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Videos