pixeltracker

Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway- Page 2

Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#25re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/1/06 at 3:45pm

Barefoot in the Park.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#26re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/1/06 at 7:28pm

Pizza (lincoln center theatre)
[title of show] (Vineyard Theatre)
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Imperial)
Spelling Bee (Circle in the Square)
Bridge and Tunnel (Helen Hayes)
Doubt (Kerr)

SweetQintheLights
#27re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/1/06 at 7:33pm

3 that are a MUST:

Avenue Q
Spelling Bee
Hairspray

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Madhatter Profile Photo
Madhatter
#28re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/1/06 at 7:37pm

In no order:
The Light in the Piazza
Sweeney Todd
Forbidden Broadway
Chicago
Spelling Bee

lvpblues
#29re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/2/06 at 3:30am

The Light in the Piazza
Sweeney Todd
Doubt
Spamalot

Dollypop
#30re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/2/06 at 7:52am

I saw TRYST on Friday night. It should be at the top of your list.

It's a phenomenal psychological drama and I don't want to discuss it for fear of ruining your pleasure of it. Suffice to say that it has a strong script and top-notch acting.

MUST SEE!!!!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Fiyero2 Profile Photo
Fiyero2
#31re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/2/06 at 9:31am

1. Wicked
2. Rent
3. FOrbidden Bradway: SVU (hilarious)
4. Barefoot in the Park
5. THe 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (very funny)
6. Spamalot

ENjoy!

How Do You Doent Real Life When Real Life's Getting More Like Fiction Each Day??

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#32re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/2/06 at 10:10am

FB will be back June 9th.
If you are in CA catch it. I wish I could see it with Jason Alexander.

iluvtheatertrash
#33re: Top Six Shows To See On And Off-Broadway
Posted: 4/2/06 at 11:15am

1. The Light in the Piazza
(One of the most beautiful shows performed to date. A gorgeous, sumptious score by Guettel, a stunningly-crafted book by Craig Lucas, and one of the most talented and perfect casts on Broadway.)

2. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
(Stephen Sondheim's master-work of the demon barber and the woman who bakes his victims into meat pies. John Doyle has assembled a pitch-perfect cast, with the return of one of Broadway's greatest leading ladies - Patti LuPone. A stunning new vision of this piece with actor-musicians who tell the tale of Sweeney Todd and invite you to attend it better than any other cast has or will.)

3. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
(William Finn is, in my opinion, one of today's greatest musical theater composers. He is an absolute gem. But this show has really given him the name that he deserves. A critical hit, an absolute success after a sold-out run at Second Stage, SPELLING BEE wins my award for funniest musical. Picture the strangest kids in the world all gathered on one stage competing in a spelling bee. What do you get? This absolute joy of a show.)

4. The Wedding Singer
(Forget the out-of-town buzz. This show is going to be a hit. A perfect cast from the hilarious and gorgeous Stephen Lynch to the beautiful Laura Benanti and the outstanding Amy Spanger and an absolute blast of an evening that is an ode to the 80's. While it is flawed, if you just sit back for a fun ride, you're invited back to 1985 to have a blast with the cutest couple on Broadway. The most fun I've had at a Broadway show in a long time.)

5. I Love You Because [Off-Broadway]
(A gem of a musical with a sensational cast, including Avenue Q's Stephanie D'Abruzzo. What happens when two people date each other even though they know they're complete opposites only to kill the 6 months it takes to move on from your last breakup, or rekindle that love? A wickedly funny night and an absolutely heartbreaking one, too, you're bound to fall in love with SOMEONE that night.)

6. Rabbit Hole
(Perfectly written. Perfectly direct. Perfectly acted. A seamless portrayal of a family at breaking point at the death of a son. I haven't cried this much in a long time. Weeks later, a friend and I are STILL talking about specific things in this masterwork by Lindsay-Abaire. It closes April 9th. RUN to the theater!)

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos