me3 Profile Photo
me3
#25re: Ever held a Tony Award?
Posted: 6/2/06 at 6:43pm

GIMME 5 YEARS

Dollypop
#26re: Ever held a Tony Award?
Posted: 6/2/06 at 6:47pm

I worked in several productions with Brian Dennehy on Long Island. A few years ago I visited with him in his dressing room after DEATH OF A SALESMAN on Bwy. He let me hold his Tony Award for a while. I have a picture of me, Brian and the Tony Award somewhere around this house.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#27re: Ever held a Tony Award?
Posted: 6/2/06 at 6:52pm

Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, Golden Globe, People's Choice, Pinewood Derby, Bowling... yes! And all but two were from different past winners.

...Strangely enough, no Tony. Although I do know a couple of winners.

Maybe I should call them up and ask them if I could "hold it?"

*bad idea*

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 6/2/06 at 06:52 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28re: Ever held a Tony Award?
Posted: 6/2/06 at 6:55pm

Gee a picture with a star

To quote someone, I can hardly wait

Poster Emeritus

Dover
#29re: Ever held a Tony Award?
Posted: 6/3/06 at 12:03pm

When I was in high school I got to hold one at the Cameron Mackintosh booth at the Flea Market. Don't think they do it anymore, but at the time they had a "Get your picture taken with a Tony" thing, where for $5 you could pose with one of their Tonys (I think they had a couple to choose from, I chose Phantom) and they gave you a Polaroid. It was pretty cool at the time. Still have the picture somewhere. I think that's the only time I've held one.

Last year I was in a general manager's office waiting for an interview and had your basic interview jitters, but I really wasn't worried about not getting the job (it was one of those "you come highly recommended, but first we need to meet you and make sure you're not an idiot" interviews). So I'm sitting alone in their conference room, and looking around at all the decorations, and after a few minutes, amidst the clutter of books and posters and opening night memorabilia from their various shows, I notice five or six Tonys all in a row. I shouldn't have been surprised to see them really, but even though I think the Tonys are a crock, I did have a little bit of childhood reverence and awe at being trapped in a room with a bunch of Tonys. Even if it doesn't mean you were the best whatever of that season, you still have to have done something right to get one.

But they are tiny little things. I once did a show that used a real Emmy as a prop, and that thing was HUGE! And heavy. Too big, I think, although it doesn't look so ridiculous on TV, so maybe it's the right size for the camera.

Videos