Alfre Woodard

Millie Lammoreaux
#25re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 4:43pm

We're there, Bettyboy, front row, center! See you then!

It's too early for noches.
Updated On: 6/14/06 at 04:43 PM

B'klyn Boy
#26re: Alfre Woodard
Posted: 6/14/06 at 5:25pm

Does anyone even remember how good she was in Extremities?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#27Extremities
Posted: 7/1/06 at 3:21pm

Is that the play that surrounds a woman and a rapist chained into the fireplace?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird
Updated On: 7/1/06 at 03:21 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28Extremities
Posted: 7/1/06 at 4:32pm

I am sure I saw her in For Colored Girls but she 1st caught my eye as the rape victim in LA Law during its 1st season in 1986. I can remember crying during her character's testimony. She won an Emmy for her performance.

Just give the world Love.

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#29Extremities
Posted: 7/1/06 at 4:44pm

I've been a HUGE Alfre fan since Ms. Firecracker Contest. She's amazing. I would definitely run to see her in anything she did live on stage. I agree she was totally waste on Desperate Housewives.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#30Extremities
Posted: 7/1/06 at 5:06pm

I saw Drowning Crow as well Margo--you are much kinder to the show than it deserved--it was dreadful--just bad ideas all around. I felt that perhaps the show could have worked if they had used the music industry and the conflicts in the African-American community over rap and hip-hop rather than the "theatre world" of the original source material. It just seemed quite out of touch for a mother and son to argue about theatre forms in the present. But what the hell do I know?

That being said, I think Alfre is easily the most underrated actress out there.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#31Extremities
Posted: 7/1/06 at 9:48pm

bump

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Videos