pixeltracker

See What I Wanna See love- Page 2

See What I Wanna See love

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#25re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 9/3/06 at 8:56pm

Um...is SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE a good musical? Sure. Does it have a good score? Yes. Does it deserve a pulitzer?

To quote Whitney, "Hell to the no."

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ashley0139
#26re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 9/3/06 at 8:59pm

Does every musical have to deserve a Pulitzer to be loved? People are just showing what they think of it. Doesn't have to be perfect.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#27re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:01pm

I said nothing about people loving it.

I'm merely commenting on the fact that someone suggested that the Pulitzer should have been awarded to this show.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#28re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 9/3/06 at 9:02pm

I wish i'dve seen it live.

LaChiusa has written another very good score, though I think I prefer Bernarda's

the cast is also very good. The Public is consistently doing great things. re: See What I Wanna See love

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

snl89
#29re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/11/06 at 5:02pm

um, bumping, cause I listened to it again today (for the first time in a while) and I'd forgotten JUST how kick ass it really is.

the ENTIRE CAST is just... effing brilliant. every single one of them.

(and thats seriously coming from someone who is very often *IDINA! spazz*. I mean I DO most DEF spazz over idina's amazingness in it, but I also spazz over everyone elses amazingness too- which is very rare for me)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#30re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/11/06 at 5:09pm

whoa.

overdose on "spazz" and "-ness"

calm down.

breathe... breathe... breathe... put on There Will Be A Miracle on repeat.

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed
Updated On: 10/11/06 at 05:09 PM

snl89
#31re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/11/06 at 5:17pm

lol, sorry ! I swear I'm not even hyper or anything right now... I just didn't realize how many times I was using the same words till you mentioned it! lol

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#32re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/11/06 at 11:58pm

Yeah, i too went mainly because of Idina, but that cast...wow.....so much talent.....the entire show was just brilliant. Idina in the opening number "Kesa"....words cannot describe. I just about melted in my seat. Amazing. But as much as I love her, the talent of the rest of the cast is what REALLY blew me away. Aaron Lohr is just amazing (He was the second reason I went BARE= <3)?But I must say him groping Idina was a bit awkward lol

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

tagiunagi
#33re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 3:40pm

Does anyone know why Audra didn't do this show in NY?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

Jazzysuite82
#34re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 3:53pm

Scheduling.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#35re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 3:54pm

a small threadjack...

Audra McDonald is amazing.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#36re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 4:00pm

I really enjoy this show. It's different, exciting, emotional and well cast. I certainly think it's a great show. It deserves a chance on Broadway.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

Jazzysuite82
#37re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 4:06pm

This show doesn't belong on broadway. The intimacy would be lost. It's a chamber musical and it was good where it was. Broadway doesn't mean better.

snl89
#38re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 10/14/06 at 7:20pm

yeah, I def agree :) some shows just make more sense on off broadway. Like tick tick boom is the same, and so is last 5 years. They're too intimate for broadway I think.

I WOULD absolutely kill for it to come back to off broadway though, and for a longer time! but, you know, obviously with the same cast re: See What I Wanna See love ahhh would that be amazing. And I'd finally get to actually SEE it!!

snl89
#39re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/2/06 at 10:57pm

bumping :)

I've been on such a swiws kick lately.. not really sure why.

Rising Up is currently my obsession song. everything about it is just sooo.. amazing

#40re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:25pm

i actually got to see a performance of this that a local theatre was doing , downtown cincyy..
when i found out aaron was doing this show
(im a total AaronLohr obsesserrr)
(www.freewebs.com/iloveaaronlohr)*mysite
i got the cd,, pre ordered it.
and then i saw IDINA WAS IN IT
and i was like OHMYGOD I HAVE TO GET IT
ahhh! i love it
its a little intense whenyou see it
it makes more sense when you see it
like, it all goes together

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#41re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:50pm

I love this show! Last Month it was in my CD player constantly until it got kicked out by The Last 5 Years. Mary Testa's There Will Be A Miracle is just...wow! I love Aaron Lohr's voice as the reporter and the thief. His voice on Curiosity/Prayer is amazing. All three of Idina's characters amazed me. Her Kesa,See What I Wanna See, and Coffee are extraordinary. Marc's CPA character stand out most in my mind out of his three characters. All of the performers voices are so distinct and you can hear so much emotion in their voices. I can't praise LaChiusa's score enough.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#42re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 10:53pm

love this show

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

snl89
#43re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:03pm

so listening to it again, Idina really, really amazes me in this show. I mean, they all do, but just- No More is so incredibly FIERCE. and the manic laugh in the beginning? amazing. And then I dont even know where to begin with coffee.. its just incredible and heartwrenching and she has this incredible ability to layer characters that's so rare.

And then aaron... oh lord, I said this in my original post, but seriously... he is SO GOOD. Because he creeps me out soooo incredibly much in act one. And especially watching the preview video from broadway.com, even She Looked at Me is creepy! like... just his hand movements and everything. oy. And then he's so... the opposite in act 2! his voice is so pretty and soft and everything. Amazing.

And I've really already said all this before I think, so I'll stop now before I start going through the whole cast again haha.

OH, I just have to say, I absolutely LOVE how, because their voices are all so different and unique, when they sing together it really is so musical- like as if their voices are additional intstuments. Its just really cool, because that doesn't really happen very often I dont think.

Updated On: 12/3/06 at 11:03 PM

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#44re: See What I Wanna See love
Posted: 12/3/06 at 11:05pm

"and the manic laugh in the beginning?"

Yeah that made me laugh...

Videos