pixeltracker

Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008- Page 2

Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008

wexy
#25re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 6:13pm

I'm thinking of that city in Texas:

El Paso.

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#26re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 6:33pm

id be kinda scared to see how they plan to design the ogre outfit and how theyll show Fiona switching between beautiful princess and ogre. Hopefully not like the opening of Beauty & The Beast with a body double and puff of smoke.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#27re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 6:34pm

*cries* NOT ANOTHER ONE!!!

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#28re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:05pm

Enough of this! ENOUGH!

ENOUGH!!!!!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#29re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:07pm

Another show for Bruce Vilanch....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Isabella2
#30re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:57pm

let's call disney the starbucks of broadway... they're multiplying!

EDIT: just remembered that shrek isn't disney... but whatever. this sort of crap seems to multiplying Updated On: 12/8/06 at 09:57 PM

AnythingCanHappen Profile Photo
AnythingCanHappen
#31re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 2:22am

Sick. Whatever theatre it goes to, I hope it collapses with whatever stooge thought it up smack dab in the middle.

That was rather violent I guess. But I hate the movie, why would I like the musical...

"Don't worry, it should never be seen. It's comparable to Britney's hoo-ha." - being.jeremiah in response to the High School Musical 2 logo "You look fantastic, all you need are high heels, cake and a dream." - Amneris

RentBoy86
#32re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 2:33am

This is a pretty awful idea. I feel like no matter what you do, the title character's costume is just going to be hideous and awkward. I think it has a great team behind it, so maybe they can make it more than just a "fluff kids musical" like most Disney musicals are. Maybe Tesori's score will be complex and interesting. And plus, Shrek has always been an adults cartoon disguised as a children's movie. It is seriously funny, but I feel like they shouldn't ruin a good thing.

jimnysf
#33re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 2:54am

OY! The insanity continues. Just what we need-NOT. Another movie turned into a bland kiddie show.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

neddyfrank2
#34re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 3:12am

Shrek isn't Disney

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#35re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 4:02am

I do not think the Shrek film is just like any other Disney film, it actually mocks Disney movies. The best way I believe a Shrek Broadway musical would work out is for it to mock and poke fun at the "Disney-fying" of Broadway. It'd be great if Shrek, the musical poked fun at the worst or most mediocre aspects of The Lion King, Beauty & the Beast, and Tarzan. Shrek is a satiric film, IMO it should be a satiric musical.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 12/9/06 at 04:02 AM

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#36re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 4:24am

just fyi: i didnt mention Beauty & The Beast because I thought Shrek was Disney, its just the only example of a transformation from human to beast that came to mind and in my opinion, I think its lame.

jimnysf
#37re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 5:35am

Maybe Shrek and Donkey will play their own instruments.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#38re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 6:06am

Just what Broadway needs another kiddie show!

rockfenris2005
#39re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 6:43am

O/T but... whatever happened with Julie Taymor's "Spiderman: The Musical" featuring songs by U2? :S

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#40re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 11:53am

And what happened to Jim Steinman's "Batman"?

nomdeplume
#41re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 1:51pm

Who is the lyricist?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#42re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 4:09pm

The Book writer, apparently.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

nomdeplume
#43re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 5:37pm

Apparently.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#44re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 5:53pm

"Did I sutta'?"

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

rockfenris2005
#45re: Shrek The Musical Coming to Broadway in 2008
Posted: 12/9/06 at 9:46pm

: And what happened to Jim Steinman's "Batman"

Warner Bros. canned it because of Vampires' failure. I have several of the demos up at "the site"

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Videos