News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mistress_Spouzic

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Member Name: Mistress_Spouzic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.crosetdesign.info
Blog Address:
Profile: Just ask me, geez.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Devil's Carnival TONIGHT  Apr 26 2012, 12:38:15 PM

The Devil's Carnival is a movie-musical premiering at Times Scare tonight. Actors Briana Evigan (Step Up 2), Terrance Zdunich (Repo! The Genetic Opera) and director Darren Lynn Bousman (SAW) will all be there. I'm going.

Call me a shill, for this, I am. =)

What way will the 2012 Best Actress Tony go?  Feb 15 2012, 05:12:41 PM
Saw Venus In Fur last week and thought Nina Arianda had the award in the bag. Just an amazing roller coaster of emotions, accents... insanely talented girl.

Audra McDonald also killing it in Porgy and Bess.

It's Official: Jeremy Jordan to Star in NEWSIES on Broadway  Jan 12 2012, 02:08:33 PM
Very excited for this one. I didn't make it to see it at Papermill and I LOVE the movie.
THIS PORGY AND BESS IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST.....  Jan 12 2012, 02:06:43 PM
Well, I went last night and I enjoyed it. I'd never seen it before so I can't speak much to the changes. I liked the duet, which I realize isn't usually a duet.

The bad would be...
-- The dancing, aside from one scene at the picnic, it seemed really awkward. Do people really dance at funerals?
-- The set was just there and I'm a visual person so I wanted more. A window to blow away or something??
-- Ok, I'm disabled and totally biased but some of those Porgy lines made me

Selling Playbills & Other Stuff  Dec 9 2011, 06:52:35 PM
Hey Folks,

I'm going to be selling some stuff over the next few weeks! Please check out my ebay page. Right now I've got a Light In The Piazza program, a signed South Pacific Playbill, a signed Hamlet Playbill, Hugh Jackman Playbill, a postcard from Lance Bass and some Broadway Show League jerseys.

More to come next week!

Is very upset on the way ads, images of shows and stars are now ALWAYS photo shopped...  Jun 22 2011, 10:42:20 PM
I was going to say maybe its intentially stylized for the show, but if its just her normal headshot then *shrug* its just poorly done!
'Catch Me if You Can' yesterday  May 10 2011, 01:26:38 AM
Seeing it in 2 weeks, I have high hopes! I love so many of the people involved.
BWW TV: Marc Shaiman's Pick-a-Little, Post-a-Little/Good Morning, BroadwayWorld  May 10 2011, 01:23:58 AM

I missed this video sooooo much!!! :) :)

Could Taymor be happy with the Times' Spider-Man review?  Feb 8 2011, 06:12:32 PM
I wouldn't be too upset either, its just more presence in the news.
Book of Mormon Press and Preview Thread  Feb 8 2011, 06:10:19 PM
I love Andrew Rannells.
Spider-Man rep speaks out on the 'early' reviews  Feb 8 2011, 05:55:24 PM

I was quite shocked that The Times did an early review, because it seems unprofessional to write a review before invited, but its a hot topic and their first job is to stay on top of the news and be relevant right? I imagine this show is going to be critic proof anyways, so it was mostly for the drama of it all.

Honestly, I LOVE reading Brantley when hes being cranky, even if I enjoyed the show and wholeheartedly admit to being a sucker for a good spectacle.

WONDERLAND Box Office Opens With Mad Hatter Ticket Offer  Feb 8 2011, 05:48:54 PM

I would go for that in a heartbeat, but I'm working! I've gotta find out how much wheelchair seating is going to be.

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Nov 6 2010, 11:53:00 PM
My favorite related story was Matthew Morrison turning down the role of Rocky in Rocky Horror Picture Show to be in a boy band. When it failed, he later joined the cast as a phantom. Heh.
Protesting THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS  Nov 6 2010, 11:47:58 PM
CPD, they must disagree with you re: PR, because the Scottsboro Boys twitter page has quite a few relevant retweets!
ELLING Previews  Nov 6 2010, 08:28:54 PM
the set was simple, an L shaped wall to frame a room and some tables, chairs, beds, etc that they moved around depending on the place they were meant to be occupying.
Protesting THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS  Nov 6 2010, 06:33:28 PM
It sounds to me like they don't know of, and would be equally offended by things like, The Producers & Cabaret. Sigh. I don't know, I have yet to see Scottsboro Boys but prejudice is not the tone I got from the commercials. I am looking forward to seeing it.
ELLING Previews  Nov 6 2010, 06:24:36 PM
I saw Elling on Thursday from the first row side center and I had an absolute blast. I was giggling the whole evening.

Denis O'Hare's role is akin to some of his other recent Broadway roles in Assassins, Sweet Charity & Take Me Out in that he is sometimes quiet and very awkward but he gets excited and turns wordy with excitement, and its a character type hes fantastic at.

Jennifer Coolidge I thought was under used, shes a mish mash of the females in the show but still it didn

Question about THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS rush...  Oct 15 2010, 03:20:46 PM
I imagine it will get a bit harder, the new commercial just hit the internet today.
re: re: 'Memphis' Lives in Us: The Official Love Thread  Oct 12 2010, 01:36:29 PM
Just wanted to share this video with the Memphis fans. Truly wonderful to see shows participating in the It Gets Better campaign.
Broadway Company of CHICAGO's 'It Gets Better' Video  Oct 12 2010, 01:32:17 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You