pixeltracker

Cher in sunset boulevard film- Page 2

Cher in sunset boulevard film

Studmuffn520
#25re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:12pm

Of course, Cher could do it! I hope it happens.

stanton
#26re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:40pm

Well yes she can do it. She would be great but she wouldn't be my first choice for a movie. However for a broadway show PUT HER IN

I wish I could sing.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#27re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 5:59pm

It's so interesting when these sort of threads get started............my friend heard, blah, blah, blah.........99% of the time, whatever one has heard from their "friend," never happens....

Cher as Norma? Oh, good God!!!! I can't think of a more absurd idea............UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheer terror..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm racking my brain here trying to think which could be worse......Cher as Norma in "Sunset" - or, everytime those "Mame" tv rumors start circulating with Cher.........

Updated On: 11/2/07 at 05:59 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#28re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 6:19pm

It was rumored that she would do the show on Broadway, I forget who it was to be after...but I think it was towards the end for a sort of "David Hasselhoff in Jekyll & Hyde thing where they were at a point just trying to keep filling in the seats with anyone so that they could keep getting more celebrities into the show, but who knows.

I personally would loathe the film in that case, as well as her even recording the songs.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#29re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 6:28pm

Yuck.

Theatrical Landladies Profile Photo
Theatrical Landladies
#30re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 9:45pm

I certainly can't see Babs doing Norma since she would demand too many rewrites and Lloyd Webber wants to keep more control than in Evita.

Mind you look what his control achieved in Phantom!

"Your eyes..... they shine like the pants on my blue serge suit"

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#31re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 10:04pm

Umm, Cher isn't a big star?

So I guess it's no big deal that she's had a #1 record every decade since the 60's? I suppose it's also no big deal that she's the only woman to ever achieve that...

Cher has an amazing ability to fly below the radar, and then come back in a huge way. You guys can make all the cracks you want, but #1 records and an Oscar don't just happen.

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#32re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/2/07 at 10:15pm

I never said that Cher wasn't a big star. I just don't think that she's the right person to play Norma........IF.....there's ever going to be a film version of the musical.

There's been talk for 12+ years about "Mame" as a tv movie with Cher, too. Here we are all these years later, and nothing has happened. She's completely wrong for both parts - Norma & Mame. Same with Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler being named from time to time for that "Mame" tv movie. They are both completely wrong for the role of Mame Dennis. They would both be fantastic in the role of Agnes.

In all fairness to Cher, the decade isn't over yet. We still got a few years, and I think that Barbra has a chance to have a #1 hit this decade......as she has done since the 60's...like Cher....along with her Oscar......two, actually. Cher has 1.

Updated On: 11/2/07 at 10:15 PM

stanton
#33re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/3/07 at 2:20am

Just release the broadway version that was shot

I wish I could sing.

Studmuffn520
#34re: Little Mermaid on site we do not mention
Posted: 11/3/07 at 1:01pm

That is the most hideously ridiculous-looking thing I have seen in a long, long time. She sounds beautiful, though. What a great song. It's such a shame that this story has been subjected to such treatment. It's less than half-assed, and that makes me sad. Updated On: 11/3/07 at 01:01 PM

stanton
#52re: Cher in sunset boulevard film
Posted: 11/4/07 at 2:15am

if it gets made great no matter who is in it I will see it

I wish I could sing.

Videos