Broadway board game ...

Taka Profile Photo
Taka
#25re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:10pm

Buy a fake autograph of Kristin Chenoweth on eBay. Pay $150.

Buy spinach for the cast of "Spring Awakening". Pay $25.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#26re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:47pm

You didn't entertain them, and they didn't have a good time. Go to jail, do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Taka Profile Photo
Taka
#27re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:51pm

You pay $150 to see Fantasia in "The Color Purple", only to discover that she's out.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#28re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:55pm

A judge decides that you really are the "guilty" one. Go to jail.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#29re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 12:59pm

You tried to upstage Patti LuPone, pays $1,000 for medical bills.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Taka Profile Photo
Taka
#30re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 2:03pm

Your show "Funny Boy" flopped, and you made a profit! Collect $500. ("The Producers")

After fleeing from the Nazis, you escape to Switzerland! Wait a second. Nope, never mind. You ran straight to Bavaria. You're toast. Go to jail. (I took this one from "The Sound of Music" movie. Don't know if it counts, though.)

Ok, somewhere over the rainbow, your dog Toto won't get killed. So you run away, run back home, get caught in a tornado, get colorized, get homesick, kill a witch, expose a corrupt government, realize that the key to getting home was with you all along, and arrive back home. There's no place like home, eh? Too bad Toto's not there to enjoy it with you. Pay 50 dollars for the fees required to put doggie to sleep. (edit: That one's from "The Wizard of Oz")
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 02:03 PM

somebear
#31re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 2:29pm

You are tall, and had seats in the Studio 54 Mez. Pay $700 for knee surgery.

Your flower shop is a great success due to a strange and unusual plant. Collect $100. (Little Shop)

Receive a check from Buzzline. Ca-ching ca-ching! Collect $300, (RENT)

Your article is amazing! CONGA! Collect $200. (Wonderful Town)

You make some money as a dancing band-aid. Collect $100. (A Chorus Line)

Pay $100 to take the ladies to lunch. Everybody laugh. (COMPANY)

You wore red shoes on a Thursday. They can get you for that sort of thing. I don't know if you know that. I mean, do you know that? Pay a fine of $50. (Grey Gardens)

You have to run to the liquor store as you have run out of vodka, you poop! Pay $50. (Drowsy Chaperone)

I could go on...

Timmer
#32re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 4:16pm

You're sent get a resolution on independence. Go back to Go. (1776)

By George, I think she's got it! Collect $200. (My Fair Lady)

You really made rain! Colect $100. (110 In the Shade)

You're forming a boys' band. Collect $100 from each player. (The Music Man)

I'm sure I can come up with some more..

"Some more" just reminded me:

You buy an apprentice. Pay $200. (Oliver)
Updated On: 11/21/07 at 04:16 PM

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#33re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 11/20/07 at 6:08pm

Jump over the moon and collect $50.

You ran out of pink and now you have to wear orange. Pay $100 to buy new clothes.

You got a chip on your shoulder! Move forward 3 spaces.

Sorry. No one invited you to the Ozdust Ballroom because they were too busy talking to Glinda. Move back 3 spaces.

Mybe instead of passing "Go", you could pass "opening Night"?

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT
Updated On: 11/20/07 at 06:08 PM

broadwayrules  Profile Photo
broadwayrules
#34re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 4:26pm

You miss your chance to get onto a helicopter, pay $200
Lose the spelling bee, pay $100.
Spoofed in Forbidden Broadway, get $100
You invest in a Cats movie, you lose the game!

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#35re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 10:16pm

This is funny except in Drowsy, booze was still illegal.

You have to go to the local underground Club run by the Mafia to buy a case of "water" that would run you a good $100 back then but I'd go for $200.

Of course there is still, mistaken Vodka for Water drive home drunk and get DUI. Go To Jail.

FinalDestination Profile Photo
FinalDestination
#36re: Broadway board game ...
Posted: 12/10/07 at 10:25pm

"You just got an internship! Now you're doing SO MUCH BETTER! Collect $100" (Legally Blonde)

"Your boss is a creep. Go back three spaces." (Legally Blonde)

"Your best friend committed suicide, and you impregnated your girlfriend. You're totally f**ked. Pay $200" (Spring Awakening)

"You poor unfortunate soul. You just sold your voice to a seawitch. But, on the plus side! Collect $50!" (Little Mermaid)

I just realized. These suck. But it's worth a shot.

"That's a good point. Next time I pee on a Starbucks couch and throw straws and napkins at a barista, I'll just yell, "YOU DON'T KNOW ME OUTSIDE OF STARBUCKS! YOU DON'T KNOW ME AT ALL!" and that should do it. "-LizzieCurry

Videos