pixeltracker

Hairspray National Tour!!!- Page 2

Hairspray National Tour!!!

zamedy
#25re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/11/08 at 2:14pm

The touring show also cut some lines from several songs. "Mamma I'm a Big Girl Now," "Miss Baltimore Crabs" and "You Can't Stop The Beat" are all shorter than the original version. In YCSTB, both Penny and Edna only sing one line of the refrain (for example, "Ever since I first saw the light, a man and woman like to shake it on a Saturday night" has been cut).
Updated On: 5/11/08 at 02:14 PM

lola_actor22 Profile Photo
lola_actor22
#26re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/11/08 at 4:33pm

Sarah Roussos was the understudy for Tracy on Thursday night in Toronto and I believe aswell for the remaining of the run.

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" - Stephen Sondheim

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#27re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/11/08 at 8:42pm

That can't be, because Amy sent me pictures of her performance from Friday. If someone tells me how to post pictures in messages, I'd be happy to share a couple.

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

rhetoric
#28re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/19/08 at 11:26pm

That's unfortunate. I saw the show in Boston with Brooklynn and then again in New Haven with Amy. I thought it was amazing both times. Supposedly the actor who played Link got called to Broadway but then couldn't return to the tour since he earned his equity card. Nonetheless, I thought the whole cast was great! My only gripes are: Motormouth Maybelle's lines nearly all rhyme. That was the script rather than the touring cast, but oh that annoyed me. And the set was slightly different depending on the size of the venue. That's probably an obvious, but some major set elements were missing in the New Haven performance (no scaffolding, no silhouettes, no "wires" on the television set) and I missed those. Anyway, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the show... personally I liked that the cast moved the set (with one exception in the final scene where an actual stagehand was used). The cast certainly poured its heart out!!

rhetoric
#29re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/19/08 at 11:29pm

ACL and Taboo, feel free to email me. I saw Amy (and then met her at the stage door) on Saturday. re: Hairspray National Tour!!!

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#30re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 5/20/08 at 3:59am

I saw them in at the Flint Center in cupertino, Ca but I had a bad seat so I might try to see them again in San Francisco.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#31re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/9/08 at 2:42pm

It's gonna be in SF next week and I can't wait for it.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#33re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 5:30pm

Erratum:

It was brought to my attention that Amy Toporeck was on as Tracy last night.

Corrected:

Watched the show and enjoyed it much better this time compared to when I saw it in Cupertino because of better seat and with that, a better view and acoustics.

The main characters that stood out in their vocal prowress in my opinion are Amy Toporek as Tracy and Angela Birchett as Motormouth M.

The rest of the cast were equally adorable and entertaining especially Mr. and Mrs. Turnblad, Penny and Link.

Yesterday was the first day of the legal same-sex marriages in CA and for Hairspray to be in San Francisco, it was extra special when it comes to a civil rights perspective as I listen to the song "I Know Where I've Been".

So....for those getting married at City Hall, it is just a walking distance to the Orpheum Theater and I highly recommend to see the show as an early honeymoon treat :)

Some cast members:

http://www.myspace.com/brooklynners
http://www.taylorfrey.com
http://www.danferretti.com
http://www.myspace.com/cosmicfunkallstars

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#34re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 5:44pm

Is this the last leg of the tour?

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#35re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 6:45pm

Definitely not, it is returning to Binghamton in Jan. and somewhere else in February.

BTW: Jerry's site
http://jerspray.com

Also, I belive Brooklynn returns tonight. Updated On: 6/18/08 at 06:45 PM

ucjrdude902
#36re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 6:58pm

I've always wanted to be part of this tour. I check the casting site atleast once a week.

defyingravity07
#37re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 7:07pm

Does know if Jerry is back from his injury.

#38re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 7:18pm

I saw Amy in NYC at the start of the month at a call back for the national Tour of Oliver, she said she was contracted until July something and that they were going international at some point next year, which was why no one really left this year.

defyingravity07
#39re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 7:20pm

After they go to Dallas they are going to China for about a month.

ucjrdude902
#40re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/18/08 at 7:31pm

I saw it the first time it went non-eq and came to Gainesville. It was a great show. I would definently love to be a part of it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41re: Hairspray National Tour!!!
Posted: 6/19/08 at 12:34am

Amy will be headed to China for a month and return back to the states just before the Olympics begin.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Videos