Best Seat in the House

bwbaby42 Profile Photo
bwbaby42
#25re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:36pm

For "Little Mermaid," which seat is better?
Orchestra Row V OR Front Mezzanine Row C

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#26re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:41pm

I would go with something in the middle orchestra for Little Mermaid. I sat in Row Y for Beauty and didn't find the rear orch bad at all contrary to what people say. Are both Orch V and Mezz C center? Mezz in the Lunt is good, except people are saying the effects don't look as good from the Mezz...I'd go with Orch V.

I never sat in the $51.25 Lion King seats.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#27re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:44pm

I saw Mermaid last week from Center Orch Row CC, which is the last row of the center orch. Not a bad view, though the overhang cuts off the very top the stage. For Mermaid it didn't matter much, except when the ship was on-stage. I had to turn my head a certain way to see the actors on the highest part of the ship. Front mezz would probably eliminate that issue as I think the mezz overhang starts at row M of the orchestra.

While I never sat in the $51.25 Lion King Seats, I did talk with someone who did and said they were fine and gave her a get overview of the whole show so that could take it all in.
Updated On: 7/29/08 at 01:44 PM

bwbaby42 Profile Photo
bwbaby42
#28re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:50pm

Orch V is center stage. So it'll be ok? Was the stage-picture look really far away from Row Y? millie_dillmount, Were you able to see the actors expressions?

jennamajig, did the overhang bother you for any other scenes besides the ship scenes? Also, did Sierra come out after the show? Did you go there for the evening performance?

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#29re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:56pm

http://disney.go.com/theatre/thelittlemermaid/#/seatingmap/

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#30re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 1:56pm

bwbaby42, other than the ship scenes, I didn't find the overhang a bother. I was center, so I got a nice overall view of the stage. I saw the show last Friday evening, and Sierra was actually out (I saw Betsy Morgan), so I won't be much of a help there, I'm afraid.

bwbaby42 Profile Photo
bwbaby42
#31re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 2:03pm

thnx so much for all your helpful advices,jennamajig :)
How was Betsy's performance?

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#32re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 2:13pm

Betsy did the best she could with the material (I found the show itself disappointing, but that is only my opinion and had nothing to do with Betsy's performance). She can belt well, but her range is a little limited. Still she had a nice tone and enthusiasm that Ariel needs to have and overall she gave a good performance.
Updated On: 7/29/08 at 02:13 PM

bwbaby42 Profile Photo
bwbaby42
#33re: Best Seat in the House
Posted: 7/29/08 at 5:25pm

What's the best seat in the house for "Lion King"? Is Mezz better than Orchestra?

Is Row K of Mezz ok? That's the only thing that I can afford right now. Updated On: 7/29/08 at 05:25 PM

Videos