News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)- Page 2

Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)

patti2
#25re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 9:48pm

Sounds promising. We will see.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#26re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:07pm

Finally. Something I look forward to in the fall.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#27re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/12/08 at 10:27pm

I wonder if the short but great Overture will remain?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#28re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 1:24am

Do we know if they are still using Tunick's orchestrations? I can't deal with another Sondheim show played by 6 musicians.
Updated On: 8/13/08 at 01:24 AM

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#29re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 1:40am

My only regret is that Sondheim has spent 12 years on this show and I hate to think of all the other shows that might have been written in that time. Still, he sure sounds enthusiastic about this latest incarnation.

Now if only I could convince him and John Weidman that the Yukon is NOT in Alaska, but rather in Canada!!!

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#30re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 1:58am

ha, thanks for clearing that up walkedthroughmany
I was pondering if it was actually THAT Colleen Fitzpatrick, I mean honestly that girl hasn't released anything in over 5 years, nice to see her do SOMETHING.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 2:11am

Wait. So it IS Vitamin C?

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#32re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 2:33am

no it's someone else named colleen fitzpatrick, i was just saying how nice it would be to see her doing something with her career, she's "working" on some albums but other than that she's not really around alot.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#33re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/13/08 at 5:16pm

Doyle is designing the set for this show. Yikes. I am getting nervous they got rid of Tunick's orchestrations.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#34re: Cerveris, Gemignani, Cuervo to Star in Public's ROAD SHOW (BOUNCE)
Posted: 8/14/08 at 3:36pm

It's not like Bounce could possibly get any worse, with or without the title change. For realz, it can only get better... So I'm looking forward to it.

And go Alex G!! :p

Videos