pixeltracker

Spring Awakening Tour San Diego Opening Night ...- Page 2

Spring Awakening Tour San Diego Opening Night ...

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#25re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/23/08 at 7:01pm

I thought Gerard taking over for Moritz on tour was just a rumor? If not, I am so there. Gerard was my first Georg and he had a phenomenal voice. I'd love to see his Moritz.

Trey C
#26re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/24/08 at 5:44pm

I am SOOO there.

Loved sitting on stage, just loved it!, but not for a first viewing b/c you can't hear as well. But it's a trip! I took my brother, the cage fighter (seriously). He knows nothing of Broadway and was embarrassed to be there; thought he'd have to forfeit his man card. But it blew his mind when we kept walking and walking right to the stage and sat our asses down. And Hey, Mikey, he liked it!

I'm dying to see the tour production!!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/25/08 at 2:03am

It's a pretty good cast all around. There are some weak links, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few more performances under their belts. I did notice some changes. Otto seems to have been visually reimagined. The actor playing him was pretty thin and he has Georg's usual hairdo with Georg now sporting a one sided wave type part, but keeping the glasses. Also the reformatory scene was played at stage level and not in the trap which made for some odd blocking.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#29re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/25/08 at 12:45pm

I saw it in San Diego this last Friday evening. It was my 1st esposure to the music and story. I really enjoyed it. I got a really good discount through ARTIX - half off any ticket.

eatlasagna
#30re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/27/08 at 12:36am

i'm going to see the show this saturday! woo hoo... anyways... are they selling souvenir programs for the show and if so... how much? thanks

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#31re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/27/08 at 12:52am

They are. I didn't get one, I got a T-shirt instead, so I'm not sure how much it was, but they're usually 10 dollars.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#32re: SA San Diego Opening Night ...
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:57am

The program was $20 and came in a black book bag.

Videos