pixeltracker

"Blithe Spirit" Stage Door- Page 2

"Blithe Spirit" Stage Door

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#25re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/1/09 at 8:28am

Felt like 20 minutes to me, but then I think she's worth waiting almost any length of time, even an unreasonable length.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#26re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 4:11am

I stagedoored both shows tonight (only saw the 2 p.m.) and both times Angela sent out a stack of playbills and did not come, even though both times about 15 people were waiting, down from the nearly 1000 I saw out there a month ago.

I wonder what the reason is, especially for her not coming out for the evening show. Naturally, I start to worry. I hope that the performance isn't taking the wind out of her sails. You wouldn't know it from how she is onstage. It just worries me not to see her her normal self.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#27re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 8:27am

Well, considering last night ended in a deluge, I can understand why she didn't come out after the evening show. I heard she doesn't usually come out between matinees because she likes to take a rest. It's so great of her to send out the signed playbills, though! I know, it doesn't compare to meeting her, but at least you come away with something.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#28re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 1:28pm

She's Angela Lansbury and can do whatever she wants.

Maybe she has arthritis?

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#29re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 1:58pm

Flaem, what do you mean a deluge? You mean the rain? It wasn't raining for the hour radius when it would have been time to stagedoor.

I just hope she's still feeling 100%. I guess she can't be too bad if she's sending out stacks of playbills inscribed. :) She's such a class act. :)

knicks521922
#30re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 5:21pm

does the cast come out on sundays since its the only show that day

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#31re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/7/09 at 7:40pm

None of the main players came out last week when I was there. The exceedingly obnoxious man at the stage door gave some Angela Landsbury signed playbills out. He was a jerk about it.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#32re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/9/09 at 2:45am

pc11, was there another show later that day that they did not come out? I'm a little surprised at this.

By the way, that guy at the stage door, the guy with the classes, probably about 5'10, early-late 50's, not such a bad guy. Quite friendly to me when I asked him to send a note back to Angela. Some fans at the stage door can be a little trying to deal with and perhaps you caught him at a bad moment.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#33re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/16/09 at 12:50am

Went to the Drama League awards today and decided to rush the show again. Even more fun than last time.

Only Rupert and Deborah Rush came out the stage door. Rush is so modest - "(I'll sign for you guys) while you wait for the bigwigs to come out." Am I the only one who finds her to be one of America's foremost, exemplary character actresses?

Angela sent out playbills again. She was probably tired from the Drama League luncheon? I don't know. I just wonder where this cast goes if they don't come out that door. It's too bad Jayne Atkinson doesn't come out, she is just wonderful. I'm shocked she has not been given more kudos for her part in this production.

That Groovy Guy Profile Photo
That Groovy Guy
#34re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/09 at 12:22am

I was at the show last night. None of them came out. :o(
I did however get a chance to meet Petula Clark who was visiting backstage! She said she was in town on vacation and looking into possibly performing in New York sometime.

"Oh some like it hot, but I like it *really* hot." - Heat Miser

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#35re: 'Blithe Spirit' Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/09 at 1:15pm

Angela Lansbury came out when I was there in April- she signed numerous autographs and stood for quite a few pictures. She's an astonishingly beautiful 80+ year old woman!

Videos